Unsympathetic

CB Howard Wilson now out 2018 season as well

I thought he had a decent shot to at least make the roster this year.. too bad he'll be rehabbing again.

How to replace him on the roster without going the UDFA route?  They have Currie who played CB at times last season but I bet&hope they go for one of the supplemental players.

Perhaps they shouldn't have given up so quickly on Taylor...

lovely...injury prone.

He didn't reinjure anything. The Browns Drs opted to try intenseive physical therapy instead of surgery. That clearly didn't work so now they wait another year.

• Thanks 2

Lots of folks complaining about Dorsey spending a 4th rounder on Antonio Callaway because of the risk ... but this 4th rounder from last year may never see the field. Wasted pick.

Z

https://www.thefantasydoctors.com/a-closer-look-at-the-howard-wilson-injury-dr-morse/   2017 4th rd.pick #126-Howard Wilson..2018 4th rd. pick #105-Antonio Callaway..has had foot issues since Fla./Georgia game in 2015.In same game Nick Chubb gave way to sophomore Sony Michel due to knee..Hope Cab Calloway gets to pads.No football cardio with contact not for a while, becoming a looming concern.More 4th rounders..2014-#127 Pierre Desir..2015-#115 Ibraheim Campbell/#123-Vince Mayle..2016-#114-Ricardo Louis/#129-Derrick Kindred..

Too bad for Wilson but injuries happen. We are far better prepared this year depth wise. As far as the others go, I refuse to "buy problems". Let's see how things go before we start with the doomsday predictions, shall we?

Mike

31 minutes ago, Canton Mike said:

Too bad for Wilson but injuries happen. We are far better prepared this year depth wise. As far as the others go, I refuse to "buy problems". Let's see how things go before we start with the doomsday predictions, shall we?

Mike

In a way yes, a lot of weight rooms, drills, camps, preseason games before it's for real.

Injuries the great equalizer of sorts.

Each team deals with injuries or suspensions. When it used to happen to us we were fd. Now we have some pretty good depth for once. Man I wish the iron Man played just a few more seasons to see what we could do.

7 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

I thought he had a decent shot to at least make the roster this year.. too bad he'll be rehabbing again.

How to replace him on the roster without going the UDFA route?  They have Currie who played CB at times last season but I bet&hope they go for one of the supplemental players.

Perhaps they shouldn't have given up so quickly on Taylor...

Reading the article, I agree with one of the comments- lazy reporting. You don't "tear" a patella- it's a bone, you fracture it like Kyrie did a few years back. Was it a tendon tear, did he reinjure the knee he was rehabbing? We'll see.   

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, hoorta said:

Reading the article, I agree with one of the comments- lazy reporting. You don't "tear" a patella- it's a bone, you fracture it like Kyrie did a few years back. Was it a tendon tear, did he reinjure the knee he was rehabbing? We'll see.   

If we had any luck? We would have none at all. Many reports read Wilson had "torn his Patellar Tendon". Out 10-12 months. "They" had hoped it would heal naturally.(less risk or saves time?) Is the given reason surgery was not done on tendon earlier. More likely the reason why Wilson was riding the bike during start of 2018 OTA's. The 2015 ACL surgery was done on his Right leg. Not the same left leg, that knee cap simply cracked by defending a route with no contact, just running, 1st day of OTA practice last season..Howard Wilson had shown the ability at Houston to be a CB4 or 5 on this team even with new additions. now a total bummer, on 2 surgery repaired legs