THE BROWNS BOARD

Elf come back?

LBC mike

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely awful for a professional tackle football team.

.......besides I thought the Girl Scouts had that locked up.  :lol:

I grew up with the Elf, was 4 years old when updated to this... image.jpeg.e63aca32124b5ad464dc88eb1324a03d.jpegin 1950, but I prefer THIS Elf...image.jpeg.a478d6e24ea70af6683748f28335f0e7.jpeg

which is what they have used for TC & hope they stick with. I have a feeling (hopefully a correct feeling) that they are bringing back the looks of when we were a WINNER! Let's bring back the winning LOOK, winning LOGO, & winning TRADITION!! the time is NOW!!

Mike

33 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

What's everyone's thoughts on the Dawg Pound and dawg-related logos for the Browns?

Ingrained now into Browns lore or something that is dated and needs to be moved on from? 

The east end zone should forever be "The Dawg Pound" in my opinion. Sitting there, or having sat there is an honor for the most rabid Fans. The last time I sat in the Pound was with my then 5 year old Grandson, Michael. We beat Cinci that day. He goes to at least 1 game a year with me, but nothing beats the fun he had with the Dawg Pound crowd.

Dawg related logos? They're ok but I don't care for this...  image.png.f3ee17e4409baa0a579bc40caf169a4c.png.  I would rather see a growling mastiff face wearing a Browns' helmet.

Just my thoughts.

Mike

3 hours ago, Comeonman said:

Art Modell hated the elf. Go figure. 

F Art, Elf told Art he would be back!

but for the love of all that is browns, no more of these!

sorry mjp28,butt no wonder we have no cheerleaders.

The power of the Elf shall rise this sunken treasure..(bottles of Captain Morgan as back up, just in case)   

11 hours ago, Orion said:

The dawg thing was Dixon & Minnifield.      The elf is the Browns.

I love dogs....though dogs are not Browns.   But that's just me.

I agree. The Dawgs were created by Dixon & Minnifield as a nickname for the D, much like the old Orange Crush in Denver, Doomsday D in Dallas, Fearsome Foursome in LA, etc. The difference is that the Dawg Pound is a location that has been there since the mid 1980s. Younger Fans (35 & under) have basically grown up with that & the Dawg Pound is one of THEIR traditions. The Elf is traditional for us old folks. I see nothing wrong with keeping both although the Elf is the MAIN ONE!

Mike

2 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

What's everyone's thoughts on the Dawg Pound and dawg-related logos for the Browns?

Ingrained now into Browns lore or something that is dated and needs to be moved on from? 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dawg_Pound  Good Times! but Times they are a changing.. 

11 hours ago, Canton Mike said:

The last time I sat in the Pound was with my then 5 year old Grandson, Michael. We beat Cinci that day. He goes to at least 1 game a year with me, but nothing beats the fun he had with the Dawg Pound crowd.

Was this the season we beat Buffalo next on TNF? If so, sister & I was right above you.On a gorgeous football weather day. Went back thursday to sit with season ticket holders in Dawgpound with Bills. Thought Weeden's bomb to Gordon was targeted for me when in the air..Great week trip, left town in 1st place. Let's do it again..   

I'm fine with keeping the dog pound. I always thought that little guy with the pointed ears was a Brownie, another mythological Woodland Sprite, rather than an elf. Not particularly choked up by the modernized dog face but dogs also Harkens back to the seminal, or at least one of them, football team the Canton Bulldogs.

And I Brownie. Just don't put it on the fukkin helmet.

WSS

34 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

Was this the season we beat Buffalo next on TNF? If so, sister & I was right above you.On a gorgeous football weather day. Went back thursday to sit with season ticket holders in Dawgpound with Bills. Thought Weeden's bomb to Gordon was targeted for me when in the air..Great week trip, left town in 1st place. Let's do it again..   

In looking back, Michael was only 4, year was 2010 & we were sitting in row 9 of the Dawg Pound. all he wanted to eat was an order of nachos, took a "mini tour" at halftime. when it started raining, he zipped his jacket, put his hood up & kept watching the game, Browns beat Bengals. He has been a rabid Browns' Fan ever since.

