THE BROWNS BOARD

David Johnson

One Post

It's funny, when you look at our RB group, or at least our top 3, it's kind of shocking.  If Nick Chubb is the guy many think he is, we don't NEED a David Johnson.  I mean, Carlos Hyde is a dependable, grind it out, solid back.  We know what we have in Duke Johnson, and he's an underrated weapon.  A true threat.  But the guy with the most POTENTIAL is Nick Chubb.  In fact, the media have commented multiple times how Chubb just looks "different" out there.  Now we all know it's glorified "touch football" right now, and we won't know a darn thing about our team until the pads come on, but still....Chubb is the one I'm hearing the most about.  His legs look like tree trunks.  He's got more speed than many initially thought.  He's got a real feel for running between the tackles, and he's someone that would've been regarded in the "Saquon Barkely Realm" if not for a horrific injury.  Of course, injuries are a part of football, and we don't KNOW if Chubb will ever get back to where he was before the surgery, but all indications are he looks GOOD now.  I'm not exactly sure how the carries are going to be distributed, but I would assume Carlos Hyde would get the lion's share to begin the year, but Chubb could very easily take over IF he gets himself caught up in the pass protection aspect of his position.  Hyde is known as a beast in pass protection, and coaches are hesitant to play a RB if they aren't confident he can keep the QB safe.  Also, rookies generally struggle with this aspect (picking up blocks, understanding protections, etc).  

Yeah, David Johnson is special, but we might just have a special group of our own.  We have the best QBs we've had in YEARS, and I also think we have the best RB's we've had in forever, as well.  

Ya, we've got our best running back room in years, we are paying three guys to produce, two just signed/re-signed to be here, and the third is just starting a rookie contract, why would we ... Thread Fail of the Summer, OnePost.

Zombo

Whatever all you people know David Johnson is way better than Carlos Hide Lol or Take a duke Johnson.

I think the Cards move him I really do and the Browns are a perfect fit competing with Bell and the Stinkers.

17 minutes ago, One Post said:

I think the Cards move him I really do and the Browns are a perfect fit competing with Bell and the Stinkers.

Post,Zona is not starting Bradford or Rosen taking away David Johnson the only dependable RB they have.Check Zona's RB depth chart.(it's laughable) David Johnson will get paid. HC Steve Wilks came from Panthers? He a good coach that should do Zona right..

21 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

Post,Zona is not starting Bradford or Rosen taking away David Johnson the only dependable RB they have.Check Zona's RB depth chart.(it's laughable) David Johnson will get paid. HC Steve Wilks came from Panthers? He a good coach that should do Zona right..

https://www.revengeofthebirds.com/2018/6/21/17487468/arizona-cardinals-cleveland-browns-david-johnson-duke-johnson-carlos-hyde-carl-nassib

I'm not the only one seeing this. This was posted 10 hrs ago kiddos.

7 minutes ago, One Post said:

Why would Dorsey even consider that trade? A)why take on Johnson(pick 86) on 4 years of nfl wheels,looking $?  B.)when Dorsey believes Nick Chubb(pick 35) is all of David Johnson on new wheels.. revengeofthebirds is really digging for a story this time of year ⛏️

13 hours ago, One Post said:

Whatever all you people know David Johnson is way better than Carlos Hide Lol or Take a duke Johnson.

Why should the Cards move him anywhere? This is not the NBA where a player thinks he can just make a trade demand and actually have it happen. He's going to play for the Cardinals come hell or high water.

Yeah , it's a dumb move to trade him now.. He's the only protection Zona has for taking the load off the QB...

10 hours ago, nickers said:

Yeah , it's a dumb move to trade him now.. He's the only protection Zona has for taking the load off the QB...

Lmao. Yes I've read your other posts and they are so biased its even laughable. There were 9 mistakes before Josh Chosen deal with Baker Mayfield.

1 hour ago, One Post said:

Lmao. Yes I've read your other posts and they are so biased its even laughable. There were 9 mistakes before Josh Chosen deal with Baker Mayfield.

And you're a dumb mother Fukkin' metal head.. So.. whats your point?

25 minutes ago, One Post said:

Ahuh. Metallica dude Lol. 

You mean Metallicrap!!!.. Kirk Hammett.. Worst guitarist I ever heard.. No vibrato and 0 feeling in the soul department!

58 minutes ago, nickers said:

You mean Metallicrap!!!.. Kirk Hammett.. Worst guitarist I ever heard.. No vibrato and 0 feeling in the soul department!

I was actually joking. I listen to a lot of music besides hip hop.

Who cares what you think is good and what isn't. 

On 6/23/2018 at 8:26 AM, One Post said:

I was actually joking. I listen to a lot of music besides hip hop.

Who cares what you think is good and what isn't. 

I care.. Now.,... go to HELL!

On 6/21/2018 at 8:33 PM, One Post said:

Just no, and here's why.

1) He's on the final year of a cheap rookie contract, can be a UFA next year. 

2) Missed essentially all of last year with a wrist injury

3) Browns are set with Hyde and Chubb

4) This is the dead season before training camp- never going to happen.  

55 minutes ago, One Post said:

You go to Hell. Oh hang on you're already there Crote.

Relax , Tinker Bell... It's an excursion.. Not a BJay

31 minutes ago, One Post said:

Gotcha Fonzi.

:lol:.  Hey post, howve you been lately? 

7 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

:lol:.  Hey post, howve you been lately? 

Doing good. Been thru a lot man. I'm painting John Deere equipment in northern Illinois now until football season. I might say I'm taking some Sundays off then 10-4?

That's cool.....ever watch Meechum or Machinery Pete on the Outdoor Channel? 

Archived