THE BROWNS BOARD

Mayfield or Mahomes

Dawgs89

Would be a good question for the guy that drafted them.

I was hoping that we would've found a way to draft Mahomes.  But, of course, we had Sashi.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Orion said:

Would be a good question for the guy that drafted them.

I was hoping that we would've found a way to draft Mahomes.  But, of course, we had Sashi.

Sashi gets too much heat. He was the wrong guy to be fired.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Dawgs89 said:

In THIS country, you're entitled to your wrong opinion.  :)

• Haha 2

ala' kazaam Baker Mayfield... All Alex Smith left MaHomo is a bitchin schedule in KC this season.After Dorsey was told to leave, decisions to trade for Erving, Trade Peters & draft 4 DT's in this draft have been made..Andy Reid is a good coach,but he needs to stay out of the GM business too..  

• Haha 1

Mahomo is Desone Kizer on a good team with a year to prepare ... we'll see.

Mayfield and and Deshaun Watson are the two guys that have come out recently where you feel they can step right into an NFL huddle and command the field, they both have A+ in leadership skills. Watson has shown he can ball too, I expect similar from Mayfield when he gets in there with Gordo and Landry ... still can't believe we have weapons now, it is like Christmas every morning I wake up.

Zombo

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

True, the 15 game Kizer Experiment with no receiving core and only two years of ND experience  was doomed to fail.

Mayfield or Mahomes? Need a few years to determine that properly.

History says that no  Big 12 QB will be much good as an NFL QB.   Since that league was formed from the Big 8/Southwest Conf. schools in like 1994, the best QB to come out of there has been Andy Dalton.

But....I think that trend has to change, and these two are the best candidates to make that change.  I just hope the right one is on our side.

17 hours ago, Dawgs89 said:

DING DING DING DING............................ 

ZOMBLOW PLEASE KICK DAWGS89 OFF THIS BOARD. THE LAST THING YOU NEED IS ANOTHER GUY WHO, LIKE ME, ACTUALLY KNOWS SOMETHING.

ZOMBLOW, I PROMISE YOU, YOU DUMB BASTARD, HAVING THIS DAWGS89 GUY HERE IS GOING TO MAKE POSTERS HERE LOOK EVEN DUMBER.

5 hours ago, The Gipper said:

History says that no  Big 12 QB will be much good as an NFL QB.   Since that league was formed from the Big 8/Southwest Conf. schools in like 1994, the best QB to come out of there has been Andy Dalton.

But....I think that trend has to change, and these two are the best candidates to make that change.  I just hope the right one is on our side.

WTF DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH ANYTHING? School history? Like what? When a guy registers to go to a school his skills are automatically limited? Dude, how many times did your mother drop you on your head?

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Dawgs89 said:

Simple question: Who do you think will be the better NFL QB?

Fukck Mahomos. WTF kind of a name is that? Seriously? I CAN HEAR THE FANS NOW........................... 

"YOU MAH HOMO"

• Haha 1

On 6/28/2018 at 10:41 PM, Dawgs89 said:

Sashi was the right guy for the purpose he served. That was shrewdly stripping to barebones and acquiring massive draft capital. It was the right move to fire him and bring in the guy who could use that capital wisely. 

14 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Fukck Mahomos. WTF kind of a name is that? Seriously? I CAN HEAR THE FANS NOW........................... 

"YOU MAH HOMO"

Are you looking forward for 5th grade this upcoming school year? 

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

Are you looking forward for 5th grade this upcoming school year? 

Can't you just see it?  Some kid named Flugel takes Ghoolie's lunch money and makes him watch the kid enjoying the lunch on his coin.    Before anyone could even begin to feel sorry for the torn spirited Ghoolie - the young, potty-mouthed Shakespeare in training finds a Cleveland Browns message board while he's watching an episode of Jerry Springer's #1 rated show capitalizing on passive aggressive behavior.  Suddenly, the "NOBODY'S KICKING SAND IN MY FACE IN CYBER SPACE" is born.  Just add alcohol and here we are today...

Sometimes I don't have the heart to tell him he's planting a steel toe right between his own lookers when he's assaulting the opinion he had just a week ago thinking it came from Hoorta or hoping it came from Zombo. 

