THE BROWNS BOARD

nfl top 100 list

Tacosman

a few thoughts...

Aaron Rodgers at 10 feels low.  There is no qb I would rather have to start a game assuming healthy.  Likewise Brady at 1 feels high.  Would anyone really take brady at 41 or whatever right now over Rodgers?

Likewise Wentz at 3 seems high.  Is carson wentz really the 3rd best player in the entire nfl right now?  He's a stud no doubt and I wouldn't have a problem with him in the top 15 or so overall and top 5-6 qb, but #3 overall?

Gronk at 15 seems a little low...are there really 14 better players in the nfl?

And of course, as expected, there was a...ummm...paucity of browns players.

Quality quarterback shortage in the NFL? 

.......sure nice for the new or so-so ones looking for a job now chucking the ball including one in Cleveland, Ohio.  ;)

39 minutes ago, Zombo said:

Jarvis Landry #52 and Carlos Hyde #97 ... pretty impressive that we added two via free agency. Usually it was just ol' Joe.

Zombo

not sold on either of those as top 100 players in the nfl.....we'll see if Landry can become a much more explosive player than the one who made a living catching 4 yard bubble screens that the defense would happily give him in Miami though. 

47 minutes ago, Tacosman said:

not sold on either of those as top 100 players in the nfl.....we'll see if Landry can become a much more explosive player than the one who made a living catching 4 yard bubble screens that the defense would happily give him in Miami though. 

Never seen him play, eh?

Zombo

2 hours ago, Tacosman said:

You are either a goddam dumb liar or just goddam dumb.   Landry averaged a first down every time he touched the ball from the slot position.  That is is job, to be the guy that catches the short passes and who moves the chains.  He was not and was never brought in here to be the downfield breakaway receiver.  That is what we have  Gordon, Coleman, and now Calloway here for now.   The Browns FO knows this, their coaches know it, the QBs know it, the rest of the team knows it, all the other teams know it, I know it, everyone else on this board knows it.  The only one that does not have a fuycking clue is you.

But now, maybe you do have a clue since I just educated you on his role.   Let it sink in before you cause yourself to look any more foolish than you already have.

43 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

You are either a goddam dumb liar or just goddam dumb.   Landry averaged a first down every time he touched the ball from the slot position.  That is is job, to be the guy that catches the short passes and who moves the chains.  He was not and was never brought in here to be the downfield breakaway receiver.  That is what we have  Gordon, Coleman, and now Calloway here for now.   The Browns FO knows this, their coaches know it, the QBs know it, the rest of the team knows it, all the other teams know it, I know it, everyone else on this board knows it.  The only one that does not have a fuycking clue is you.

But now, maybe you do have a clue since I just educated you on his role.   Let it sink in before you cause yourself to look any more foolish than you already have.

Yup, he's so average he only has 10.1 ypc career, a 70% catch rate (compared to hands of stone Coleman who's around 42%) , and has made the pro bowl the last three years.  Longest receptions in the last three years of 50, 71, and 49 yards respectively. Can turn those dink passes into long gains. Played in every game in his career, as opposed to Mr. Brittlehands Corey.  https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/L/LandJa00.htm

10 hours ago, hoorta said:

Yup, he's so average he only has 10.1 ypc career, a 70% catch rate (compared to hands of stone Coleman who's around 42%) , and has made the pro bowl the last three years.  Longest receptions in the last three years of 50, 71, and 49 yards respectively. Can turn those dink passes into long gains. Played in every game in his career, as opposed to Mr. Brittlehands Corey.  https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/L/LandJa00.htm

That is how a team game works. When all of the pieces are nearly or completely in place everything just works better.......something blatantly missing in 2016, 2017 and even years before that.

PLUS I think the BROWNS still need another year beyond 2018 to see if they can be serious contenders. 

Zeke Elliot to the middle of the pack at #54?..In 10 games Zeke still runs for 983 yards on 242 carries..98.3/game. In Zeke's rookie season=322 carries 1631 yards 108.7 YPG.. Barkley pick #2. Zeke pick #4. Cowgals/little Giants could get fun to watch again..  

On 6/26/2018 at 1:54 PM, Zombo said:

Never seen him play, eh?

Zombo

Here's the opinions of guys that know a lot more about NFL passing games than Taco. There's quite a bit of combined experience talking about where they feel the tandem of Gordon and Landry will rank among the elite.   If we compare this to what we had heading into the first 12 weeks of last season - hard to see the doom and gloom Taco wants to see. 

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/0ap3000000938431/Ranking-the-top-5-wide-receiver-duos-in-the-NFL-heading-into-2018

On 6/30/2018 at 3:34 PM, Flugel said:

Here's the opinions of guys that know a lot more about NFL passing games than Taco. There's quite a bit of combined experience talking about where they feel the tandem of Gordon and Landry will rank among the elite.   If we compare this to what we had heading into the first 12 weeks of last season - hard to see the doom and gloom Taco wants to see. 

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/0ap3000000938431/Ranking-the-top-5-wide-receiver-duos-in-the-NFL-heading-into-2018

Yup, it's the Ghoolie thing we didn't get Barkley, and we don't have any playmakers. Gordon, Landry, Hyde, and Chub as a group are certainly better than one man show Saquon. I'll even throw in bad attitude OBJ. the Giants are hoping Eli has one more year of gas in the tank. I'm not betting on it. 

Archived