THE BROWNS BOARD

Former Brown Winslow arrested for burglary

Very sad to see this...Now when I think of this.. and the stupid bike stuff.. And then I think of how Big Ben could've been drafted by the Browns.. BUT! BUT! BUT! the great Andrew "Butch" Davis intervened.. And drafted "WIN-SLOW"... There's that sound that goes "THUD" And your heart sinks back to reality.. But this year figures to be different.. "fingers crossed"

6 minutes ago, Dawgs89 said:

He might get the Darren Sharper treatment. I'll never understand how rich athletes do this to themselves.

If nothing else maybe he can be a lesson to young people especially star athletes coming up what not to do.

Make $43 million in 10 years and end up looking at the rest of your life in the slammer. Unreal.

• Sad 1

On 6/15/2018 at 4:47 AM, nickers said:

Very sad to see this...Now when I think of this.. and the stupid bike stuff.. And then I think of how Big Ben could've been drafted by the Browns.. BUT! BUT! BUT! the great Andrew "Butch" Davis intervened.. And drafted "WIN-SLOW"... There's that sound that goes "THUD" And your heart sinks back to reality.. But this year figures to be different.. "fingers crossed"

Was that before or after he drafted the invisible work ethic of Gerrard Warren over LaDanian Tomlinson at #3 overall?   It is VERY sad to see this; but dangerous/aggressive animals belong in cages. There is no defending multiple rape allegations like Stink always does for Ben Riden&Rapen. He had a lot in common with Winslow from the motor cycle riding gone wrong to the female victim count hitting the plural.  Rooney had to cover that up and get it all quieted at warped speed as much as Joe PA had to perpetuate the extended look away in PA's other version of "Win at all costs."

Here's what I remember about Winslow.  Big time prospect that came from a decent family and dated/married a hottie - in spite of his brat-like tendencies seen on television. The guy even wanted to play on the kick block units, where he broke his arm after blocking a kick in a game we won largely because of it. Prior to the hitting a parking lot speed bump at about 55 mph, he had a very promising NFL career ahead.  Before injury rendered him to blocking from a pogo stick, he was a really good blocker downfield at the U while he was decent at setting the edge.  Multiple surgeries later, a fraction of him had a couple productive seasons inclusive of 1 Pro Bowl during our 10-6 season in 2007.  

47 minutes ago, Flugel said:

Was that before or after he drafted the invisible work ethic of Gerrard Warren over LaDanian Tomlinson at #3 overall?   It is VERY sad to see this; but dangerous/aggressive animals belong in cages. There is no defending multiple rape allegations like Stink always does for Ben Riden&Rapen. He had a lot in common with Winslow from the motor cycle riding gone wrong to the female victim count hitting the plural.  Rooney had to cover that up and get it all quieted at warped speed as much as Joe PA had to perpetuate the extended look away in PA's other version of "Win at all costs."

Here's what I remember about Winslow.  Big time prospect that came from a decent family and dated/married a hottie - in spite of his brat-like tendencies seen on television. The guy even wanted to play on the kick block units, where he broke his arm after blocking a kick in a game we won largely because of it. Prior to the hitting a parking lot speed bump at about 55 mph, he had a very promising NFL career ahead.  Before injury rendered him to blocking from a pogo stick, he was a really good blocker downfield at the U while he was decent at setting the edge.  Multiple surgeries later, a fraction of him had a couple productive seasons inclusive of 1 Pro Bowl during our 10-6 season in 2007.  

I still contend that if he didn't have the motorcycle accident, he would have been a Hall of Famer. Kid was that good.

But man, what a spoiled brat. Karma has a way of catching up with people sometimes. 

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I still contend that if he didn't have the motorcycle accident, he would have been a Hall of Famer. Kid was that good.

But man, what a spoiled brat. Karma has a way of catching up with people sometimes. 

Hall of Fame potential talent, spoiled brat attitude and comments in college sure revealed his true character to come.

Some of the most mixed up spoiled kids I ever met in college  were from well to do or wealthy over indulgent families and when they crash and burn many from drugs the parents wonder what went wrong.

