THE BROWNS BOARD

Mayfield or Mahomes

Dawgs89

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

NOTICE The meeting of the Big Ben fan club has been moved to 3 pm today before the Indians game. Thank you. 

What can I say, I like my QBs "rapey"... 

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

What can I say, I like my QBs "rapey"... 

And I thought I was sick......I beg your pardon.  (I only collect cookbooks. :lol: )

• Haha 1

Mahomes will be a Bust.

The Chiefs always choose the wrong QB. This time they moved up in the wrong draft. Mahomes supposedly has the big arm that Alex Smith never had. The game is about quick decisions and short passes because they lead to higher completion percentage. 

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, boo fagley said:

Mahomes will be a Bust.

The Chiefs always choose the wrong QB. 

So by this logic, Mayfield will be a bust too, since the Browns 1999 on have been a QB graveyard, right? 

58 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

So by this logic, Mayfield will be a bust too, since the Browns 1999 on have been a QB graveyard, right? 

but a lot of those QB picks were flat-out BAD picks. Didn't want Quinn- and certainly not Manziel. We-done was a desperation pick doomed from the get-go. Almost threw up when they announced Kizer. Thinking Frye or McCoy were going to be the next Joe Montana? Lotsa luck there. 

3 hours ago, boo fagley said:

Mahomes will be a Bust.

The Chiefs always choose the wrong QB. This time they moved up in the wrong draft. Mahomes supposedly has the big arm that Alex Smith never had. The game is about quick decisions and short passes because they lead to higher completion percentage. 

http://www.nfl.com/videos/baldys-breakdowns/0ap3000000905916/Why-Patrick-Mahomes-is-ready-to-lead-the-Chiefs-Film-Review

........but all your really need to understand is that Andy Reid drafted him, had him on the roster a whole year, and then decided to trade the NFL's passer rating leader, who still had a year left at a somewhat reasonable 20 million, so he could make room to start Mahomes.  .....you can read glowing reports from writers, other players, coaches, etc...but the thing that should really make you take notice is they moved on from a good QB under contract to start this kid.  He's going to be freaking awesome.

4 hours ago, Pat Mahomo said:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/baldys-breakdowns/0ap3000000905916/Why-Patrick-Mahomes-is-ready-to-lead-the-Chiefs-Film-Review

........but all your really need to understand is that Andy Reid drafted him, had him on the roster a whole year, and then decided to trade the NFL's passer rating leader, who still had a year left at a somewhat reasonable 20 million, so he could make room to start Mahomes.  .....you can read glowing reports from writers, other players, coaches, etc...but the thing that should really make you take notice is they moved on from a good QB under contract to start this kid.  He's going to be freaking awesome.

Yes, no team has ever moved on from a productive veteran in favor of the draw of greener pastures of a "promising" rookie. 

Mahomes first start didn't inspire a ton of confidence.  

8 hours ago, Pat Mahomo said:

I think it is a bit early to determine if he is going to be freaking awesome.  A lot of people thought DeShone Kizer would be freeking awesome.  Let's wait a few years.  And even if he looks awesome to begin with.....I have three words of caution:   R, G. and III. (also apply this to DeShaun Watson).

13 hours ago, Pat Mahomo said:

Every Tom, Ghoolie and Harry looks like a star in practice. When it gets real they $hit the bed. Mahomes will be no different.

Reid drafting anybody means little. The great Eagles teams were built by GM Howie Roseman and not Andy Reid. Andy got his a$$ run out of town after the Eagles grew tired of his excuses. " I need to do a better job" - Andy Reid. The Eagles won the Lombardi because Andy was not around to screw it up.

16 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

No, because the Browns hit a QB rich draft and were sitting in the cat bird seat.

The other years they still had to choose a QB too. Its like drinking Jameson or Zaya rum. You want Jameson because its the best, but if it aint around youll settle for Zaya and hold your nose.

Zaya? Don't get me started.😁

2 hours ago, boo fagley said:

Its like drinking Jameson or Zaya rum. You want Jameson because its the best, but if it aint around youll settle for Zaya and hold your nose.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, boo fagley said:

No, because the Browns hit a QB rich draft and were sitting in the cat bird seat.

The other years they still had to choose a QB too. Its like drinking Jameson or Zaya rum. You want Jameson because its the best, but if it aint around youll settle for Zaya and hold your nose.

I'll start for Ag.   It's the difference between drinking Diplomatio Reserva and Kessler Burbon, Burbon Superme, or Kamchatka vodka- you know the sort of stuff you can buy a 1.75 liter for $12 bucks.  :)   We drank plenty of Kessler trying to believe we were getting Remy Louis XIII.  (for those of you who aren't into cognac,  Remy is 100 year old that costs around $2,400 a bottle. I saw it at one bar where I could have had a 1\2 ounce pour for $70, and considering, that's not getting ripped off. ) 

1 hour ago, boo fagley said:

What a bottle of swill, Huh?

Ghoolie cant afford the top shelf stuff.

Well, he can. but he doesn't know the great stuff from crap. 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, hoorta said:

After reading your post on booze, Id say you know of what you speak. Never tried Remy, but it sounds good.

Jameson is not the best, but its good value. Just like Jose Quervo 1800 tequila. Cant beat the price and quality.

7 hours ago, hoorta said:

Actually he told me he will try the Diplomatico some day. I would suggest when the Zumba Dancer & Ogbah combine for their 20th sack of the season would be a good time.🤩

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, boo fagley said:

After reading your post on booze, Id say you know of what you speak. Never tried Remy, but it sounds good.

Jameson is not the best, but its good value. Just like Jose Quervo 1800 tequila. Cant beat the price and quality.

I tried Jose Cuervo once. Best tequila I ever had.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

NO

I thought I'd was NE OHIO, hmmmm, not Toledo, Arron/Canton area?