THE BROWNS BOARD

anyone own a 10mm semi auto?

Clevfan4life

8 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Wow, $389 MSRP is almost cheap for any decent firearm. Almost in "Saturday night special" territory plus who really pays MSRP anyway.

I've done well with dealers or buying used over the years. 

Reviews have all been very positive unlike Saturday night special type firearms 

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Very nice Cal! You gonna go with black, flat dark earth or OD Green? 

Of course it would cost you less to carry 2 Ruger LC9s's and have 5 more rounds total. LOL!🤩

But seriously that is one fine pistol!

And it looks like the mag extension would work well for you too.

dumb thing is expensive...about 800 bucks for the le version. but I want to check it out. I really like the dark earth. Haven't seen the green yet.

9 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

dumb thing is expensive...about 800 bucks for the le version. but I want to check it out. I really like the dark earth. Haven't seen the green yet.

MSRP is $819 plus tax. This place near me sells it for $686 plus tax and will order the dark earth for you at no extra cost. If you get it up there make them match this price or better. BTW I really like the sights on that pistol. Very visible and easy to line up quickly. And they "glow" in the dark.

http://www.gunsplus.net/handguns/semi-automatic-handguns/heckler-koch-vp9-sk-9mm-339-black-finish-10rds

EDIT: Comes with 3 magazines too.

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

ah. lol.

So, here's a question -

I've always been a manual safety guy - I'm old school. It comes with the territory - I'm older now - I just don't look it.

But no Glocks have a manual safety? Maybe that HK I want doesn't come with a manual safety?

the p320 doesn't come with one... etc etc etc.

So, philosophically speaking, how tough is it to adapt to having no manual safety?

"it won't fire unless you actually pull the trigger". Sure, what if you're walking through brush in the woods, and a branch grabs the trigger?

"well, the trigger is covered by your holster" Sure, but what if you fell down a slope and the gun came out, and was bounding down along with you, and a branch hit the trigger?

LOL

Oh, here's another question - hammer fired vs striker fired?

I'm a striker fired guy. Ever hike though a field of wildflowers etc, and get fuzzy seeds all over you?

Well, I just think those fuzzy seeds could affect a hammer fired gun.

LOL.

Actually, hammer fired are more expensive to make. Maybe I'll end up with an M&P Shield... It's a great gun.

Striker fired usually have a lower trigger pull poundage and so you don't end up squeezing the pistol off target. And one of the reasons I bought the LC9s standard rather than lower costing "pro" version was the extra added manual safety and the inability to fire a round in the chamber when the magazine is out. I just like those added safety features since I have grandkids, though in Texas it is illegal to have any weapon accessible to a minor (17 and under). Hiding it does not equal inaccessible either. It has to be locked away which is why I ordered an easy 3 number combination locking gun case to keep near the bedside.

19 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

dont carry one in the chamber. i too dislike the loss of the safety switch

You mean like this FBI "dancer"?  LOL!

Idiot not only had a round in it, but the safety off as well. He needs to go back through a CC class. 

3 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

ah. lol.

So, here's a question -

I've always been a manual safety guy - I'm old school. It comes with the territory - I'm older now - I just don't look it.

But no Glocks have a manual safety? Maybe that HK I want doesn't come with a manual safety?

the p320 doesn't come with one... etc etc etc.

So, philosophically speaking, how tough is it to adapt to having no manual safety?

"it won't fire unless you actually pull the trigger". Sure, what if you're walking through brush in the woods, and a branch grabs the trigger?

"well, the trigger is covered by your holster" Sure, but what if you fell down a slope and the gun came out, and was bounding down along with you, and a branch hit the trigger?

LOL

Oh, here's another question - hammer fired vs striker fired?

I'm a striker fired guy. Ever hike though a field of wildflowers etc, and get fuzzy seeds all over you?

Well, I just think those fuzzy seeds could affect a hammer fired gun.

LOL.

Actually, hammer fired are more expensive to make. Maybe I'll end up with an M&P Shield... It's a great gun.

Image result for old farmer pics

how does that dude walk off with thst stupid sht eating grin? ur gun just went off in a crowded nightclub how bout making sure nobody got hit before u steal out of there like bitch ngr. jesus Shmuck. imagine if those agents were still carrying 10mm's....that dudes leg would look alot different

39 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

how does that dude walk off with thst stupid sht eating grin? ur gun just went off in a crowded nightclub how bout making sure nobody got hit before u steal out of there like bitch ngr. jesus Shmuck. imagine if those agents were still carrying 10mm's....that dudes leg would look alot different

First 3 rules of CC class.

1. The gun is always loaded (no matter what you may think).

2. Don't put your finger inside the trigger guard unless you intend to fire.

3. Be sure of your background before putting your finger inside the trigger guard.

EDIT: If this had happened with you or me and if it is proven we had been drinking with a weapon on....................say goodbye to the CC License. Ain't allowed.

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

EDIT: If this had happened with you or me and if it is proven we had been drinking with a weapon on....................say goodbye to the CC License. Ain't allowed.

right? doing a backflip while packing even if nothing goes wrong, i mean.....this is the mentality of so many gun owners in this country. that fukking thing strapped to ur side is not a toy or a cool accessory. keep the fukking thing in the car if ur planning to go full on phaggatorical in "da clubs".

i read about that incident but the video really brings home what a sht eating phaggot that is. that sheepish grin....if my gun fell out and went off my immediate fukking reaction would omfg please tell me none of u got hit.....

2 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

right? doing a backflip while packing even if nothing goes wrong, i mean.....this is the mentality of so many gun owners in this country. that fukking thing strapped to ur side is not a toy or a cool accessory. keep the fukking thing in the car if ur planning to go full on phaggatorical in "da clubs".

i read about that incident but the video really brings home what a sht eating phaggot that is. that sheepish grin....if my gun fell out and went off my immediate fukking reaction would omfg please tell me none of u got hit.....

Texas law reads that you are not allowed to take a handgun with your LTC (License To Carry) into any establishment where at least 51% of it's sales are from alcoholic beverages. That rules out the bars but not the restaurants. Since I've never been a bar guy I have nothing to worry about there.

3 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

he was LE so im assuming..especially in texas....that u are exempt then even off duty. i think its that way in most states

Likely you are correct. But it still is not a smart thing to do.  Even LE can be sued in civil court for doing something stupid with a weapon when drinking.

Wild honey?

945357_10201006313818444_1050728817_n.jpg

Or this honey? Miss Ohio, yes she's a real beekeeper. 

Miss-Ohio-USA-Deneen-Penn.jpg

Archived