THE BROWNS BOARD

Trump's North Korean "Deal"

jbluhm86

Daily Wire: South Korea Bewildered By Trump Considering Cancellation Of Joint Military Exercises

Daily Wire: Trump's Big North Korean Moment Is Either A Masterstroke Or A Horrible Debacle. There's No In-Between.

So, here I sit, waiting for the grumbling and indignation from the Right that the President of the United States would meet with the dictator from North Korea and make overtures and deals with them that have no substantive concessions in return from North Korea. You know, like the outrage from Obama meeting with Iran and Cuba. I'll wait...

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, Axe said:

You're laughable..

Enlighten me, then, on what you believe about my line of thinking is "laughable".

Trump legitimizes a ruthless dictator by agreeing to visit him with no preconditions, agrees to stop joint military exercises with South Korea - to the astonishment of the South Koreans - as a concession, and even took the threat of US military intervention off the table as a threat against North Korea if they fail to denuclearize...all for...what...exactly? A promise from Kim Jeong Un to denuclearize his country? Like that have dozens of times in the past, and gone back on their word every single time?  Give me a fu.cking break. If Obama did the same thing that Trump just did - and, in a way, he did with Iran and Cuba - the Right would be losing their fu.cking minds over this, as they did with Iran and North Korea. And yet, the Right is going about this like Trump just made the deal of the century and deserves a Nobel Peace prize...again, the same exact sh.it the left did with Obama over Iran and Cuba. Hypocrisy abounds on both extreme ends of the political spectrum...

baloney. ObaMao's deal with IRAN ? The same as Trump's deal with NK ?

"DER"

It was an opening door to further negotiations. NK is economically desperate.

This was just a preliminary step to putting an end to the hostility over there, after all these years.

NOTE: Trump didn't send them tons of cash. SMART MOVE.

35 minutes ago, jbluhm86 said:

Enlighten me, then, on what you believe about my line of thinking is "laughable".

Pretty much every word of cowpoop that followed that..   Trump gave away nothing irreversible..

It's sad.. The country is doing so undeniably better.... Yet some are so devoured by hate that they cannot see it or enjoy it.

2 hours ago, jbluhm86 said:

Daily Wire: South Korea Bewildered By Trump Considering Cancellation Of Joint Military Exercises

Daily Wire: Trump's Big North Korean Moment Is Either A Masterstroke Or A Horrible Debacle. There's No In-Between.

So, here I sit, waiting for the grumbling and indignation from the Right that the President of the United States would meet with the dictator from North Korea and make overtures and deals with them that have no substantive concessions in return from North Korea. You know, like the outrage from Obama meeting with Iran and Cuba. I'll wait...

Alas the grumbling is from the left, the modern day McCarthyites.

I'm shocked, shocked I tell ya.

WSS

I'll say this, there's no point griping about anything current...this is a "process". If the summit was the start to that process than fine. Anybody that thinks either Trump gave too much away or Trump just made the deal of the century....all of it is laughably premature. Anybody chirping this from either side is just being a partisan shtstain. This will take "years" to determine if something solid happened. Just look at the multiple of deals between Israel and Palestine that seemed promising "for awhile". Canceling the military excercises with South Korea is a complete nothingburger. So what? All those excercises do is antagonize the north. And it's not like they're utterly crucial for the South Korean defense. Canceling those excercises for the time being is actually a decently pragmatic move. What irritates me is that Trump didn't seem to pass that one by his military commanders in advance. Weeks ago when this summit was announced he should have told the military hey, if I get good vibes from this summit im going to use those excercises as a bargaining chip. The fact it appears the military was blindsided by the cancellation shows Trump is just not completely on the ball. He would have made a much better sec of state than Potus. I mean this isn't even next level logic. If you know those excercises are on the table, tell ur fcking military commanders. I would think they would understand. So would S. Korea...it's a bargaining chip that gives away so so so very little but it's evidently something that bunches Kims panties. 

I don't have any problem with the attempt by Trump to do it different, but to say there is no longer a nuclear threat from NK is just flat out bull.sh.it. Step 1 does not equal step 6. It's just a step in the right direction, but to fool yourself (and us) into thinking it's over is just wrong headed.

Now if in the followup we really do get full and completely verifiable denuke from them, I'd volunteer to carry his Nobel Peace Prize home for him.

