THE BROWNS BOARD

Mayfield or Mahomes

Dawgs89

3 hours ago, Zombo said:

So we're back to the Chiefs weapons being as good as Bruce, Holt and Faulk again ...

Zombo

Not me I’m not the one who Is arguing that. But it’s true for any team you need a quarterback running back wide receiver is tight ends offense of line to Make a great offense

On 8/20/2018 at 9:00 AM, Zombo said:

So we're back to the Chiefs weapons being as good as Bruce, Holt and Faulk again ...

Zombo

Hunt already led the NFL in rushing and is a good recieving back.  Hill is already known good.  Kelce is a top 2 TE.  The unknown is Watkins....he may suck, he may be less than advertised or he might be Tory Holt.  We don't have Orlando Pace at LT.

8 hours ago, Pat Mahomo said:

Hunt already led the NFL in rushing and is a good recieving back.  Hill is already known good.  Kelce is a top 2 TE.  The unknown is Watkins....he may suck, he may be less than advertised or he might be Tory Holt.  We don't have Orlando Pace at LT.

No you don't. You have a good tight end, a couple nice finds at rb and wr and an unknown quantity at QB.

Your defense not as good as it was.

Chargers win the division.

Zombo

19 minutes ago, Zombo said:

No you don't. You have a good tight end, a couple nice finds at rb and wr and an unknown quantity at QB.

Your defense not as good as it was.

Chargers win the division.

Zombo

I'll give a first hand report after I return from the Broncos/Chiefs game Oct. 1 at Mile High courtesy of my nephew & his season tickets. This will be the 1st time I have ever gotten to go to a pro game. I will have a Browns blanket around me so look for it on Monday Night Football. If I see a camera looking our way, I'll wave it in front.  LOL!🤩

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

lol...

I'm sure that'll make you very popular.

Say hello to horseface for us, if you see him.

My Nephew is 6'4" 270. He's been a bouncer and a bail bondsman/collector. No one will F with us, guarantee it.🤩

1 minute ago, The Gipper said:

You know the old saying....the bigger they come, the harder they fall.

LOL! My nephew has never failed to get the $$ back when he is sent to do so. He says he has very rarely ever had anyone try to challenge him on that. The weight is not in his middle, it's in has arms, shoulders and legs. And he can maintain a relaxed determined attitude with no note of emotion other than the unstated message. "Hand me the $$ and I will go away" Likely helps he is also licensed to carry a 40 cal on his hip as well. LOL!😂

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Pat Mahomo said:

So Tyreke Hill, Sammy Watkins and Kareem Hunt are Isaac Bruce, Torry Holt and Marshall Faulk?

And Mahomo is Kurt Warner.

OK, Chief, keep giving us that expert advice, glad you discovered Baker Mayfield for us BTW.

Zombo 

Defense wins championships...  

8 hours ago, Pat Mahomo said:

:D

I knew you'd be back.

Props to Mahomes, your offense and basically, at this writing... you were right.

Hope we can give you a game Sunday, itll be fun if we do.

Z

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Zombo said:

I knew you'd be back.

Props to Mahomes, your offense and basically, at this writing... you were right.

Hope we can give you a game Sunday, itll be fun if we do.

Z

KC is a FUN team to watch.  It'll be fun to see what Dorsey put together in KC vrs what he's putting together in Cleveland.

I hope we give them a game as long as we don't give them the game. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Pat Mahomo said:

:D

Da Fuq are you smiling about?

The Rams have you beat in total yards, yards per game, rushing yards (by quite a bit) and you're tied in yards per play.    You're barely able to qualify yourself as the best offense in the NFL THIS SEASON -  Being that it's neck and neck with L.A.   

Come back when KC has a deep playoff push.   But like I said in the other thread, with Reid still coaching that won't be likely.  

10 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Da Fuq are you smiling about?

The Rams have you beat in total yards, yards per game, rushing yards (by quite a bit) and you're tied in yards per play.    You're barely able to qualify yourself as the best offense in the NFL THIS SEASON -  Being that it's neck and neck with L.A.   

Come back when KC has a deep playoff push.   But like I said in the other thread, with Reid still coaching that won't be likely.  

who Da Fuq have the Rams played?  The Cardinals, 49ers, Raiders ?  The Rams have left the state of California TWICE this year.  The Chiefs have been on the road at the Chargers, at the Steelers, at the Broncos, at the Patriots, and won at home against the Broncos, Bengals, 49ers and Jaxonville when they still were No.1 in Defense.  Our only loss was to the Pats in new england where we put up 40 points and lost by a field goal kicked as time expired.  ....The Rams have taken advantage of a WEAK schedule and a lopsided number of home games to start the year.

