Jump to content
LBC mike

Elf come back?

Recommended Posts

The elf is an awesome logo, glad it is coming coming back. They got rid of the gay one on the field, glad about that too.

Zombo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Absolutely awful for a professional tackle football team.

.......besides I thought the Girl Scouts had that locked up.  :lol:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like it.  IMO, it's always been associated with us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I grew up with the Elf, was 4 years old when updated to this... image.jpeg.e63aca32124b5ad464dc88eb1324a03d.jpegin 1950, but I prefer THIS Elf...image.jpeg.a478d6e24ea70af6683748f28335f0e7.jpeg

 

which is what they have used for TC & hope they stick with. I have a feeling (hopefully a correct feeling) that they are bringing back the looks of when we were a WINNER! Let's bring back the winning LOOK, winning LOGO, & winning TRADITION!! the time is NOW!!

Mike

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's everyone's thoughts on the Dawg Pound and dawg-related logos for the Browns?

Ingrained now into Browns lore or something that is dated and needs to be moved on from? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

What's everyone's thoughts on the Dawg Pound and dawg-related logos for the Browns?

Ingrained now into Browns lore or something that is dated and needs to be moved on from? 

The east end zone should forever be "The Dawg Pound" in my opinion. Sitting there, or having sat there is an honor for the most rabid Fans. The last time I sat in the Pound was with my then 5 year old Grandson, Michael. We beat Cinci that day. He goes to at least 1 game a year with me, but nothing beats the fun he had with the Dawg Pound crowd.

Dawg related logos? They're ok but I don't care for this...  image.png.f3ee17e4409baa0a579bc40caf169a4c.png.  I would rather see a growling mastiff face wearing a Browns' helmet.

Just my thoughts.

Mike

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The dawg thing was Dixon & Minnifield.      The elf is the Browns.

I love dogs....though dogs are not Browns.   But that's just me.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Comeonman said:

Art Modell hated the elf. Go figure. 

F Art, Elf told Art he would be back!

      but for the love of all that is browns, no more of these!

  sorry mjp28,butt no wonder we have no cheerleaders.

  The power of the Elf shall rise this sunken treasure..(bottles of Captain Morgan as back up, just in case)   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Orion said:

The dawg thing was Dixon & Minnifield.      The elf is the Browns.

I love dogs....though dogs are not Browns.   But that's just me.

I agree. The Dawgs were created by Dixon & Minnifield as a nickname for the D, much like the old Orange Crush in Denver, Doomsday D in Dallas, Fearsome Foursome in LA, etc. The difference is that the Dawg Pound is a location that has been there since the mid 1980s. Younger Fans (35 & under) have basically grown up with that & the Dawg Pound is one of THEIR traditions. The Elf is traditional for us old folks. I see nothing wrong with keeping both although the Elf is the MAIN ONE!

Mike

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

What's everyone's thoughts on the Dawg Pound and dawg-related logos for the Browns?

Ingrained now into Browns lore or something that is dated and needs to be moved on from? 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dawg_Pound  Good Times! but Times they are a changing.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Canton Mike said:

 The last time I sat in the Pound was with my then 5 year old Grandson, Michael. We beat Cinci that day. He goes to at least 1 game a year with me, but nothing beats the fun he had with the Dawg Pound crowd.

Was this the season we beat Buffalo next on TNF? If so, sister & I was right above you.On a gorgeous football weather day. Went back thursday to sit with season ticket holders in Dawgpound with Bills. Thought Weeden's bomb to Gordon was targeted for me when in the air..Great week trip, left town in 1st place. Let's do it again..   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm fine with keeping the dog pound. I always thought that little guy with the pointed ears was a Brownie, another mythological Woodland Sprite, rather than an elf. Not particularly choked up by the modernized dog face but dogs also Harkens back to the seminal, or at least one of them, football team the Canton Bulldogs.

And I Brownie. Just don't put it on the fukkin helmet.

WSS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

Was this the season we beat Buffalo next on TNF? If so, sister & I was right above you.On a gorgeous football weather day. Went back thursday to sit with season ticket holders in Dawgpound with Bills. Thought Weeden's bomb to Gordon was targeted for me when in the air..Great week trip, left town in 1st place. Let's do it again..   

In looking back, Michael was only 4, year was 2010 & we were sitting in row 9 of the Dawg Pound. all he wanted to eat was an order of nachos, took a "mini tour" at halftime. when it started raining, he zipped his jacket, put his hood up & kept watching the game, Browns beat Bengals. He has been a rabid Browns' Fan ever since.

Mike

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

I'm fine with keeping the dog pound. I always thought that little guy with the pointed ears was a Brownie, another mythological Woodland Sprite, rather than an elf. Not particularly choked up by the modernized dog face but dogs also Harkens back to the seminal, or at least one of them, football team the Canton Bulldogs.

