Iranian official admits Iran's role in 9/11

htownbrown

Iran Admits To Facilitating 9/11 Terror Attacks

Top Iranian official admits for first time Iran aided al Qaeda terrorists

GettyImages-1161118.jpg

9/11 / Getty Images

BY: Adam Kredo 
June 8, 2018 6:03 pm

Iranian officials, in a first, have admitted to facilitating the 9/11 terrorist attacks in the U.S. by secretly aiding the free travel of al Qaeda operatives who eventually went on to fly commercial airliners into the Twin Towers in New York City, according to new remarks from a senior Iranian official.

Mohammad-Javad Larijani, an international affairs assistant in the Iran's judiciary, disclosed in Farsi-language remarks broadcast on Iran's state-controlled television that Iranian intelligence officials secretly helped provide the al Qaeda attackers with passage and gave them refuge in the Islamic Republic, according to an English translation published by Al Arabiya.

"Our government agreed not to stamp the passports of some of them because they were on transit flights for two hours, and they were resuming their flights without having their passports stamped. However their movements were under the complete supervision of the Iranian intelligence," Larijani was quoted as saying.

The remarks represent the first time senior Iranian officials have publicly admitted to aiding al Qaeda and playing a direct role in facilitating the 9/11 attacks.

The U.S. government has long accused Iran of playing a role in the attacks and even fined the Islamic Republic billions as a result. The U.S. 9/11 Commission assembled to investigate the attacks concluded that Iran played a role in facilitating the al Qaeda terrorists.

Larijani admitted that Iranian officials did not stamp the passports of the al Qaeda militants in order to obfuscate their movements and prevent detection by foreign governments. Al Qaeda operative also were given safe refuge in Iran.

"The Americans took this as evidence of Iran's cooperation with al-Qaeda and viewed the passage of an airplane through Iran's airspace, which had one of the pilots who carried out the attacks and a Hezbollah military leader sitting [next to] him on board, as evidence of direct cooperation with al-Qaeda through the Lebanese Hezbollah," Larijani was quoted as saying in the May 30 interview, which is gaining traction on social media.

The U.S. government has not formally commented on the interview, but did highlight it in an official tweet from the State Department’s Arabic-only Twitter page.

This entry was posted in National Security and tagged Al Qaeda, Iran, Terrorism. Bookmark the permalink.
6078e030937f549980e3267a97b69dfe?s=68&d=

Adam Kredo   Email Adam | Full Bio |RSS
Adam Kredo is senior writer reporting on national security and foreign policy matters for the Washington Free Beacon. An award-winning political reporter who has broken news from across the globe, Kredo’s work has been featured in the Wall Street Journal, the Weekly Standard, Commentary Magazine, the Drudge Report, and the Jerusalem Post, among many others. His Twitter handle is @Kredo0.

img?mt_id=116575&mt_adid=102639&v1=&v2=&v3=&s1=&s2=&s3=

1 hour ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Because we all know that Iran loves the USA.

no,  but what the illiterate uneducated masses like uself dont know/realize is that sunni's and shia's hate each other more tgan the great satan. infact they blame each other fir the rise of satan. if not fir the schism in islam the u.s would never have come to power, is their view. so nothing on earth us worse to a sunni than a shia and vice versa, hence why this civil war between em has been going for 1000+ years.

and there was my daily charity. doing what i can to raise up the great unwashed masses.

6 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Thanks Dexter.

WSS

Given the timing of it and certain complexes realizing the only way America invades Iran is with public support that they currently don't have....   

It's not the craziest of the theories that have been floated out there.    

1 hour ago, tiamat63 said:

Given the timing of it and certain complexes realizing the only way America invades Iran is with public support that they currently don't have....   

It's not the craziest of the theories that have been floated out there.    

^^^^^^this

have we all forgotten the pre iraq war bullsht we were fed? has too much time passed for u attention deficit order babies?

22 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

iran would not help a sunni organization like al quida, even against the "great satan" america. this is anti iranian propaganda likely from israel. 

Stuart

You somehow know that for a fact that under no circumstances would a leader in state sponsored terrorism help Al Qaeda? Amazing.

Funny how the denial gets stronger as the evidence gets stronger. Here we have a video and an English translation gift wrapped for you and you ain't hearing none of it. You people are a trip.

The English translation was published by Al Arabiya, a Saudi news outlet. Obviously you have no knowledge of Saudi - Iranian relations otherwise you would have played your propaganda card against the Saudis.

"Most likely from Israel" LO fukkin L

8 hours ago, StinkHole said:

Stuart

You somehow know that for a fact that under no circumstances would a leader in state sponsored terrorism help Al Qaeda? Amazing.

Funny how the denial gets stronger as the evidence gets stronger. Here we have a video and an English translation gift wrapped for you and you ain't hearing none of it. You people are a trip.

The English translation was published by Al Arabiya, a Saudi news outlet. Obviously you have no knowledge of Saudi - Iranian relations otherwise you would have played your propaganda card against the Saudis.

"Most likely from Israel" LO fukkin L

i know full well the relationship between the saudi's and the iranians. what would you like me to educate u on son? 

I would like to know how you debunked the video?  Is he not an Iranian official?  Was the translation fabricated?  Was a Israeli pretending to be a Iranian? 

31 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

i know full well the relationship between the saudi's and the iranians. what would you like me to educate u on son? 

no idea. but we are in tbe era of bullsht. its amazi g to me that everything that comes from the "msm" is bullsht but some fcking farsi video is the whole truth and notbing but the truth because it reinforces a certain narrative about iran. im sick and fcking tired of looking at chopped non contextual videos from our own media im sure as hell not going to learn farsi and pour through iranian archives. im done with all of u quite frankly

i didnt start those standards. im curious as to why YOU think it must be true despite u not knowing a word of farsi nor have any personal idea of the context only what you've been spoon fed like a child. this is exactly what cobservatives have been complaiming about with the msm. the hpocrisy of both sides never ever ceases to profoundly disturb me

I never claimed is was a true interpretation, that I knew Farsi, or that you were wrong.  I'm perfectly fine being debunked, no hard feelings about that.  That's the point of sharing information.  You've made a valid point it could be propaganda, but so far presented nothing to suggest it is.

Archived