THE BROWNS BOARD

Mayfield or Mahomes

Dawgs89

5 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

And I conned my wife into thinking yesterday was hump day. Shall I go for a twofer?🤩

You have a TV drinking date in can't-a-da tomarrow named Johnny Manziel..i'd start with "Tonight's the night part 2 my darling";) 

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, boo fagley said:

Only 1 preseason game completed.

Watched Mahomes last night. He sucked and could not move the offense. Perhaps its nothing, but I believe he will be a bust. The Chiefs always draft the wrong QB and moved up in the wrong draft.

He who lives in a glass house shouldnt throw stones.

Chiefs have nothing on us when it comes to drafting the wrong QB

Just now, boo fagley said:

Len Dawson back in the 70s.

The rest have been train wrecks.

He wasn't drafted by the Chiefs either. Drafted by the Steelers, played for the Browns as well before he got his opportunity with the Chiefs in the AFL.

Zombo

3 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Mahomes will throw 20picks this year if he plays a full season. 

Beware of rocket arm gunslingers. We flamed out with Brandon We-done, and got 10 good games out of Derek Anderson. Exactly why I wanted the Browns (who thankfully did) steer clear of Josh Allen. 

• Like 1

I have posted in here pre draft etc...that Mayfield would be the best QB in this draft...you got the right guy....Mahomes is going to be a star....and the Chiefs O is loaded like 99 Rams loaded.  It's funny how everyone has the impression Mahomes is a turnover machine..he threw 10 INTS his final season in college with like 5 million passing attempts with a 63% completion pct.  If you'd have drafted Allen, I'd be here laughing..you got it right finally.....Should be fun to watch in the coming years, Mayfield, Darnold, Mahomes, Watson......Josh Allen, and Mitch Trubisky...not so much. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Pat Mahomo said:

I have posted in here pre draft etc...that Mayfield would be the best QB in this draft...you got the right guy....Mahomes is going to be a star....and the Chiefs O is loaded like 99 Rams loaded.  It's funny how everyone has the impression Mahomes is a turnover machine..he threw 10 INTS his final season in college with like 5 million passing attempts with a 63% completion pct.  If you'd have drafted Allen, I'd be here laughing..you got it right finally.....Should be fun to watch in the coming years, Mayfield, Darnold, Mahomes, Watson......Josh Allen, and Mitch Trubisky...not so much.

In watching the Broncos last night it is now obvious that Paxton Lynch is going to be 3rd string behind Chad Kelly unless a miracle happens the next 3 preseason games.

How many of these will actually start this year, not including injuries to other QB's on roster

MAYFIELD ( No chance)

ALLEN ( Wont start)

ROSEN ( 50/50 chance )

JACKSON ( No chance )

DARNOLD ( Probably the only one ? )

8 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

In watching the Broncos last night it is now obvious that Paxton Lynch is going to be 3rd string behind Chad Kelly unless a miracle happens the next 3 preseason games.

Ghoolie is thankfully on sabbatical- but he was still thinking his guy Lynch "just needs more time"....  :D  :D :D 

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

Ghoolie is thankfully on sabbatical- but he was still thinking his guy Lynch "just needs more time"....  :D  :D :D 

Paxton Lynch is a

apple-turnover.jpg

2 hours ago, hoorta said:

If the Broncos don't keep 3 QB's he'll get lots more time. Funny how Kelly can just come in and get them back in the lead after being way down even though they eventually lost. He looked way more effective than Lynch.😂

On 8/12/2018 at 3:39 AM, Pat Mahomo said:

So Tyreke Hill, Sammy Watkins and Kareem Hunt are Isaac Bruce, Torry Holt and Marshall Faulk?

And Mahomo is Kurt Warner.

OK, Chief, keep giving us that expert advice, glad you discovered Baker Mayfield for us BTW.

Zombo

• Haha 1

On 8/13/2018 at 8:53 AM, Zombo said:

So Tyreke Hill, Sammy Watkins and Kareem Hunt are Isaac Bruce, Torry Holt and Marshall Faulk?

And Mahomo is Kurt Warner.