13 hours ago, jbluhm86 said:

The Jblu Blues:

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Defending the lie that NK is no longer a nuclear threat has already begun. Pompeo better damn sure deliver so the lie is not permanent.

Again they already have nuclear weapons. And again it seems the other side was tacitly allowing the Iranians to develop theirs. I worry about Iran first.

WSS

2 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Again they already have nuclear weapons. And again it seems the other side was tacitly allowing the Iranians to develop theirs. I worry about Iran first.

WSS

Apples and oranges. Trump lies and says they are no longer a nuclear threat and we can all sleep well at night. Yes, they already have them and no, this does not mean they can no longer use them. They certainly can until Pompeo has all the denuke done and verified on an ongoing basis. Until then it is a Trump lie to say they are no longer a nuclear threat.

26 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Apples and oranges. Trump lies and says they are no longer a nuclear threat and we can all sleep well at night. Yes, they already have them and no, this does not mean they can no longer use them. They certainly can until Pompeo has all the denuke done and verified on an ongoing basis. Until then it is a Trump lie to say they are no longer a nuclear threat.

Then build yourself a fuking bomb shelter, what can I say?

😉

WSS

12 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

oh u do.huh? care to lay out that rationale?

The entire Middle East is a powder keg and I ran probably at least one of the most outspoken dangerous players.

Does it seem to you like anybody else in the region actually likes North Korea? Who are their friends? Even China can't stand them and the russkies Shirley can't afford to carry them. Japan? South Korea? Anybody?

Iran has every country in the region except Israel on their side.

North Korea is destitute Iran has 5th largest oil Reserve in the world I think.

That's two things off the top of my head. Why would you disagree?

If in fact you do.

WSS

ofc i disagree. heres why...

1) iran has every country on their side? steve, they're currently fighting a proxy war with saudi arabia in yemen. if saudi had, or any of the sunni countries, had a bomb they would have already used it against iran. ur continued willful ignorance on this matter is staggering. 

2) if north korea is "destitute"...how'd they build a bomb? do u think its a bunch of blacksmiths forging away day in day out? 

3) china has been buying north korean goods for decades. they've been trading with nk from the beginning and supplied them with weapons during the war. yup they sure cant stand nk huh? where do u think nk gets its energy from?

4) and this is really the most important point.....so i'll put it in all caps.

IRAN HAS NEVER EVEN DETONATED A NUCLEAR DEVICE LET ALONE BUILT A VIABLE TRANSPORT MEDIUM ABLE TO HIT THE ENTIRETY OF THE CONTINENTAL U.S AS ALOT IF ANALYSTS BELEIVE NK MAY BE ABLE TO DO NOW AND WHY TRUMP WAS SO HAWKISH ON THEM JUST A FEW MONTHS AGO. 

in summation, wss is more worried about a nuclear program that hasnt even gotten the enrichment process down square vs a nuclear program that has not only been testing actual detonations for decades but is perfecting the delivery vehicle to be able to hit the continental united states. 

i hope by laying it out like that it dawns on u how stupid ur position is

4 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Defending the lie that NK is no longer a nuclear threat has already begun. Pompeo better damn sure deliver so the lie is not permanent.

Funny since the Dems are notoriously famous for funding the nuclear armaments in NK AND Iran.

I thought it was puzzling that John Kerry was praising the Iran deal, while the citizens of Tehran was chanting "Death to America". 

That was happening while Kerry's plane was still sitting on the tarmac. 

16 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

Funny since the Dems are notoriously famous for funding the nuclear armaments in NK AND Iran.

I thought it was puzzling that John Kerry was praising the Iran deal, while the citizens of Tehran was chanting "Death to America". 

That was happening while Kerry's plane was still sitting on the tarmac. 

do u think theres people in nort korea thst all of a sudden dont want kim to nuke us? ofc we wont see them havibg a protest and chanting thst because guess what would happen there that wouldnt in iran? remember in iran the mass protests there against the regime a few years ago? do u think that could ever happen in NK? use ur brain man. im no big fan of iran but u cant remotely compare the regimes

Besides anti-semitism I can't see a reason to be in love with Iran and keep in mind that an attack on Israel will certainly kickoff World War 3. North Korea takes a swing at any neighbor there will be hell to pay but not nearly on the global scale.

China won't put up with it and we are too far away. And the ruskies can't afford it.

WSS

Archived