Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Dawgs89

Mayfield or Mahomes

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

NOTICE The meeting of the Big Ben fan club has been moved to 3 pm today before the Indians game. Thank you. 

What can I say, I like my QBs "rapey"... 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Might want to check Mayfield's actual analysis before knocking him.  He is, in the world of objective reality, a "strong-armed AFC North QB."

Oh, and he's just as athletic as someone named Johnny Manziel but he maintains his ability to throw during the scramble while Manziel did... not.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

What can I say, I like my QBs "rapey"... 

And I thought I was sick......I beg your pardon.  (I only collect cookbooks. :lol: )

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mahomes will be a Bust.

The Chiefs always choose the wrong QB. This time they moved up in the wrong draft. Mahomes supposedly has the big arm that Alex Smith never had. The game is about quick decisions and short passes because they lead to higher completion percentage. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, boo fagley said:

Mahomes will be a Bust.

The Chiefs always choose the wrong QB. 

So by this logic, Mayfield will be a bust too, since the Browns 1999 on have been a QB graveyard, right? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

So by this logic, Mayfield will be a bust too, since the Browns 1999 on have been a QB graveyard, right? 

but a lot of those QB picks were flat-out BAD picks. Didn't want Quinn- and certainly not Manziel. We-done was a desperation pick doomed from the get-go. Almost threw up when they announced Kizer. Thinking Frye or McCoy were going to be the next Joe Montana? Lotsa luck there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, boo fagley said:

Mahomes will be a Bust.

The Chiefs always choose the wrong QB. This time they moved up in the wrong draft. Mahomes supposedly has the big arm that Alex Smith never had. The game is about quick decisions and short passes because they lead to higher completion percentage. 

http://www.nfl.com/videos/baldys-breakdowns/0ap3000000905916/Why-Patrick-Mahomes-is-ready-to-lead-the-Chiefs-Film-Review

........but all your really need to understand is that Andy Reid drafted him, had him on the roster a whole year, and then decided to trade the NFL's passer rating leader, who still had a year left at a somewhat reasonable 20 million, so he could make room to start Mahomes.  .....you can read glowing reports from writers, other players, coaches, etc...but the thing that should really make you take notice is they moved on from a good QB under contract to start this kid.  He's going to be freaking awesome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Pat Mahomo said:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/baldys-breakdowns/0ap3000000905916/Why-Patrick-Mahomes-is-ready-to-lead-the-Chiefs-Film-Review

........but all your really need to understand is that Andy Reid drafted him, had him on the roster a whole year, and then decided to trade the NFL's passer rating leader, who still had a year left at a somewhat reasonable 20 million, so he could make room to start Mahomes.  .....you can read glowing reports from writers, other players, coaches, etc...but the thing that should really make you take notice is they moved on from a good QB under contract to start this kid.  He's going to be freaking awesome.

 

Yes, no team has ever moved on from a productive veteran in favor of the draw of greener pastures of a "promising" rookie. 

Mahomes first start didn't inspire a ton of confidence.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Pat Mahomo said:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/baldys-breakdowns/0ap3000000905916/Why-Patrick-Mahomes-is-ready-to-lead-the-Chiefs-Film-Review

........but all your really need to understand is that Andy Reid drafted him, had him on the roster a whole year, and then decided to trade the NFL's passer rating leader, who still had a year left at a somewhat reasonable 20 million, so he could make room to start Mahomes.  .....you can read glowing reports from writers, other players, coaches, etc...but the thing that should really make you take notice is they moved on from a good QB under contract to start this kid.  He's going to be freaking awesome.

I think it is a bit early to determine if he is going to be freaking awesome.  A lot of people thought DeShone Kizer would be freeking awesome.  Let's wait a few years.  And even if he looks awesome to begin with.....I have three words of caution:   R, G. and III. (also apply this to DeShaun Watson).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Pat Mahomo said:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/baldys-breakdowns/0ap3000000905916/Why-Patrick-Mahomes-is-ready-to-lead-the-Chiefs-Film-Review

........but all your really need to understand is that Andy Reid drafted him, had him on the roster a whole year, and then decided to trade the NFL's passer rating leader, who still had a year left at a somewhat reasonable 20 million, so he could make room to start Mahomes.  .....you can read glowing reports from writers, other players, coaches, etc...but the thing that should really make you take notice is they moved on from a good QB under contract to start this kid.  He's going to be freaking awesome.