OK, Chief, keep giving us that expert advice, glad you discovered Baker Mayfield for us BTW.

Zombo

Yes.  

And...I didn't discover Mayfield...some here wanted him...and many here thought/think he is Manziel 2.0 (wrong) ....All I am saying is I thought and continue to think Mayfield IS the best QB in this class and for once, Cleveland made the right choice.  

13 hours ago, Pat Mahomo said:

Yes.  

And...I didn't discover Mayfield...some here wanted him...and many here thought/think he is Manziel 2.0 (wrong) ....All I am saying is I thought and continue to think Mayfield IS the best QB in this class and for once, Cleveland made the right choice.  

Well, we know that.

Unfortunately, Dorsey fucked up last year and took Mahomo and that will set your franchise back years.

You're aware that Sammy Watkins sucks, right? So we're taking Isaac Bruce off the board.

So you wanna say that Tyreke Hill and Kareem Hunt are as good as Torry Holt and Marshall Faulk.

Ok.

You don't don't think there is any homerism at in that? About 200 Million people watch the NFL every week, and out of that 200 Milllion, you are the only single person that thinks these guys are as good as Bruce, Holt and Faulk. The only single one.

Zombo

8 hours ago, Zombo said:

Well, we know that.

Unfortunately, Dorsey Shmucked up last year and took Mahomo and that will set your franchise back years.

You're aware that Sammy Watkins sucks, right? So we're taking Isaac Bruce off the board.

So you wanna say that Tyreke Hill and Kareem Hunt are as good as Torry Holt and Marshall Faulk.

Ok.

You don't don't think there is any homerism at in that? About 200 Million people watch the NFL every week, and out of that 200 Milllion, you are the only single person that thinks these guys are as good as Bruce, Holt and Faulk. The only single one.

Zombo

In 1999 no one thought Bruce, Holt, Faulk and Warner were as good as Bruce Holt, Faulk, and Warner.  

• Upvote 1

On 8/12/2018 at 7:27 AM, darren15 said:

How many of these will actually start this year, not including injuries to other QB's on roster

MAYFIELD ( No chance)

ALLEN ( Wont start)

ROSEN ( 50/50 chance )

JACKSON ( No chance )

DARNOLD ( Probably the only one ? )

Bridgewater is balling out 

15 hours ago, Pat Mahomo said:

In 1999 no one thought Bruce, Holt, Faulk and Warner were as good as Bruce Holt, Faulk, and Warner.  

We knew Bruce and Faulk were good. Faulk was already a Superstar and Bruce was  Pro Bowler who led the league in receiving.

Torry Holt was the sixth overall pick.

Which leaves us with you comparing Pat Mahomo to Kurt Warner again. Sigh.

Zombo

13 hours ago, Zombo said:

We knew Bruce and Faulk were good. Faulk was already a Superstar and Bruce was  Pro Bowler who led the league in receiving.

Torry Holt was the sixth overall pick.

Which leaves us with you comparing Pat Mahomo to Kurt Warner again. Sigh.

Zombo

Mahomes a first round. Warner a grocery bagger. 

On 6/28/2018 at 8:59 PM, Dawgs89 said:

Simple question: Who do you think will be the better NFL QB?

Mayfield...

He has shown a discipline that Mahomey has not shown... and may never show.

On 8/12/2018 at 4:34 PM, TexasAg1969 said:

Funny how Kelly can just come in and get them back in the lead after being way down even though they eventually lost. He looked way more effective than Lynch.😂

Just a a former Tour Darkhorse should... ;)

Even my 2017, Desparation Darkhorse, C.J. Beathard looked decent last nite vs. HOU.

On 8/12/2018 at 6:14 AM, TexasAg1969 said:

And when we factor in Chad Kelly was the last pick of an entire draft class, the good news is Paxton Lynch can still be a football messiah in Canada.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Zombo said:

Right. Warner became a Hall of Famer and went to three SBs

Mahomes is just as good?

Zombo

Cause we know draft slot determines how good a QB will be. The list of names jersey was all late round picks I guess 🤔