THE BROWNS BOARD

Former Brown Winslow arrested for burglary

4 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

And Jim Brown won nothing until the Browns put a high-performance passing attack around him with Frank Ryan throwing to Gary Collins and Paul Warfield. 

Well Jim Brown did win 8 of 9 NFL rushing titles during his reign but yes only ONE ring......before he decided to go play army man in the Dirty Dozen.

The Packers and Colts basically crowded him out of any shot at more titles. It's both who you play and when you play that can determine how many championships you get a shot at in any sport. 

9 hours ago, mjp28 said:

The Packers and Colts basically crowded him out of any shot at more titles. It's both who you play and when you play that can determine how many championships you get a shot at in any sport. 

There is that!  We got screwed by the Steelers and Broncos when we had Kosar.

.....and it was the Packers & Cowboys.....we beat the Colts.

- using my brand new laptop right now.  just got it set up.  isn't it great?   (my Vaio crapped out a couple of weeks ago)

10 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Well Jim Brown did win 8 of 9 NFL rushing titles during his reign but yes only ONE ring......before he decided to go play army man in the Dirty Dozen.

I said it a bunch of times to the guys who wanted us to draft Barkley. RBs don't win championships, at least not many unless they have a great team around them like Emmett Smith. 

http://www.espn.com/nfl/history/leaders/_/stat/rushlead

3 hours ago, hoorta said:

I said it a bunch of times to the guys who wanted us to draft Barkley. RBs don't win championships, at least not many unless they have a great team around them like Emmett Smith. 

http://www.espn.com/nfl/history/leaders/_/stat/rushlead

The Browns can't even win a fukcking game.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Orion said:

There is that!  We got screwed by the Steelers and Broncos when we had Kosar.

.....and it was the Packers & Cowboys.....we beat the Colts.

- using my brand new laptop right now.  just got it set up.  isn't it great?   (my Vaio crapped out a couple of weeks ago)

NFL Championships in the Jim Brown era, I was ages 6 to 14 back them I remember the later years!

1957 NFL Detroit Lions (4) 59–14 Cleveland Browns Briggs Stadium 55,263
1958 NFL Baltimore Colts (1) 23–17 (OT) New York Giants Yankee Stadium 64,185
1959 NFL Baltimore Colts (2) 31–16 New York Giants Memorial Stadium 57,545
1960 NFL Philadelphia Eagles (3) 17–13 Green Bay Packers Franklin Field 67,325
1961 NFL Green Bay Packers (7) 37–0 New York Giants "New" City Stadium 39,029
1962 NFL Green Bay Packers (8) 16–7 New York Giants Yankee Stadium 64,892
1963 NFL Chicago Bears (8) 14–10 New York Giants Wrigley Field 45,801
1964 NFL Cleveland Browns (4) 27–0 Baltimore Colts Cleveland Municipal Stadium 79,544
1965 NFL Green Bay Packers (9) 23–12 Cleveland Browns Lambeau Field 50,777

The BROWNS were champions once and runnerup twice.

And look at the NY football Giants the Buffalo Bills of their day. The Cowboys, Raiders, Broncos -and- Steelers and others weren't in the picture yet.

3 hours ago, mjp28 said:

NFL Championships in the Jim Brown era, I was ages 6 to 14 back them I remember the later years!

1957 NFL Detroit Lions (4) 59–14 Cleveland Browns Briggs Stadium 55,263
1958 NFL Baltimore Colts (1) 23–17 (OT) New York Giants Yankee Stadium 64,185
1959 NFL Baltimore Colts (2) 31–16 New York Giants Memorial Stadium 57,545
1960 NFL Philadelphia Eagles (3) 17–13 Green Bay Packers Franklin Field 67,325
1961 NFL Green Bay Packers (7) 37–0 New York Giants "New" City Stadium 39,029
1962 NFL Green Bay Packers (8) 16–7 New York Giants Yankee Stadium 64,892
1963 NFL Chicago Bears (8) 14–10 New York Giants Wrigley Field 45,801
1964 NFL Cleveland Browns (4) 27–0 Baltimore Colts Cleveland Municipal Stadium 79,544
1965 NFL Green Bay Packers (9) 23–12 Cleveland Browns Lambeau Field 50,777

The BROWNS were champions once and runnerup twice.

And look at the NY football Giants the Buffalo Bills of their day. The Cowboys, Raiders, Broncos -and- Steelers and others weren't in the picture yet.

The Steelers certainly were "in the picture" in that they did exist....but they just sucked.

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

The Steelers certainly were "in the picture" in that they did exist....but they just sucked.

I was referring mainly to the playoff picture back then, no wild cards either.

But from 1933 - 1970+ they royally sucked......but don't try and tell a steelrz fan that. :lol:

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, mjp28 said:

The Cowboys, Raiders, Broncos -and- Steelers and others weren't in the picture yet.

As I recall the Cowboys kept us out of some championship games back then.

37 minutes ago, Orion said:

As I recall the Cowboys kept us out of some championship games back then.

The Cowboys started in 1960, knocked the BROWNS out in 1967 and won the first super bowl in 1971 and because America's Team...... (((barf))).

• 11 months later...
On 6/19/2018 at 1:50 AM, Ghoolie said:

The Browns can't even win a fukcking game.

Damn, Zombo missed this one- And Ghoolie can't even behave on the last message board that would let him post on.  :)  

3 hours ago, htownbrown said:

Um, look the other way? He's gonna do some serious time in the slammer. As far as the Browns go- he's ancient history. 

12 hours ago, htownbrown said:

How can you criticize a guy who is always pulling for his team?

l can’t claim credit for that but thought it was pretty good. 

Seriously though, that’s like Twilight Zone shit. I can’t imagine what it was like to be poor Romeo trying to counsel a guy that public pud pulling is not ok. 

6 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

Seriously though, that’s like Twilight Zone shit. I can’t imagine what it was like to be poor Romeo trying to counsel a guy that public pud pulling is not ok. 

Woody Allen couldn't write this stuff.

I guess Romeo should've whacked his pee-pee with a ruler.  

All the good news.... And in 1 yesterday..I've read about A.) a former Browns, Tuggie Soldier with toys.. B.) Hue's TwatWaffle lover Adam Silver, banging Baker's Bakery for hurting feelings  C.) than more of twatwaffle Silver, shining up some, Todd Munchkin & Kitchens can't Crayola color up a playbook....D.) All followed up by reading MKC's response to each 😂... Decided we needed a cabin lake weekend away with the kids.. A no Wifi weekend away from these media meatheads..Happy Fathers Day gents 🍻.. Gone Fishin" (down to rock bottom again;) apparently) sign is out..Read ya, Come MonDay 👍  Cheers!    

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

Undiagnosed fairly severe personality disorder.. I'm neither angry nor shocked, I'm more sad for the rest of his family [Kellen Sr] who by all accounts are pretty decent folk.

Was stationed in Coronado, CA for a few years when his father played for the Chargers.  Great player without a doubt.

• Upvote 1