Every Tom, Ghoolie and Harry looks like a star in practice. When it gets real they $hit the bed. Mahomes will be no different.

Reid drafting anybody means little. The great Eagles teams were built by GM Howie Roseman and not Andy Reid. Andy got his a$$ run out of town after the Eagles grew tired of his excuses. " I need to do a better job" - Andy Reid. The Eagles won the Lombardi because Andy was not around to screw it up.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

So by this logic, Mayfield will be a bust too, since the Browns 1999 on have been a QB graveyard, right? 

No, because the Browns hit a QB rich draft and were sitting in the cat bird seat.

The other years they still had to choose a QB too. Its like drinking Jameson or Zaya rum. You want Jameson because its the best, but if it aint around youll settle for Zaya and hold your nose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Zaya? Don't get me started.😁

2 hours ago, boo fagley said:

Its like drinking Jameson or Zaya rum. You want Jameson because its the best, but if it aint around youll settle for Zaya and hold your nose.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, boo fagley said:

No, because the Browns hit a QB rich draft and were sitting in the cat bird seat.

The other years they still had to choose a QB too. Its like drinking Jameson or Zaya rum. You want Jameson because its the best, but if it aint around youll settle for Zaya and hold your nose.

I'll start for Ag.   It's the difference between drinking Diplomatio Reserva and Kessler Burbon, Burbon Superme, or Kamchatka vodka- you know the sort of stuff you can buy a 1.75 liter for $12 bucks.  :)   We drank plenty of Kessler trying to believe we were getting Remy Louis XIII.  (for those of you who aren't into cognac,  Remy is 100 year old that costs around $2,400 a bottle. I saw it at one bar where I could have had a 1\2 ounce pour for $70, and considering, that's not getting ripped off. ) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Goddamn rummies on this board... 🤣

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

Goddamn rummies on this board... 🤣

Ay Matey!! Yo ho ho etc.🐳

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Zaya? Don't get me started.😁

 

What a bottle of swill, Huh?

Ghoolie cant afford the top shelf stuff.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, boo fagley said:

What a bottle of swill, Huh?

Ghoolie cant afford the top shelf stuff.

Well, he can. but he doesn't know the great stuff from crap. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, hoorta said:

Well, he can. but he doesn't know the great stuff from crap. 

After reading your post on booze, Id say you know of what you speak. Never tried Remy, but it sounds good.

Jameson is not the best, but its good value. Just like Jose Quervo 1800 tequila. Cant beat the price and quality.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, hoorta said:

Well, he can. but he doesn't know the great stuff from crap. 

Actually he told me he will try the Diplomatico some day. I would suggest when the Zumba Dancer & Ogbah combine for their 20th sack of the season would be a good time.🤩

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, boo fagley said:

After reading your post on booze, Id say you know of what you speak. Never tried Remy, but it sounds good.

Jameson is not the best, but its good value. Just like Jose Quervo 1800 tequila. Cant beat the price and quality.

I tried Jose Cuervo once. Best tequila I ever had.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Must another thread devolve into an AA support meeting?

Trivia Question:  Where was AA founded? 

Hint:

mayflower.jpg

Another hint:

StanHywet_Gate%20Lodge.jpg?itok=INvUvT5u

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where else? The adopted home of Bob Hope maybe?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Where else? The adopted home of Bob Hope maybe?

NO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

NO

I thought I'd was NE OHIO, hmmmm, not Toledo, Arron/Canton area?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, hoorta said:

Well, he can. but he doesn't know the great stuff from crap. 

Expected from a Steeler fan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Must another thread devolve into an AA support meeting?

Trivia Question:  Where was AA founded? 

Hint:

mayflower.jpg

Another hint:

StanHywet_Gate%20Lodge.jpg?itok=INvUvT5u

Barberton Ohio

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Nero said:

I tried Jose Cuervo once. Best tequila I ever had.

The Resposada or Anejo.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

I thought I'd was NE OHIO, hmmmm, not Toledo, Arron/Canton area?

Akron area.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, boo fagley said:

Barberton Ohio

No.   Though Barberton may have the highest percentage of it populace that needs their service!!:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×