Mike

21 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

I'm fine with keeping the dog pound. I always thought that little guy with the pointed ears was a Brownie, another mythological Woodland Sprite, rather than an elf. Not particularly choked up by the modernized dog face but dogs also Harkens back to the seminal, or at least one of them, football team the Canton Bulldogs.

And I Brownie. Just don't put it on the fukkin helmet.

WSS

Yep. No logo on the helmet.

Mike

2 hours ago, gumby73 said:

I was at both those games too, with a bunch of guys I met on here.

That was my favorite moment since 2007, winning those two games at home, and I was there for both. I think we beat the Vikings(?) previously on the road and we were actually on a 3 game winning streak and then Hoyer went down in the Bungle game and Weeds took over and the rest was history. But that was a fun week to be a Browns fan.

The little wr we had that went to SD scored a punt return against the Bills that changed that game. Can't remember his name right now ... early onset?

Zombo

12 minutes ago, Zombo said:

I actually love the top one.

The Star Trek one is gay.

Zombo

Star Wars. But both kind of resemble each other. 

Didn't the old time players flat refuse to wear the fairy brownie logo on their uniforms once?

5 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Star Wars. But both kind of resemble each other. 

Didn't the old time players flat refuse to wear the fairy brownie logo on their uniforms once?

I do the Star Wars / Star Trek thing on purpose to troll the nerds.

Never heard that story about the elf. I wouldn't put him on the uniform, but on stuff like this, hell ya!

image.png

29 minutes ago, Zombo said:

I do the Star Wars / Star Trek thing on purpose to troll the nerds.

Never heard that story about the elf. I wouldn't put him on the uniform, but on stuff like this, hell ya!

I do remember the story about the players refusing to wear the brownie on their uniforms on the field.....don't blame them, if I were in pee-wee football I'd be embarrassed to wear it. Even our 5th grade uniforms were regular football helmets and pads for flag football, Penn State style helmets red with a white stripe.

6 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

I do remember the story about the players refusing to wear the brownie on their uniforms on the field.....don't blame them, if I were in pee-wee football I'd be embarrassed to wear it. Even our 5th grade uniforms were regular football helmets and pads for flag football, Penn State style helmets red with a white stripe.

My three favorite football teams have the three greatest helmets in sports:

Browns, Nittany Lions, Fighting Irish.

We don't need no stinkin' logos.

Love Ohio State's too ... before they start putting the marijuana stickers on it during the season.

Zombo

16 hours ago, Canton Mike said:

I grew up with the Elf, was 4 years old when updated to this... image.jpeg.e63aca32124b5ad464dc88eb1324a03d.jpegin 1950, but I prefer THIS Elf...image.jpeg.a478d6e24ea70af6683748f28335f0e7.jpeg

which is what they have used for TC & hope they stick with. I have a feeling (hopefully a correct feeling) that they are bringing back the looks of when we were a WINNER! Let's bring back the winning LOOK, winning LOGO, & winning TRADITION!! the time is NOW!!

Mike

And God, please, bring back the old uniforms....or at least some semblence of them instead of the ones we have now that are ripe with suckitude.

6 hours ago, The Gipper said:

And God, please, bring back the old uniforms....or at least some semblence of them instead of the ones we have now that are ripe with suckitude.

We can only dream Gip, but I wish they would bring back the old uni's.

Mike

8 hours ago, Zombo said:

I was at both those games too, with a bunch of guys I met on here.

That was my favorite moment since 2007, winning those two games at home, and I was there for both. I think we beat the Vikings(?) previously on the road and we were actually on a 3 game winning streak and then Hoyer went down in the Bungle game and Weeds took over and the rest was history. But that was a fun week to be a Browns fan.

The little wr we had that went to SD scored a punt return against the Bills that changed that game. Can't remember his name right now ... early onset?

Zombo

Oh-oh Z...

1) Hoyer didn't go down in the Bengals' game..it was against the Bills.

2) The little WR is Travis Benjamin.

You're slippin' but not yet TOTALLY gone!  😉

PS...Wanna buy my Danny Shelton Lava-lava?  :rolleyes: 

Mike

2 hours ago, Canton Mike said:

We can only dream Gip, but I wish they would bring back the old uni's.

Mike

I wonder if the Browns using the old elf on their training camp stuff is a sign that in two years they go back to their traditional unis… 

Archived