THE BROWNS BOARD

The Browns Will Be In The Playoffs This Year

Zombo

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

OK, lets hope so.   You know what they say....don't let your mouth write any checks that your arse can't cash.

"They" can fuck off ... We're going to the playoffs.

Zombo

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

OK, lets hope so.   You know what they say....don't let your mouth write any checks that your arse can't cash.

Unless you actually might want to make a futures bet on it, I'm really not sure if there's a wild card team bet however, hmmmm.

The BROWNS the worst bet ATS in football in 2017, they will get better. From vegasinsider.com :

ODDS TO WIN 2018 AFC NORTH (12/30/18)......as of 06/19/2018

Team Odds
Pittsburgh Steelers 4/11
Baltimore Ravens 9/2
Cincinnati Bengals 10/1
Cleveland Browns 10/1
ODDS TO WIN 2018-19 AFC CHAMPIONSHIP (1/19/19)
Team Odds
New England Patriots 11/4
Pittsburgh Steelers 5/1
Houston Texans 9/1
Jacksonville Jaguars 9/1
Los Angeles Chargers 9/1
Denver Broncos 14/1
Oakland Raiders 14/1
Baltimore Ravens 18/1
Kansas City Chiefs 18/1
Indianapolis Colts 22/1
Tennessee Titans 25/1
Cleveland Browns 28/1 <----- they are creeping up !
Buffalo Bills 40/1
Cincinnati Bengals 40/1
Miami Dolphins 40/1
New York Jets 40/1

4 hours ago, Zombo said:

"They" can Shmuck off ... We're going to the playoffs.

Zombo

umm...you haven't forgotten that the team has only won one game in the last 2 years, right?

...just checkin'...

This is the year. It would have been the year without a doubt if we would have gotten Barkley. 

Taylor is the QB and he has a plenty of weapons and the defense is looking legit. 

TWO proven signal callers at both Offense and Defense. Hue can focus on being Head Coach. The BEST WR in the NFL has his head on straight and is full steam ahead for the first time in his career. Even though we don't have Barkley I'm 100 times more excited about our RB room with Hyde/Chubb/Duke than I would have been with another year of Crowfell and Johnson. 

We landed our QB of the future into the best situation possible. Taylor is in his prime and has the best opportunity a guy looking for a chance could ask for. If Tyrod goes down at some point, it's ready or not time for Baker and I really don't think we miss a beat. 

Browns out here looking like the mothaShmuckin Warriors!!! 

24 minutes ago, Orion said:

umm...you haven't forgotten that the team has only won one game in the last 2 years, right?

...just checkin'...

Just let them have their fun, Orion. It's June. 😉

54 minutes ago, Orion said:

...just checkin'...

Very familiar with every single loss.

Yep, Deshone Kize was the QB, Crow was the RB, Corey Coleman and Kenny Britt were the wideouts. Randall Telfer started at TE.

Garrett and Ogbah both missed half the season, Jamar taylor and 33 year old Jason McCourty were our shut down corners, and Peppers played 35 yards off the ball.

Sashi was in charge, Hugh called the plays and Todd Haley was winning the division in Pittsburgh.

Meet Tyrod Taylor, Baker Mayfield, Carlos Hyde, Nick Chubb,Josh Gordon, Jarvis Landry, starting David Nojoku, Healthy Garrett, Healthy Ogbah, Denzel Ward, EJ Gaines, Travis Carrie, Damarius Randall, Peppers in the box, and Mychal Kendricks.

Care to compare?

Zombo

16 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Just let them have their fun, Orion. It's June. 😉

...but it's not good.  People get themselves into this mindset that the team is gonna be really good....and when it doesn't happen then it's a travesty.  

With all of the new players and new OC the team 'could' be much better.....but let's let that happen by itself if it is to happen.  Then we can be happy.  But it's not impossible that the team will still struggle.  

I don't wanna see people jumping off bridges.  ;)

24 minutes ago, Orion said:

...but it's not good.  People get themselves into this mindset that the team is gonna be really good....and when it doesn't happen then it's a travesty.  

With all of the new players and new OC the team 'could' be much better.....but let's let that happen by itself if it is to happen.  Then we can be happy.  But it's not impossible that the team will still struggle.  

I hate to tell ya, but if we haven't jumped yet ... We ain't jumping.

Zombo

Browns 2018: It's OK to be a fan again.

42 minutes ago, Orion said:

You are preaching to the choir brother. Gun to my head, I'm predicting 4 or 5 wins. 

But it's June, and while I might not agree with the level of optimism being shown by many lately, it is nice to see from Browns fans. 

14 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

You are preaching to the choir brother. Gun to my head, I'm predicting 4 or 5 wins. 

But it's June, and while I might not agree with the level of optimism being shown by many lately, it is nice to see from Browns fans. 

...and along with that, some respect around the league.

Mike

9 hours ago, Zombo said:

I hate to tell ya, but if we haven't jumped yet ... We ain't jumping.

Zombo

Browns 2018: It's OK to be a fan again.

I have doubts about making playoffs with a complete makeover, but we're going to have some real upsets no one expected this year.