Edited by Flugel
  • Haha 3

.......Before anyone could even begin to feel sorry for the torn spirited Ghoolie - the young, potty-mouthed Shakespeare in training finds a Cleveland Browns message board while he's watching an episode of Jerry Springer's #1 rated show capitalizing on passive aggressive behavior.......   🍼

:lol: Oh yeah a little Willie Shakespeare wannabe with a BIG font key. A legend in his own mind, oh brother......  

On 6/28/2018 at 10:41 PM, Dawgs89 said:

Sashi’s Job was to get fired. Taking the heat was literally why he was hired in the first place.  The Browns couldn’t have done the tanking required for Depodesta’s plan without a scape goat, and they couldn’t have hired an established football guy who would’ve carried out the tank. 

19 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

WTF DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH ANYTHING? School history? Like what? When a guy registers to go to a school his skills are automatically limited? Dude, how many times did your mother drop you on your head?

Not nearly as many times as you have been dropped on yours.

All I am doing is giving you the facts.  How you interpret them is up to you.  The history may in fact have nothing to do with what can happen in the future......but there is in fact a trend there

The why and the how, I don't know.....but the fact is, there has NOT been a really good QB come out of the Big 12 in its history.  Andy Dalton is it.

So...why don't you try to explain it.  Or, better yet, why don't you listen while better informed, more insightful members of this forum try to do so.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Flugel said:

Can't you just see it?  Some kid named Flugel takes Ghoolie's lunch money and makes him watch the kid enjoying the lunch on his coin.    Before anyone could even begin to feel sorry for the torn spirited Ghoolie - the young, potty-mouthed Shakespeare in training finds a Cleveland Browns message board while he's watching an episode of Jerry Springer's #1 rated show capitalizing on passive aggressive behavior.  Suddenly, the "NOBODY'S KICKING SAND IN MY FACE IN CYBER SPACE" is born.  Just add alcohol and here we are today...

Sometimes I don't have the heart to tell him he's planting a steel toe right between his own lookers when he's assaulting the opinion he had just a week ago thinking it came from Hoorta or hoping it came from Zombo. 

The dude is a joke.

He knows exactly how the Browns will Shmuck up the draft, when none of it comes true he loves the draft and loves the direction this team is going, but when that gets old and he doesn't get enough attention from people stupid enough to believe he thinks this he goes all "this team Shmucked up the draft and they are destined for more misery"... 

Laughable. 

• Upvote 1

Mahomes is going to be very good.  You'll wish you'd taken him when you had the chance(s).  ....that said, I happen to think Baker Mayfield was the correct choice for you in the draft this past year and that he will be a key to getting the Browns back to being a good NFL team again in the next few years.  Keep Dorsey away from your cap...he isn't good at math...but he's a good scout type GM...thinks should start to get better soon.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Pat Mahomo said:

Mahomes is going to be very good.  You'll wish you'd taken him when you had the chance(s).  ....that said, I happen to think Baker Mayfield was the correct choice for you in the draft this past year and that he will be a key to getting the Browns back to being a good NFL team again in the next few years.  Keep Dorsey away from your cap...he isn't good at math...but he's a good scout type GM...thinks should start to get better soon.

The only way the Browns would have had the chance to take him is if they took him #1 overall instead of Garrett.  The guy they passed on to take Garrett was Trubisky.   The other guy they passed on was Watson,  so Mahomo was never in the picture for the Browns.

• Like 1

On 6/29/2018 at 11:15 AM, The Gipper said:

Ok, 1994 elimiates Troy Aikman who started there before he transferred. Also, I'll posit Sam Bradford is a better qb than Dalton the rare times he's healthy.

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

Ok, 1994 elimiates Troy Aikman who started there before he transferred. Also, I'll posit Sam Bradford is a better qb than Dalton the rare times he's healthy.

Aikman graduated in 1989 from UCLA.....and, as I said above, it has just been since the Big 12 was formed in like 1994 that I was counting QBs.  Prior to that I suspect that the Big 8/Southwest Conference had some pretty good QB.

Though, in checking, between 1960 and its demise, the Big 8 had only a few decent QBs:   The best was probably John Hadl,  then there was Lynn Dickey and Steve Grogan, both from Kansas St.  Vince Ferragamo from Nebraska.  Kordell Stewart came from  Colorado. 

