THE BROWNS BOARD

Shamus Winston

Zombo

4 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Former Bucs WR: 'There's something wrong mentally' with Jameis Winston

https://bucswire.usatoday.com/2018/06/26/tampa-bay-buccaneers-jameis-winston-bucs-nfl-tampa-bay-buccaneers-5/

Shared from my Google feed

Could be ... But does he even know him?

Zombo

3 hours ago, One Post said:

I seen this the other day. The NFL is looking at 3 games but nothing is written in stone yet. But I can tell you now if Winston gets 3 games I'm going to throw a fit because Rottenburger got zero.

Double standards are alive and well in the NFL...

43 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

This happened like 2 years ago, and there were no charges.  This is just now personal allegations.

not believing this BS.. 1) he admits he was drinking,swears he won't drink again.(yea,ok Gordon took cough meds) 2)he goes crotch gropping which is surely on uber's driver video in Goddell's hands investigating. 3)from date of grope, Jamis throws 2 youth camps with minors & throws other names into vehicle after he never admits till now to doing anything..  only gets 3 games? put we in the car? we'd get locked up 3 years   

33 minutes ago, Axe said:

No, the NFL is just saying Tom Brady is  bigger pooper than Winston ;)

Ah you've got to love the NFL, NBA, there's real life and then there's professional sports and their characters......reality TV at its finest.

12 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

With Jameis Winston suspension, NFL saying deflating footballs worse than sexual assault

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/columnist/nancy-armour/2018/06/28/nfl-goes-light-qb-jameis-winston-3-game-suspension/743341002/

Shared from my Google feed

Well, you had Zeke Elliot being accused of sexual groping as well, and he got 6 games.  So, yes, it seems there is some inconsistency involved here.

1 hour ago, jcam222 said:

NFL has now issued an official statement to Winston that further conduct issues could result in an NFL ban. He's due around $22M next year that is guaranteed for injury only . I see a bogus injury in his near future 

Bucs gotta be thinking of bailing .... you can go 5-11 with lots of quarterbacks.

Zombo

9 hours ago, Zombo said:

Bucs gotta be thinking of bailing .... you can go 5-11 with lots of quarterbacks.

Zombo

I'd trust a guy like Foles with 25M of my money..Foles could flip that to 11-5 by his FA season. Jameis replaces Andy Dalton..cause it just makes to much cents 🤫 (joe mixon,berprick,pac-less jones.ect..)

9 hours ago, Zombo said:

Zombo

Yes quarterbacks, coaches, FO staff and more, 5-11 mediocrity isn't that hard to consistently do.....11-5 is. 

On 6/27/2018 at 4:43 PM, One Post said:

I seen this the other day. The NFL is looking at 3 games but nothing is written in stone yet. But I can tell you now if Winston gets 3 games I'm going to throw a fit because Rottenburger got zero.

Thatta boy!   Ben Rapen actually did get suspended but it got reduced by 1 or 2 games for, get this - good behavior.  

How is this possible?  My theory is the 1 NFL Owner (Rooney) that campaigned heavily for the other 31 owners to embrace his good friend Roger Goodell as the right man for the NFL Commissioner position - would receive endless kickback favors in return for the enormous favor to Roger.  It looked like Roger never stopped feeling obligated to Rooney.  And then when Roger got the enormous TV Contract hiking up the shared revenues so high among owners - the only 2 owners that would ever challenge Goodell would be the ones that had Tom Brady and Zeke Elliott suspended by the man enjoying the chance to play God.  Just to remind both owners who was God in each scenario, he would also pull rank and keep both owners in the dark about timelines and deadlines he'd never dream of doing to the late Rooney.