I'm an optimistic Browns fan (if that's even POSSIBLE), but even I can't make the playoff claim.  To be honest, I MIGHT predict we'd be "in the wildcard hunt", but I can't do THAT because we start of with TWO FREAKING PLAYOFF TEAMS.  Can someone please tell me how one of the worst teams in the HISTORY of the NFL, a team that won ZERO games, starts out the season against two playoff teams?  Teams that went a combined...like...24-8 last year?!  Whatever.

I think we have a 95% chance of starting out 0-2, and really...there isn't too much shame in that.  Are we SUPPOSED to beat those kind of teams?  One of them on the road??  I don't think so.  I forget the stat, but teams that go 0-2 have a next to nothing chance at making the playoffs, and I see us starting out 0-2 very easily.  

12 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

I'm an optimistic Browns fan (if that's even POSSIBLE), but even I can't make the playoff claim.  To be honest, I MIGHT predict we'd be "in the wildcard hunt", but I can't do THAT because we start of with TWO FREAKING PLAYOFF TEAMS.  Can someone please tell me how one of the worst teams in the HISTORY of the NFL, a team that won ZERO games, starts out the season against two playoff teams?  Teams that went a combined...like...24-8 last year?!  Whatever.

I think we have a 95% chance of starting out 0-2, and really...there isn't too much shame in that.  Are we SUPPOSED to beat those kind of teams?  One of them on the road??  I don't think so.  I forget the stat, but teams that go 0-2 have a next to nothing chance at making the playoffs, and I see us starting out 0-2 very easily.  

We punch the Steelers in the mouth Week One, and all bets are off ...

I just know we will be much better ... a real football team. 6-10 is a few plays and a couple lucky bounces form 10-6, so I'm going to dream big ... but I'm just looking forward to looking forward to Sundays again, knowing they will be battling with a chance to win.

Zombo

Browns came close to beating the Steelers the first game of last season, if it wasn't for some spectacularly Brownsy special teams play they should have had that win.  With a better team and an OC, hopefully that will give the Browns enough edge to eke out a victory.  The same goes for a lot of games last season, they were in it until the 4th quarter/OT and made some stupid mistake that cost them.  Remove those mistakes and 4-5 wins seems definitely doable.  Offense and defense have improved rosters on paper, and having Joshua Cribbs coaching special teams is very exciting.  It's nice to have someone on the coaching staff who is passionate about the Cleveland Browns, hopefully his enthusiasm will spread to these young players.

14 hours ago, Zombo said:

Very familiar with every single loss.

Yep, Deshone Kize was the QB, Crow was the RB, Corey Coleman and Kenny Britt were the wideouts. Randall Telfer started at TE.

Garrett and Ogbah both missed half the season, Jamar taylor and 33 year old Jason McCourty were our shut down corners, and Peppers played 35 yards off the ball.

Sashi was in charge, Hugh called the plays and Todd Haley was winning the division in Pittsburgh.

Meet Tyrod Taylor, Baker Mayfield, Carlos Hyde, Nick Chubb,Josh Gordon, Jarvis Landry, starting David Nojoku, Healthy Garrett, Healthy Ogbah, Denzel Ward, EJ Gaines, Travis Carrie, Damarius Randall, Peppers in the box, and Mychal Kendricks.

Care to compare?

Zombo

If this team wins less than 5 games it will be a letdown and a step closer to becoming the new Baytown Browns. :huh:

11 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

If this team wins less than 5 games it will be a letdown and a step closer to becoming the new Baytown Browns. :huh:

Baytown?  What is that? Would they become like the Bay City Rollers?

Which Baytown are you talking about?  San Diego has a bay....they lost their team.  Oakland is on San Francisco Bay.  Chesapeake Bay? (Norfolk/Va. Beach?) Boston Bay already has a team, as do Tampa and Green Bay.   Or what?  Do you think the Browns will move to Sandusky?  :lol:

27 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Baytown?  What is that? Would they become like the Bay City Rollers?

Which Baytown are you talking about?  San Diego has a bay....they lost their team.  Oakland is on San Francisco Bay.  Chesapeake Bay? (Norfolk/Va. Beach?) Boston Bay already has a team, as do Tampa and Green Bay.   Or what?  Do you think the Browns will move to Sandusky?  :lol:

How about Baytown, Texas lovely place.

3 hours ago, Zombo said:

I just know we will be much better ... a real football team. 6-10 is a few plays and a couple lucky bounces form 10-6, so I'm going to dream big ... but I'm just looking forward to looking forward to Sundays again, knowing they will be battling with a chance to win.

Zombo

I not only see us in the playoffs, I see us in the Superbowl.

5 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

I not only see us in the playoffs, I see us in the Superbowl.

If we do that, I will make you "Admin for the Day" and you can rule The Browns Board any way you like for 24 hours and delete whatever you want.

Zombo

4 hours ago, Zombo said:

Zombo

We punch the Steelers in the mouth week 1 and win an opener for the first time since 'Nam....and we might be in for one heckuva season.

On 6/19/2018 at 2:34 PM, Zombo said:

"They" can Shmuck off ... We're going to the playoffs.

Zombo

I bet 1000 for 8 games or more. Go Browns.

22 hours ago, Zombo said:

... but I'm just looking forward to looking forward to Sundays again, knowing they will be battling with a chance to win.

Zombo

So you gonna join us in the tavern this year Z?

Archived