The Southwestern Conference was not that much better. Starting in 1950 you had Joe Ferguson from Arkansas,  Don Meredith from SMU, and Frank Ryan and Tommy Kramer from Rice.   Not a plethora of great QBs.

Before 1950/60 though I know that each conf. had some good QBs.  Sammy Baugh...TCU, Bobby Layne...Texas

The Big Ten by comparison since 1950 has had a few Hall of Famers:   Bob Griese and Len Dawson from Purdue.  But actually, except for those Purdue guys, no other HOF QBs  since 1950 have been inducte  Except, of course, they will have Drew Brees..Purdue and Tom Brady..Michigan upcoming.  And prior to 1950 they had Benny Friedman...Michigan, and Otto Graham...Northwestern.  It is also possible that in the forseeable future that Russell Wilson...Wisconsin....could be considered an HOF lock, if he continues on as is.

(and Larry....right now Dalton's stats plus his 4 playoff appearances put him objectively better than Bradford....but who knows, as you say about the injury situation.  But if you just wanted a guy to play now...given health all around, I would probably prefer Bradford as well)

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Aikman graduated in 1989 from UCLA.....and, as I said above, it has just been since the Big 12 was formed in like 1994 that I was counting QBs.  Prior to that I suspect that the Big 8/Southwest Conference had some pretty good QB.

Though, in checking, between 1960 and its demise, the Big 8 had only a few decent QBs:   The best was probably John Hadl,  then there was Lynn Dickey and Steve Grogan, both from Kansas St.  Vince Ferragamo from Nebraska.  Kordell Stewart came from  Colorado. 

The Southwestern Conference was not that much better. Starting in 1950 you had Joe Ferguson from Arkansas,  Don Meredith from SMU, and Frank Ryan and Tommy Kramer from Rice.   Not a plethora of great QBs.

Before 1950/60 though I know that each conf. had some good QBs.  Sammy Baugh...TCU, Bobby Layne...Texas

The Big Ten by comparison since 1950 has had a few Hall of Famers:   Bob Griese and Len Dawson from Purdue.  But actually, except for those Purdue guys, no other HOF QBs  since 1950 have been inducte  Except, of course, they will have Drew Brees..Purdue and Tom Brady..Michigan upcoming.  And prior to 1950 they had Benny Friedman...Michigan, and Otto Graham...Northwestern.  It is also possible that in the forseeable future that Russell Wilson...Wisconsin....could be considered an HOF lock, if he continues on as is.

(and Larry....right now Dalton's stats plus his 4 playoff appearances put him objectively better than Bradford....but who knows, as you say about the injury situation.  But if you just wanted a guy to play now...given health all around, I would probably prefer Bradford as well)

Thinking about the above Gip- it goes to show how uncommon it is to have great QBs come out of any conference. Looking at the top 10 from last year, the Big 10 is the leader in the clubhouse.  :) So I will posit the conference doesn't necessarily predict future success in the NFL for a quarterback. All about the player. 

Brady- Michigan

Rivers- NC State

Stafford- Georgia

Brees- Purdue

Roethlisberger- Miami Ohio

Ryan- Boston College

Cousins- MSU

Alex Smith- Utah

Wilson- NC State- Wisconsin

Goff- Cal  

Sure, Hoorta.     But just curious, those QBs were top ten in what?

And let me ask this question, if anyone knows:

How is it that BR, who grew up right in the middle of between like Michigan, Ohio State, MSU, Indiana and Purdue, was passed over and ended up going to Miami Oh.  Nothing against them.....a program of great historical note.....but not a major program.

11 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Sure, Hoorta.     But just curious, those QBs were top ten in what?

And let me ask this question, if anyone knows:

How is it that BR, who grew up right in the middle of between like Michigan, Ohio State, MSU, Indiana and Purdue, was passed over and ended up going to Miami Oh.  Nothing against them.....a program of great historical note.....but not a major program.

Passing yardage. Don't remember why Ben wound up at MU. 

7 hours ago, hoorta said:

Passing yardage. Don't remember why Ben wound up at MU. 

He only started at QB for his senior year of HS. He was a WR before that, head coach's son was the QB. 

18 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

He only started at QB for his senior year of HS. He was a WR before that, head coach's son was the QB. 

NOTICE The meeting of the Big Ben fan club has been moved to 3 pm today before the Indians game. Thank you. 

• Haha 1