THE BROWNS BOARD

21 trillion in debt? No more having our trade partners laugh at us behind our backs

calfoxwc

We have shared our wealth unevenly for years and years and years. Other countries rely upon us to keep them

happily swimming in cash.

Meanwhile, we are too nice, too accepting of being used.

Our GREAT president is putting a stop to it.

https://www.ammoland.com/2018/06/behind-trumps-exasperation/?utm_source=Ammoland+Subscribers&utm_campaign=27e5312e07-RSS_EMAIL_CAMPAIGN&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_6f6fac3eaa-27e5312e07-20770865#axzz5IDrCOdDl

Just now, MLD Woody said:

Yep

And it pisses me off Woody, seriously. The Republicans have been yapping about this for years and had a majority and could have done something about it. 

Do you have to imagine that the two or three quote unquote Mavericks who put the monkey wrench into any kind of monetary reform are doing so with a wink and a nod.

WSS

these trade imbalances were deliberate. it was thevtrade off for the world accepting the u.s as the global currency printer. so few of u understand what it means to print the worlds reserve currency. u cobstantly bibble and babble about tbings u deliberately k ow as little as possible about. 

i agree with trump btw andvthatbthe u.s needs to make sht again instead of just printing the worlds reserve while funneling everyone into soul crushing service type careers. we've hollowed out the soul of our country cause we sold out to money. but keep worshipping tbe wealthy they totally have our best interests in mind

14 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Hopefully. But seriously the shitt could hit the fan sooner than we think. I'd like to think I have another 15 or 20 years but...

WSS

Are those flowers growing between your toes Steve?🌼👼😁

3 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Not sure I caught that one. Expound.

WSS

I think that's an old fart reference to the 60's hippie era, and Barry McGuire

Give a man a fish, you feed him for a day 

Teach a man to fish, you feed him for a lifetime 

Promise a man somebody else's fish for a lifetime, you create a Democrat.

12 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

Give a man a fish, you feed him for a day 

Teach a man to fish, you feed him for a lifetime 

Promise a man somebody else's fish for a lifetime, you create a Democrat.

Well, since current and imminent retirees will be collecting $3 for every $1 they actually put in the social security system, courtesy of younger generations such as mine, that means every baby boomer will be eating tilapia and voting Democat, then.

2 hours ago, jbluhm86 said:

Well, since current and imminent retirees will be collecting $3 for every $1 they actually put in the social security system, courtesy of younger generations such as mine, that means every baby boomer will be eating tilapia and voting Democat, then.

So then everybody will be calling you young people Nazis and racists and all that crap? And it will be you guys the Liberals balancing the budget on the backs of the poor and the elderly? Good. And the Democrats will be pushing for a 70 year old retirement age.

WSS

5 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

So then everybody will be calling you young people Nazis and racists and all that crap? And it will be you guys the Liberals balancing the budget on the backs of the poor and the elderly? Good. And the Democrats will be pushing for a 70 year old retirement age.

WSS

All things being equal, both political parties have screwed the pooch on fixing and/or phasing out Social Security, simply because in order to do so, they'd need to either reduce the benefits for boomers already collecting or soon to collect Social Security, and/or increase the contribution rate from the younger generations paying into it while knowing full well that those people would never see their full benefits by the time they reach retirement age. This problem has been known since at least the 80s, yet no one dares to fix it, Republican or Democrat, because it's politically unpalatable. That's why my current retirement plans rely very little on projected Social Security benefits, because there's no chance in hell i'll be collecting near what Uncle Sam takes out of my paycheck every other week in Social Security taxes.

5 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Ps how old are you JB?

WSS

I turn 32 next month.

2 hours ago, jbluhm86 said:

Steve and I have decided we're living about 5-10 years beyond the stat prediction so we can get a $4 for $1 deal. Since the majority of the itty bitty SS check I get came from Texas summer jobs tearing down old buildings (starting with those hot roofs), active duty Army and then several years in the real "organized militia" (Nat. Gd.), I think I earned it.

BTW it's far, far less that the IRA money I paid out of my own pay check that has more than multiplied by Xs 10 during a similar period. I would rather have been doing that than investing it in those shitty checks from SS that are worth far less per $ now than what they were when I put them in. But that's ok. The younger generation will be paying for Trump's rich man tax cut after the inflation it causes even worse than my generation has.

3 minutes ago, jbluhm86 said:

All things being equal, both political parties have screwed the pooch on fixing and/or phasing out Social Security, simply because in order to do so, they'd need to either reduce the benefits for boomers already collecting or soon to collect Social Security, and/or increase the contribution rate from the younger generations paying into it while knowing full well that those people would never see their full benefits by the time they reach retirement age. This problem has been known since at least the 80s, yet no one dares to fix it, Republican or Democrat, because it's politically unpalatable. That's why my current retirement plans rely very little on projected Social Security benefits, because there's no chance in hell i'll be collecting near what Uncle Sam takes out of my paycheck every other week in Social Security taxes.

I turn 32 next month.

All that's true. Good luck selling that to an increasingly "me" population.

Anyway Financial people of been begging people to invest rather than waste generation after generation. People just won't do it. It's easier to put off responsibility until it's too late.

WSS

3 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

By the way the whole Social Security Ponzi scheme is one of the things that's going to bite Us in the a$$. It's always puzzled me that people look to Franklin Delano Roosevelt as some kind of a hero.

WSS

He was the last King before Donald and the reason we now have term limits on the presidency.🤴

4 hours ago, jbluhm86 said:

I turn 32 next month.

That means I've been paying into Social Security 10 years longer than you've been alive.

Whenever I decide to retire, I would say I deserve whatever I've paid into the system.

39 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

He was the last King before Donald and the reason we now have term limits on the presidency.🤴

That "King" introduced us to the "temporary" Federal Income Tax to help fund the war.

Good job FDR.

2 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

That "King" introduced us to the "temporary" Federal Income Tax to help fund the war.

Good job FDR.

And Social Security and the New Deal.

And screwed around for years while World War II raged on. I think that benefit that we got was inadvertent though let the industrial power of Europe wipe each other out and the United States comes in to reap the rewards.

WSS

3 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

Good job FDR.

Wrong. The 16th amendment establishing income tax was ratified in 1913. But mandatory withholding from wages WAS implemented under FDR in 1943.

https://www.thoughtco.com/history-of-the-us-federal-income-tax-3321600

Archived