THE BROWNS BOARD

So what now?

manbearpig

Honestly this team was fun for me this year. Big trades big flops and no chance of getting to the playoffs. Then after the awesome battle with Indiana it all turned boring. Will LeBron go, will he stay? Do I care? No. Let's go Dawgs! Woof Woof Woof!  What do you guys think?

• 2 weeks later...

I am a Cleveland fan  and even a Lake Erie Monster fan, Browns first no matter what but when it comes down to it I hope Lebron does go. It wont workout for him no matter where he goes if he leaves because In the Land, He controls everything Cavs, They would not even change popcorn in the Q without Lebron having the final say. He demands the ball whenever he is on the court and the Cavs are lost when he is not on the court because he is always barking orders. Let him go, We still have talent and they are afraid to really show what they can do because LeBron  wants to run the show. If he goes to LA and teams up with other big stars who also want to have the ball...........No other team will give Lebron the control he has in Cleveland, so if wants to leave again so what. We will still win some games. BTW Why do you think Kyrie wanted away from Lebron? What about I Thomas? Wade? they all left with in a few months.

5 hours ago, medicineman said:

I am a Cleveland fan  and even a Lake Erie Monster fan, Browns first no matter what but when it comes down to it I hope Lebron does go. It wont workout for him no matter where he goes if he leaves because In the Land, He controls everything Cavs, They would not even change popcorn in the Q without Lebron having the final say. He demands the ball whenever he is on the court and the Cavs are lost when he is not on the court because he is always barking orders. Let him go, We still have talent and they are afraid to really show what they can do because LeBron  wants to run the show. If he goes to LA and teams up with other big stars who also want to have the ball...........No other team will give Lebron the control he has in Cleveland, so if wants to leave again so what. We will still win some games. BTW Why do you think Kyrie wanted away from Lebron? What about I Thomas? Wade? they all left with in a few months.

I take it you didn't watch many  games this year. 

5 hours ago, Richiswhere said:

I take it you didn't watch many  games this year. 

? Did You? I saw Lebron yelling at teammates not doing what HE wanted, Like the guys never played ball before, They didn't need Lebron barking orders. I saw every game but 5 this year

Not to mention the final roster was what Lebron wanted at the end. Lebron was the GM and head coach who are you trying to kid here? This is what he ended up with after all the moves HE made, and NOW he wants to leave after what he did? Why do you think the last GM is gone?  Not to mention he had the last head coach fired in  mid season with the team in first place.........WHY? BECAUSE LEBRON WAS THE COACH!

Somehow I think if LeBron left it wouldn't be that new for Cleveland fans after the Miami deal before.....maybe the end of Cavaliers basketball for a few decades but not new.

Let's just hope he stays at least until the Cavs/indians/Browns all have a shot together! 

It was just announced here at about 10:30 today  6/29 that he will not "opt-in" on his option for next year, ergo he becomes a free agent.

But this move was totally expected.  Some say that that may be a better sign for keeping him, as if he opted in, it could mean he would have been traded to Houston or the like.

I also understand that Houston is out of the running to get lbj.....that it is likely down to Cavs, Lakers, 76ers

16 hours ago, medicineman said:

Not to mention the final roster was what Lebron wanted at the end. Lebron was the GM and head coach who are you trying to kid here? This is what he ended up with after all the moves HE made, and NOW he wants to leave after what he did? Why do you think the last GM is gone?  Not to mention he had the last head coach fired in  mid season with the team in first place.........WHY? BECAUSE LEBRON WAS THE COACH!

Wow man you were really dumb enough to put your name to this drivel.

On 6/29/2018 at 11:02 AM, The Gipper said:

It was just announced here at about 10:30 today  6/29 that he will not "opt-in" on his option for next year, ergo he becomes a free agent.

But this move was totally expected.  Some say that that may be a better sign for keeping him, as if he opted in, it could mean he would have been traded to Houston or the like.

I also understand that Houston is out of the running to get lbj.....that it is likely down to Cavs, Lakers, 76ers

My son in law who lives in West Chester PA would love that.  He's a 76ers fan.

I could care less if he stays or goes.. All NBA players are carpet baggers regardless of skill level... It's not gonna impact my life one way or another

10 minutes ago, Axe said:

He's gone.. Welcome back to obscurity :(

Cleveland back to a two sport town?

LBJ doesn’t owe Cleveland anything this time around, but going to the Lakers isn’t really a “I wanna win titles” move. 