14 hours ago, Pat Mahomo said:

who Da Fuq have the Rams played?  The Cardinals, 49ers, Raiders ?  The Rams have left the state of California TWICE this year.  The Chiefs have been on the road at the Chargers, at the Steelers, at the Broncos, at the Patriots, and won at home against the Broncos, Bengals, 49ers and Jaxonville when they still were No.1 in Defense.  Our only loss was to the Pats in new england where we put up 40 points and lost by a field goal kicked as time expired.  ....The Rams have taken advantage of a WEAK schedule and a lopsided number of home games to start the year.

Cool story.   Win a super bowl and then you might be able to claim this lofty status.  But right around this time last year is when the Chiefs yet again started to collapse.      See the 99 Rams weren't just a great offense - they had a very capable defense as well which is often overlooked.   Top 5 that season, I believe.      Something your team sorely lacks and isn't even close too.    

You want to be the 99 Rams?  Win the Superbowl.  If not, you're just another 2013 Broncos.  

Now that everything is turned to Sheet, really makes me laugh because 4 weeks ago many were talking playoffs and nobody said much about the play calling then, Now, Baker looks worse and worse each week, will he even be here next year? Or is the new coach going to draft a guy he wanted? Maybe trade Baker for more draft picks, like a 7th rounder? Shmuck?  this really is a dumpster fire and there is no end in site. No I don't care that Hue got fired I am only sick of the "we need a new coach" cowpoop. If there is talent on this team, where is it? No Touchdown in the first quarter all year, Our Oline gives up over 5 sacks per game Jarvis only seems to run 3 yard routes and our other wr are no name rookies who flat out would not even be on any other teams practice squad. We need play makers and blockers. I really hope Baker is our guy but at this point I would not be surprised if the new coach does want somebody else. The Globe Trotters have a better chance of losing tha we do of winning any time soon.

27 minutes ago, medicineman said:

Now that everything is turned to Sheet, really makes me laugh because 4 weeks ago many were talking playoffs and nobody said much about the play calling then, Now, Baker looks worse and worse each week, will he even be here next year? Or is the new coach going to draft a guy he wanted? Maybe trade Baker for more draft picks, like a 7th rounder? Shmuck?  this really is a dumpster fire and there is no end in site. No I don't care that Hue got fired I am only sick of the "we need a new coach" cowpoop. If there is talent on this team, where is it? No Touchdown in the first quarter all year, Our Oline gives up over 5 sacks per game Jarvis only seems to run 3 yard routes and our other wr are no name rookies who flat out would not even be on any other teams practice squad. We need play makers and blockers. I really hope Baker is our guy but at this point I would not be surprised if the new coach does want somebody else. The Globe Trotters have a better chance of losing tha we do of winning any time soon.

Who was actually talking playoffs with a 2-2-1 record? Do y’all not remember when we had Hoyer? We were like 3-2 that year. That should be a forbidden word until this team actually makes it.

....even though it was pretty lopsided today, I am pretty sure once the Browns get an actual staff in place that Dorsey can work with, things will finaly turn around for you all.  Dorsey has a good eye for talent...just get him someone to help manage the cap and you'll be fine.  I think Mayfield will ultimately be a pretty good QB...I've said so on this board several times, long before the draft that he was the QB to get in this draft class.  Once you get the mess stablized there, I am sure we'll see some epic KC/Cleveland matchups in the future that have major playoff and championship implications.  The Browns just aren't there yet.  

• 2 weeks later...

It doesn't really take much to "astonish" a bunch of morons. Is the Chefs board completely dead, so you have to search here for a mention of your team?.....oh..you probably don't have a message board.

The Chiefs have Mahomes & they are happy with him. He's NOT here.

The Browns have Mayfield & I (for one) am happy with him. He IS here.

I see no need to discuss the other when we have our guy! Just my opinion.

Mike

• Upvote 1

Neither this Browns team nor KC are anywhere near 1999 Rams.

Blog post about that defense..

Only a very few Browns would crack the starting lineup - Schobert, Landry, of course Garrett and that's about it. Who on KC would substitute for anyone on the 1999 Rams? Schwartz isn't good enough to be even a poor man's Orlando Pace.