And I Brownie. Just don't put it on the fukkin helmet.

WSS

Yep. No logo on the helmet.

Mike

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Was this the season we beat Buffalo next on TNF? If so, sister & I was right above you.On a gorgeous football weather day. Went back thursday to sit with season ticket holders in Dawgpound with Bills. Thought Weeden's bomb to Gordon was targeted for me when in the air..Great week trip, left town in 1st place. Let's do it again..   

I was at both those games too, with a bunch of guys I met on here.

That was my favorite moment since 2007, winning those two games at home, and I was there for both. I think we beat the Vikings(?) previously on the road and we were actually on a 3 game winning streak and then Hoyer went down in the Bungle game and Weeds took over and the rest was history. But that was a fun week to be a Browns fan.

The little wr we had that went to SD scored a punt return against the Bills that changed that game. Can't remember his name right now ... early onset?

Zombo

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most ridiculous football logos of all time...... :lol:

ohio-cleveland-browns-brochure.jpg

51V1OEZZgEL.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mjp28 said:

Most ridiculous football logos of all time...... :lol:

ohio-cleveland-browns-brochure.jpg

51V1OEZZgEL.jpg

I actually love the top one.

The Star Trek one is gay.

Zombo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Zombo said:

I actually love the top one.

The Star Trek one is gay.

Zombo

Star Wars. But both kind of resemble each other. 

Didn't the old time players flat refuse to wear the fairy brownie logo on their uniforms once?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Star Wars. But both kind of resemble each other. 

Didn't the old time players flat refuse to wear the fairy brownie logo on their uniforms once?

I do the Star Wars / Star Trek thing on purpose to troll the nerds.

Never heard that story about the elf. I wouldn't put him on the uniform, but on stuff like this, hell ya!

image.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The elf is classic and awesome maybe a little elf logo on the sleeve or where they put patches?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Zombo said:

I do the Star Wars / Star Trek thing on purpose to troll the nerds.

Never heard that story about the elf. I wouldn't put him on the uniform, but on stuff like this, hell ya!

 

I do remember the story about the players refusing to wear the brownie on their uniforms on the field.....don't blame them, if I were in pee-wee football I'd be embarrassed to wear it. Even our 5th grade uniforms were regular football helmets and pads for flag football, Penn State style helmets red with a white stripe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

I do remember the story about the players refusing to wear the brownie on their uniforms on the field.....don't blame them, if I were in pee-wee football I'd be embarrassed to wear it. Even our 5th grade uniforms were regular football helmets and pads for flag football, Penn State style helmets red with a white stripe.

My three favorite football teams have the three greatest helmets in sports:

Browns, Nittany Lions, Fighting Irish.

We don't need no stinkin' logos.

Love Ohio State's too ... before they start putting the marijuana stickers on it during the season.

Zombo

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Canton Mike said:

I grew up with the Elf, was 4 years old when updated to this... image.jpeg.e63aca32124b5ad464dc88eb1324a03d.jpegin 1950, but I prefer THIS Elf...image.jpeg.a478d6e24ea70af6683748f28335f0e7.jpeg

 

which is what they have used for TC & hope they stick with. I have a feeling (hopefully a correct feeling) that they are bringing back the looks of when we were a WINNER! Let's bring back the winning LOOK, winning LOGO, & winning TRADITION!! the time is NOW!!

Mike

And God, please, bring back the old uniforms....or at least some semblence of them instead of the ones we have now that are ripe with suckitude.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, The Gipper said:

And God, please, bring back the old uniforms....or at least some semblence of them instead of the ones we have now that are ripe with suckitude.

We can only dream Gip, but I wish they would bring back the old uni's.

Mike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Zombo said:

I was at both those games too, with a bunch of guys I met on here.

That was my favorite moment since 2007, winning those two games at home, and I was there for both. I think we beat the Vikings(?) previously on the road and we were actually on a 3 game winning streak and then Hoyer went down in the Bungle game and Weeds took over and the rest was history. But that was a fun week to be a Browns fan.

The little wr we had that went to SD scored a punt return against the Bills that changed that game. Can't remember his name right now ... early onset?

Zombo

Oh-oh Z...

1) Hoyer didn't go down in the Bengals' game..it was against the Bills.

2) The little WR is Travis Benjamin.

You're slippin' but not yet TOTALLY gone!  😉

PS...Wanna buy my Danny Shelton Lava-lava?  :rolleyes: 

Mike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Canton Mike said:

We can only dream Gip, but I wish they would bring back the old uni's.

Mike

I wonder if the Browns using the old elf on their training camp stuff is a sign that in two years they go back to their traditional unis… 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×