THE BROWNS BOARD

The Browns Will Be In The Playoffs This Year

Zombo

On 7/2/2018 at 6:36 PM, Ghoolie said:

Tom, I NEVER said draft a QB first. I said take Barkley 1sr, and then take whichever of the big QBs still available at #4. THAT was the proper draft. THe 3 big QBs are all even money, so whether you took your gamble at 1  or 4  didn't matter. Same odds, you get a top guy. Again, we got the guy nobody wanted. We got Quinn, Manzeil, name your analogy,  same schidt. BAD DRAFT.

I brought back your idea of the perfect draft thread you started on April 13th.  Here's eggsactly what you said:

My hope is that we take a big shot on one of the best QB prospects, and then don't trade #4 down.

Moral of the story?  Remember what you put in writing multiple times...

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

Happy explosion day, everyone

PFF projects our 2018 season

Get your brown & orange sunglasses out......people getting high on the Brownies! 

.......or just getting high? 6 wins a possibility. 

41 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Cowherd today he said he thought the Browns would win about six games

& honestly Gip, I think the over\under on wins this year should be 6. I'll hold off on my prediction until after the Steelers game.  :) 

5 hours ago, hoorta said:

& honestly Gip, I think the over\under on wins this year should be 6. I'll hold off on my prediction until after the Steelers game.  :) 

Gil Brandt said the other day he thought the over under should be 6 and he'd bet the over. Narrative is changing. 

13 hours ago, jcam222 said:

Gil Brandt said the other day he thought the over under should be 6 and he'd bet the over. Narrative is changing. 

Gil makes some strange predictions at times especially before the 2018 draft......but I've been on 5.5 games over/under for awhile now.

9 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Gil makes some strange predictions at times especially before the 2018 draft......but I've been on 5.5 games over/under for awhile now.

5.5 seems fair. 

6 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

No... it means that 5.5 is a fair over/under on Browns wins this season. 

So what you're saying that it is not a prediction on how many games they will actually win. But I thought that is what we were asked to do.

7 hours ago, The Gipper said:

So what you're saying that it is not a prediction on how many games they will actually win. But I thought that is what we were asked to do.

I don't conform.

22 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Well, if you are saying you are weird, then who am I to disagree with you?:lol:

Dutch wierd? Nah, just delightfully different, really a nice guy if you want to actually know him.....from what I've heard, I guess. :blink:

On 7/4/2018 at 1:31 PM, The Gipper said:

Cowherd today he said he thought the Browns would win about six games

What's with all the attention to Colin Cowherd in here lately?   Did Ghoolie wear out the batteries on your bull shitt detector too?

On 7/4/2018 at 9:30 AM, mjp28 said:

Get your brown & orange sunglasses out......people getting high on the Brownies! 

.......or just getting high? 6 wins a possibility. 

If you look up the meaning of Lady's Man - there's a picture of your buddy Flugel getting kicked out of Cub Scouts for eating too many Brownies back in the day.  And I love the smell of this new glue so keep your refreshing sense of humor while you read...

As bad as last year was - we lost 4 games by just 3 points and another game by 6 points in OT.  On top of a rookie QB playing Santa Claus with just 11 TD passes to 22 INTs (plus what he gifted in fumbles) while he struggled with accuracy - we didn't have very many play makers to make the difference in close games like the 5 games I mentioned.

So, what's changed in the off season?  Offensively, we added 2 players (Hyde & Landry) that made the Top 100 NFL Players as voted by their peers/competitors. The WR Corps was a previous weakness especially knowing we wouldn't have Gordon for about 12 weeks.  Aside from getting Landry - we drafted a potential play maker and ST standout from Florida.  We drafted RB Nick Chubb to team up with Duke and Hyde. We also added a QB (Taylor) that made the Pro Bowl in 2015 and led his team to the Playoffs in 2017 with his greatest asset of not turning the ball over (think of how many trips to the red zone that ended in turnovers).  We also drafted a QB that could win AT Ohio State and he had completion percentages in 70s a couple times from the only school in the Big 12 that had a QB earn NFL Rookie of the Year honors (Sam Bradford).  

We drafted a corner from the Ohio State program that's been racking up a pretty good tradition at equipping NFL teams with reliable coverage help like last year's Defensive Rookie of the Year in New Orleans and others. We added secondary help in trades and FA.  Both of our promising young DEs have had an off season to recuperate injuries.  We've also added help and experience to our LB Corps. 

The biggest question we have is LT, which is significant. That said, Fells is the first TE we've brought here to help set the edge.  If that has to be on the left side - so be it.  Aside from that, we have a really agile QB that got his NFL potty training running the scout team QB behind a backup LT taking on T Suggs while guys like Ed Reed and Ray Lewis gave Taylor high praise for the challenge/fits he gave them every week in prep.  Is he the next Alex Smith moving to the right situation or just the next Derek Anderson that will play himself back into a backup role behind a 1st round QB?  Either makes him useful to an extent.

I see enough changes in the play maker departments to the extent we can start winning the close games.  As much as I'm coming across like a fan that only sees things through rose colored glasses - this off season finally leaves me feeling like I don't have to get creative to find the game face. I think we've upgraded all of the right places that were weaknesses (WR Corps, Secondary, and a TE who can actually set an edge) while we now have 3 different RBs that can help us.  On top of that, we get Meder, Collins, Ogbah and Garrett back healthier after injuries shortened their season last year.  This is a completely different team that can win those 4 games we lost by 3 points (that our opponents had to win ugly in) as well as the OT loss to GB.  That's 5 games teams with more player makers than we had pull out even if by accident. I don't think adding 2 wins to the 5 shoulda's is as big of a stretch as the stench of our 1-31 record implies it is.  I think we should win at least 7 games with the changes we've made plus important players coming back healthier.  I'd prefer at least 8 wins so I'm going with that.  Yuz all can laugh at me later if I'm wrong again.

Archived