THE BROWNS BOARD

While on that Subject

The Gipper

While on the subject of National Parks,  I just got back yesterday from a near 2 week vacation.  (a week in Hilton Head and some time in Alabama, Tenn, and NC).  On this trip I did go to 4 National Park units I had not been to before.  These are all fairly new ones, no more than 3 years old. Here are the ones I went to:

Screen_Shot_2018-01-26_at_8.48.34_AM.jpg

https://www.nps.gov/reer/index.htm

On 6/16/2018 at 11:01 PM, TexasAg1969 said:

Been to Los Alamos in N.M. but never to the Trinity site there. It's only open to the public the first Sat. in April and Oct. every year.

I have been there.  Stood right under the spot where that first bomb exploded. Interesting connection though:  See this photo of the large casing at the parking lot,  Jumbo, a large steel container originally intended to catch the plutonium from the bomb, if the test explosion failed. It was never used. Later, the ends were blown off with a conventional explosion. Standing in Jumbo is a popular photo opportunity.

06nm12.JPG

This, I learned while there, was built at the B&W plant right here in Barberton, Ohio....only a few blocks from where I sit right now.

Archived