For example, the suspension to the face of Rooney's franchise didn't take 2 years or more like that of Winston or Zeke Elliott's suspensions. It was immediate enough for Rooney to plan accordingly.   Another time LeVeon Bell was going to be suspended for his involvement with Blount's incident smoking blunts so Roger had his buddy's back announcing the backup RB would be suspended immediately while his elite RB wouldn't be suspended until the following season.  This enabled Rooney's GM to come up with an offseason plan to sign RB DeAngelo Williams to a FA contract; so the bottom line in Pittsburgh was never challenged the same way Roger would allow it to be in other places.  Now that Rooney has passed, I'm guessing some of that favoritism subsides...

Even though the Commish had to await the police investigation of the Uber incident to be completed - he could have told Tampa conduct-wise that Winston will be suspended either way for placing himself in the same situation he should have learned from in college before the 2018 draft full of first round QB prospects.  Then again, Tampa should have already been aware they took the WRONG QB instead of Mariota heading into this draft as well as the reality there were some veteran QBs they should have considered this off season. Pitt fans will argue their scum bag QB ended up with the same 3 game suspension Jameis got for finding his favorite Tight End in the front seat of an Uber ride.  Yeah, but it didn't get nearly the same protective loving spoon full Roger always gave his buddy Rooney...

On 6/28/2018 at 7:56 AM, Westside Steve said:

I hear you but they drop the charges against Roethlisberger. He said she said? 

WSS

I know Ben is from Ohio Steve; but 2 victims = where there's smoke - there's fire.  Then it becomes who has the power?   The wealthy dirt bag with the bad agenda plus his crooked cop buddy securing the bathroom door or the helpless victim?   If that wasn't enough working in Ben Rapen's favor - there was also the investment in him as the face of Rooney's franchise breeding the protection of Rooney behind the scenes in all the right places.  People and stories sure got quieted at warped speed.  Did the poor cleaning lady in Lake Tahoe ever really stand a chance up against Ben and Rooney?  That ain't he said - she said.  That's WHO has all the wealth and power says...

On 6/28/2018 at 5:50 PM, Axe said:

As a Bucs fan first, and Browns fan close second. I'm embarrassed yet again by this guy.. The fan base is starting to turn on this guy. It's always something with him..

Well said.  You should have heard the sports radio host here in the Tampa area who adored Winston but made it a point to warn everyone (pre-draft) they better see the behavioral red flags he sees in Baker Mayfield.  I was thinking "ain't that the pot calling the kettle..."  He sure had his Tallahassee blinders active all the way until Winston's next victim didn't have the local police of the incident threatening the victim to drop the accusations and lingering complaints. 

Today, Winston is just going to quit alcohol as the closest he's willing to get to being accountable for his actions.  More specifically, he hasn't learned a thing.  I'll bet there's a female somewhere in Tallahassee happy to see karma catching up with Winston.  This time, the victim isn't being threatened by local police she better shut up and drop the accusations. 

On 6/28/2018 at 5:50 PM, Axe said:

As a Bucs fan first, and Browns fan close second. I'm embarrassed yet again by this guy.. The fan base is starting to turn on this guy. It's always something with him..

I had a feeling from the outset Winston was gonna bust...All flash and 0 brain cells... He has all the physical tools.. Every thing from the neck up is absent , sadly...

35 minutes ago, Flugel said:

Well said.  You should have heard the sports radio host here in the Tampa area who adored Winston but made it a point to warn everyone (pre-draft) they better see the behavioral red flags he sees in Baker Mayfield.  I was thinking "ain't that the pot calling the kettle..."  He sure had his Tallahassee blinders active all the way until Winston's next victim didn't have the local police of the incident threatening the victim to drop the accusations and lingering complaints. 

Today, Winston is just going to quit alcohol as the closest he's willing to get to being accountable for his actions.  More specifically, he hasn't learned a thing.  I'll bet there's a female somewhere in Tallahassee happy to see karma catching up with Winston.  This time, the victim isn't being threatened by local police she better shut up and drop the accusations. 

Yeah, the FSU homer at 3:00 on 620 does get old.. :(

Archived