THE BROWNS BOARD

Greg Little

darren15

The #AZCardinals have signed free agent WR Greg Little, source said. He just tried out for them a second time. Could be a cool comeback story for the former 2nd rounder.

Anyone else think the Cards dropped the ball with this one ?

Oh No! Greg Little threatened to make the Browns pay for cutting him. I can't imagine the carnage he would inflict on the Browns secondary! I'm happy the Cards aren't on the schedule this year.

1 hour ago, darren15 said:

The #AZCardinals have signed free agent WR Greg Little, source said. He just tried out for them a second time. Could be a cool comeback story for the former 2nd rounder.

Anyone else think the Cards dropped the ball with this one ?

The Cards won't HAVE to drop the ball...That's Greg's department!  😏

He'll get along with Rosen just fine!

Mike

This will provide comic relief for the rest of the league.. You drafted a Diva QB.. May as well sign a washed up Diva WR and swill it down with a big helping of Drama.. Just the cover Bill Belichic needs to mask his next dastardly plan!!

You know, often I sit there and wonder if X player would have been better if he didn't come here, play for crappy QB's, etc.

That was, and never will be, the case with Greg. I'm fairly certain I could catch footballs better than that clown ever did.

17 hours ago, nickers said:

This will provide comic relief for the rest of the league.. You drafted a Diva QB.. May as well sign a washed up Diva WR and swill it down with a big helping of Drama.. Just the cover Bill Belichic needs to mask his next dastardly plan!!

Now let's let the season play out. I think Rosen should be awesome and Mayfield? Well lets let the laundry list continue.

I always liked Greg Little and I want him to succeed. I remember a couple of running plays where he looked especially strong, and I always wondered why we didn't try more of them. Obviously he didn't have great hands, but I still like him for whatever reason. It's funny, last year Greg would've been our best receiver (with Corey and Josh out). This year, he wouldn't have a chance to make the roster. 

NC State Wolfpack homers never say anything nice about former Tarheels players but G.Little's draft stock never should have reached 2nd round status to begin with.But his former Tarheel coach Butch Davis screwed the pooch on the G.Little pick than with the Browns. Hands of Stone G.Little needs a development league, not Zona nor Rosen. G.Little's luck may have been better at NC State playing with R.Wilson still at State than playing with Tarheels TJ Yates(Yikes!). G.Little in 1st 2 seasons at UNC Rushed for over 600 yards & only received 245 yards passing. His final Junior year he rushed for a buck65/receiving 724 yards..G.Little played basketball with Julius Peppers also at UNC. Little got drafted as a two sport athlete with good size, but never got coached up the techs of learning the WR position..I'd be surprised if G.Little at this point makes any teams final 53..     

I honestly think so much bad, godawful Browns football has caused my memory to just blank out. 

I barely even remember Greg Little at this point. I mean, I know the name, but can barely remember him with the Browns. No idea when he was drafted, or by what regime. 

12 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

I honestly think so much bad, godawful Browns football has caused my memory to just blank out. 

I barely even remember Greg Little at this point. I mean, I know the name, but can barely remember him with the Browns. No idea when he was drafted, or by what regime. 

Little to his credit is a nice guy... He just can't play WR.. I'm surprised he hasn't tried out at Running Back.. it actually is his natural position.

Let's GOOO Little! 

Little entered the league as a 2011 second-round pick of the Browns and spent three seasons in Cleveland. He caught 155 passes during that time, but drops and other mental miscues helped keep him from meeting the expectations for him.

The Bengals got Little and we got Andrew Hawkins from them. 

Hawkins was a good little receiver as was our "other little guy" that now plays for the Falcons. 

- Weeden took Little down with him. A surefire way to kill an inconsistent catcher is an even more inconsistent passer... 

12 hours ago, PoeticG said:

The Bengals got Little and we got Andrew Hawkins from them. 

Hawkins was a good little receiver as was our "other little guy" that now plays for the Falcons. 

- Weeden took Little down with him. A surefire way to kill an inconsistent catcher is an even more inconsistent passer... 

the Browns should have stuck with Colt McCoy.  It's a shame the new regime wanted "their guy" and rushed Weeden out there.  McCoy was the better QB.  Hope he gets his chance someday, still following the Redskins because of him.   I raged every time Weeden would attempt a short pass, zero touch and just rifled it everywhere.

1 hour ago, Browns1216 said:

the Browns should have stuck with Colt McCoy.  It's a shame the new regime wanted "their guy" and rushed Weeden out there.  McCoy was the better QB.  Hope he gets his chance someday, still following the Redskins because of him.   I raged every time Weeden would attempt a short pass, zero touch and just rifled it everywhere.

McCoy is a backup NFL QB at best.  But...OK...Weeden isn't even that.....so you are right, we would have been better off with McCoy....but still would have left us with a way below average QB.

9 hours ago, Browns1216 said:

If there was any doubt how Weeden's career in Cleveland would go, it should have been crystal clear in his first game when he got stuck under the giant American flag before the opening kickoff. 

Archived