THE BROWNS BOARD

CB Sam Beal worth a 2019 draft pick?

Unsympathetic

41 minutes ago, jrb12711 said:

I mean, in this system that would never happen. It took me a good bit to wrap my head around it but essentially boils down to three groups

1) non-playoff teams, 6 wins or less

2) non-playoff teams, 7 wins or more

3) playoff teams

Each one of these three groups is then "put in a hat" and given a draft position based on the random selection of that group. For example, the Browns group had 11 teams that met the criteria. The Raiders as I understand with a 6-10 record actually "won" the lottery and got first pick each round.

A) I get the grouping, as a attempt to keep league competitive. B.)how bout each team in group gets 1 paper in hat per loss?

21 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

4.61 40 as a CB? Underweight for his height? 

Dodged a wasted pick since it meant 2nd round to get him.

Rather hang onto that

Me too. Wonder when the media will get to how many teams bid a 3rd? that's his worth imo. Started as a WR, with not much experience at CB position.Watched Beal against Darnold, and the normal showed up.Beals can press cover,but when he loses, A) his team gives up a bunch of points B.) Beals stats are not great but his 1 on 1 coverage numbers are. Tough to guess on his next step up level..If BB Calhoun sticks as 4th/5th CB? we missed on nothing here imo..     

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

A) I get the grouping, as a attempt to keep league competitive. B.)how bout each team in group gets 1 paper in hat per loss?

Sure, I mean what you're describing is essentially how the NBA draft lottery goes about it. Who knows why they don't do it that way, I've looked for a reason and haven't found much. 

1 hour ago, jrb12711 said:

Sure, I mean what you're describing is essentially how the NBA draft lottery goes about it. Who knows why they don't do it that way, I've looked for a reason and haven't found much. 

Should the NFL go to a system like this for the regular draft so as to avoid "tanking"?

13 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Yes as soon as the Browns move out of the cellar. 😜

The league is catching up with us! J.Gordon is now freed from rogers hit list.Now all the refs can do is throw a flag for tackling him running open down the field. Maybe Roger can call it the Flash Gordon rule 👽 

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Should the NFL go to a system like this for the regular draft so as to avoid "tanking"?

Nah. The reason tanking in the NBA is so effective is that parity is almost non-existent. We know going into the season what teams are gonna be good and bad, so from the jump teams are already in tank mode. The NFL has way more parody, and way less games, for that type of system. The NBA does that in part so a team like the Cavs (let's be real) don't totally tank from day one, although it doesn't work well.

9 minutes ago, jrb12711 said:

Nah. The reason tanking in the NBA is so effective is that parity is almost non-existent. We know going into the season what teams are gonna be good and bad, so from the jump teams are already in tank mode. The NFL has way more parody, and way less games, for that type of system. The NBA does that in part so a team like the Cavs (let's be real) don't totally tank from day one, although it doesn't work well.

Did you mean parity.....or were you making a parody of the NFL's parity? :lol:

On 7/13/2018 at 11:54 AM, The Gipper said:

Come on Gip, NFL teams do tank- they're just less obvious about it. 

Can you agree the Sashi Browns set the bar on tanking? 

EDIT: How fast we forget the Colts "Suck for Luck".

9 hours ago, hoorta said:

Come on Gip, NFL teams do tank- they're just less obvious about it. 

Can you agree the Sashi Browns set the bar on tanking? 

Sounds like the 1960s Indians they tanked every year. :lol:

On 7/15/2018 at 5:23 PM, TexasAg1969 said:

Where did I put that Steelers voodoo doll anyway?💩

You flushed it Bill. Just take another crap & stick a needle in it!  😈

Mike 

Archived