Hopefully he tells them to send the Ball kid packing. Be so funny to hear his dad whine for the next 5 years.

Thanks for the laughs LBJ. Can you take TT and the awful contract you got for him with you to LA?

He wont win Sheet with the lakers he will be lucky to get out the 2nd round.

Here is my prob with lequiter read his letter when returning listen his interview in sept I CAME BACK to finish my career in cleveland. Then he whines not enough talent round him has he forgot he begged for jr has he forgot he is 1 who bitched they give tt the money. H e will never get to a finals with the lakers.

8 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

The guy is allowed to leave... jesus. Same Schmuckers that probably burnt his jersey the first time around

Yeah.. He's allowed to leave.. But he lied to the fans.. He said he couldnt see himself leaving Cleveland again.. And DID!

Lebron doesn't make much sense.

He left $52 million on the table to jump to a team that has a worse roster than the Cavs.

Unless L.A. gets better players...Lebron may have played in his last Finals.

35 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

Lebron doesn't make much sense.

He left $52 million on the table to jump to a team that has a worse roster than the Cavs.

See my other topic on this matter.  That explains why.

I don't even care anymore. Yeah he was Cleveland's homegrown superstar, but damn if I have not gotten tired of LeBron holding the organization hostage year after year. And, to be honest, since durant went to golden state it's felt like a foregone conclusion and continues to feel like that. I'll be glad for the spotlight to move on elsewhere and I can go back to barely caring about basketball at all. 

10 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

The preverbal writing was all over the walls. LBJ owns 2 homes in LA.Am sure he has connections in life that sets him up well in his hollywood future. You can bet LA's talent will change with Magic Johnson pushing buttons. Average talent looks to play with LBJ making them better also..Good 4 year playoff ride with a championship, than all went Ty Lue stale..Beats the hell out of Art Modell ever returning twice. Once was enough in my lifetime//    

17 hours ago, gumby73 said:

The preverbal writing was all over the walls. LBJ owns 2 homes in LA.Am sure he has connections in life that sets him up well in his hollywood future. You can bet LA's talent will change with Magic Johnson pushing buttons. Average talent looks to play with LBJ making them better also..Good 4 year playoff ride with a championship, than all went Ty Lue stale..Beats the hell out of Art Modell ever returning twice. Once was enough in my lifetime//    

I have no problem with Lebron leaving.

My only beef is he was bitching about the Cav's roster at the end of the season.

I think he's forgetting who got JR Smith, Tristan Thompson, and Kevin Love paid.

So he has his fingerprints on the roster.

He got his boys paid...then jumped ship.

6 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

I have no problem with Lebron leaving.

My only beef is he was bitching about the Cav's roster at the end of the season.

I think he's forgetting who got JR Smith, Tristan Thompson, and Kevin Love paid.

So he has his fingerprints on the roster.

He got his boys paid...then jumped ship.

Well, he left a roster of JR Smith, TT, Love, Nance Jr.  etc.  for a roster that is much worse.    Now...SINCE Lebron signed with them they have picked up some pieces, like Stepenson and Rondo, so the rosters are close.

I guess we could say this:  who would do best in a 5 game series where the players on the roster of the Lakers where he went to (before Rondo and Stephenson) played the roster of the Cavs?

I'd put money on more star players wanting to join LeBron on a team like the Lakers than on a team like the Cavs. 

Aside from Kevin Love, who I like but is injured all the time... who else is much better than LA? Now they have Rondo, Stephenson, McGee, and it's almost a given they'll get another big time star. 

1 hour ago, SD_Tom said:

I'd put money on more star players wanting to join LeBron on a team like the Lakers than on a team like the Cavs. 

Aside from Kevin Love, who I like but is injured all the time... who else is much better than LA? Now they have Rondo, Stephenson, McGee, and it's almost a given they'll get another big time star. 

OK that is your take. It's wrong but everyone's entitled to an opinion and other single things in their livesOK that is your take. It's wrong but everyone's entitled to an opinion and other single things in their lives

10 hours ago, SD_Tom said:

DeMarcus Cousins just signed with Golden State, that makes a starting lineup of 5 NBA all stars.

Good luck to the Lakers trying to match that in the next couple of years.

Back to 1. College Football 1.a. Professional Football 2. MLB for me with passing interest in the Pittsburgh Penguins and curiosity in the Cadavers for me.

Just the way it is in sports in NE OHIO. It was nice having LeBron while it lasted......

Archived