THE BROWNS BOARD

Elf come back?

LBC mike

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/2/2018 at 8:24 PM, WarriorsRpussies said:

Hope he comes back. When I go out state and talk about football the Browns shitty logo always comes up. Our logo is a Shmuck3n helmet no design just a boring butt helmet. 

Well, look who's on the Season Ticket Id's & the pass they're handing out for freebies..  :)   

Season Ticket Member Benefit Card 2018

9 hours ago, LBC mike said:

I would like to see a mean looking elf

I don't know but that elf with the football might scare the crap outta' me.......if I were 3 years old.  :lol:

23 hours ago, hoorta said:

Well, look who's on the Season Ticket Id's & the pass they're handing out for freebies..  :)   

Season Ticket Member Benefit Card 2018

What pass for freebies..........................I got the Ticket Member card. Also the cool album cover with the elf on it too. 

12 hours ago, mjp28 said:

I don't know but that elf with the football might scare the crap outta' me.......if I were 3 years old.  :lol:

But why would a logo need to be scary?   I'm not too scared of a cardinal.  I like the name St. Louis Blues and their logo...

1 hour ago, Orion said:

But why would a logo need to be scary?   I'm not too scared of a cardinal.  I like the name St. Louis Blues and their logo...

Obviously it's intended to look scary. 

3 hours ago, jcam222 said:

What pass for freebies..........................I got the Ticket Member card. Also the cool album cover with the elf on it too. 

I'm not the STHOR. Season ticket holder of record. As I understand it, one card gets you % discount at the stadium team shop. The other card is preloaded with $$ (don't ask me how much) that you can use to buy hot dogs and such at games.  If you didn't get one, talk to your customers relations guy. 

On 6/28/2018 at 5:49 PM, Dutch Oven said:

What's everyone's thoughts on the Dawg Pound and dawg-related logos for the Browns?

Ingrained now into Browns lore or something that is dated and needs to be moved on from? 

Hate the Dawg shid. Has nothing to do with the Browns.

On 6/28/2018 at 6:49 PM, Dutch Oven said:

What's everyone's thoughts on the Dawg Pound and dawg-related logos for the Browns?

Ingrained now into Browns lore or something that is dated and needs to be moved on from? 

I guess part of it is when you became a BROWNS fan or maybe if you're like me and some of the original players you never liked the elf, brownie, whatever it is.

The BROWNS never really had a true logo and latched on to the dawgs, dogs, whatever with the exciting successful teams in the 1980s.

So what is the answer? Depends on who you ask. ;)

14 hours ago, LBC mike said:

It's the other teams and fans look at it as a cartoon elf.  

And the Patriots have a cartoon guy for a logo, the Minuteman.   The logo...and how scary it is don't matter.  It is how the team performs that matters.

27 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

And the Patriots have a cartoon guy for a logo, the Minuteman.   The logo...and how scary it is don't matter.  It is how the team performs that matters.

Yeah, besides the previously mentioned non-scary Cardinal, we have-  a Raven (garbage bird), Packers (do they even have a mascot? Meat packer guy. Texans ? I guess there were a lot of cows in Texas at one time.  Chargers? Whats a charger? Something you plug into a wall to juice up your cellphone?  Saints? - totally non-scary. And lastly the Jets. Just don't be on the runway when one takes off or lands....   

9 hours ago, The Gipper said:

The old-school Pat the Patriot logo was awesome. 

8 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

The old-school Pat the Patriot logo was awesome. 

Did they have that logo when Babe Parilli played QB for them in the '60s?

Mike

I'll admit I'm a sports uniform nerd, but it always bothered me that the "Patriots" wore red jerseys. 

The American "Patriots" fought the English redcoats. Why they chose red for their jerseys instead of navy blue is beyond me. 

6 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I'll admit I'm a sports uniform nerd, but it always bothered me that the "Patriots" wore red jerseys. 

The American "Patriots" fought the English redcoats. Why they chose red for their jerseys instead of navy blue is beyond me. 

Well they do now I guess

11 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Yes sir. 

patriots.png

The old Boston Patriots, I was surprised when they changed to the New England Metro Patriots. 

A kid in my neighborhood was an early AFL fan we loyal BROWNIES thought he was nuts......he turned out to be ahead of all of us. A pirates fan too, I got to see the great Roberto Clemente because of him.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/21/2018 at 3:08 AM, Ghoolie said:

Hate the Dawg shid. Has nothing to do with the Browns.

Believe it or not, I feel the same way.    Knowing that started with 2 Corners that could cover WRs at a Pro Bowl level in spite of an inconsistent pass rush - it didn't feel suitable at all with the secondary that contested nobody during 1-31 football.

They need to earn an identity, which has prolly already been said more than once....

3 hours ago, Flugel said:

Believe it or not, I feel the same way.    Knowing that started with 2 Corners that could cover WRs at a Pro Bowl level in spite of an inconsistent pass rush - it didn't feel suitable at all with the secondary that contested nobody during 1-31 football.

They need to earn an identity, which has prolly already been said more than once....

I came up with the name called the goons but that didn’t really go overI came up with the name called the goons but that didn’t really go over

On 6/29/2018 at 8:45 AM, Zombo said:

image.png

So the "angry Elf" is back! Sweet....

As for the "Dawg Pound"... that was a Muni Bleachers thing. It never really translated well to "Browns' Stadium"... but then neither did the team.

It's up to the team to breath life back into the Pound.

On ‎7‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 1:13 PM, The Gipper said:

Look up the definition of cartoon.

That's not a cartoon logo.  The Pats logo isn't meant to instill fear, but rather designed to command respect.

Your elf would do neither.

But hey why not.  The other Cleveland teams logo, Chief Wahoo, does neither as well.

2 hours ago, StinkHole said:

Look up the definition of cartoon.

That's not a cartoon logo.  The Pats logo isn't meant to instill fear, but rather designed to command respect.

Your elf would do neither.

But hey why not.  The other Cleveland teams logo, Chief Wahoo, does neither as well.

Speaking of pansy logos, how about that badass penguin on skates? 

Now THAT makes a grown man tremble with fear and respect. 🤣

Archived