Meanwhile some of the "normal" good hardworking kids seemed to do better in life, amazing isn't it?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Kvoethe said:

Heard the legal team is gonna plead CTE.

What that has to do with raping grannies I have no idea.

The Aaron Hernandez defence? But CTE truly can only be found if you're dead and they slice your brain up.,

Maybe they'll attack it from a behavioral angle, still a bad PR event for the NFL and tackle football. 

Former NFL Star May Spend Life in Prison

Sports 1 HOUR AGO NEWSER — NEWSER EDITORS

Kellen Winslow Jr. is a former NFL Pro Bowl player who was once the highest-paid tight end in the league. He's also the son of a Hall of Famer.

But prosecutors say Winslow is something else now: a kidnapper, rapist, and burglar. The 34-year-old has been jailed in Vista, Calif., and faces life in prison if convicted, reports the AP.

Authorities accuse him of a crime spree that includes the kidnapping and rape of a 54-year-old homeless woman in March and a 59-year-old homeless woman in May.

He is also accused of breaking into at least two homes and of exposing himself in a public place. Winslow played 10 seasons in the NFL, which prompts USA Today to float the possibility that CTE, or chronic traumatic encephalopathy, could play a role in his defense.

One big problem with that is CTE can currently be diagnosed only after death, but a defense attorney says the symptoms associated with the condition—such as depression and dementia—could be raised.

"The nature of the facts around this case raise huge red flags," says San Diego lawyer M. Dod Ghassemkhani. "There could be an underlying mental illness that has been untreated." It's possible such a defense could at least lessen the punishment that Winslow receives if convicted.

He played in the league from 2004-13 with Cleveland, Tampa Bay, New England, and the New York Jets. (The question of CTE hovers over the case of another former NFL player who ended up in prison.)

9 hours ago, LBC mike said:

86? So if he pleads CTE, sorry- that doesn't absolve you from knowing right from wrong. Looking at the back story, amazing he wasn't picked up sooner. Multiple felony offences. 

What 30 year old wants to get it on with grandma? 

7 minutes ago, hoorta said:

86? So if he pleads CTE, sorry- that doesn't absolve you from knowing right from wrong. Looking at the back story, amazing he wasn't picked up sooner. Multiple felony offences. 

What 30 year old wants to get it on with grandma? 

Stiffler's mom was hot. 

• Haha 1

On 6/15/2018 at 3:47 AM, nickers said:

Nick,  I hope you are right. I have always maintained that the reason the Browns continue to suck is that they have purposely refused to participate in drafting the very top tier playmakers. Winslow, Manziel, Quinn, and we refuse Big Ben, Petersen, Wenz, and on it goes. I want this team to win, because honestly another losing season pretty much will have me bored to death. My interest is on its last leg as it is. 

If I am being honest, I believe the Browns completely fukced up another draft. I believe the proper draft was Barkley at #1, and whichever of the three 6"5" top QBs was left at #4. My gut tells me this is going to be another year of watching the guys we didn't take run wild. Sadly, if we do blow this again, it's time to find a new team No more "rebuilding" for me.

16 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

I believe the proper draft was Barkley at #1

It's June 2018.  What's different now than it was in June 2012 when we drafted Trent Richardson?  (you have to put Richardson's failure out of your mind....because we're comparing now to June 2012)

------

Butch Davis was lousy.  He drafted Gerard Big Money Warren, when all the scouts told him Richard Seymour was the pick.   And he drafted Winslow...who had a 15 yard unsportsman-like penalty in just about every game he ever played.  He was a dope then and a dope now.

8 hours ago, Orion said:

It's June 2018.  What's different now than it was in June 2012 when we drafted Trent Richardson?  (you have to put Richardson's failure out of your mind....because we're comparing now to June 2012)

------

Butch Davis was lousy.  He drafted Gerard Big Money Warren, when all the scouts told him Richard Seymour was the pick.   And he drafted Winslow...who had a 15 yard unsportsman-like penalty in just about every game he ever played.  He was a dope then and a dope now.

He's waffling.

He loves this draft, thinks Dorsey really nailed it out of the park. Good times for the Browns are on the horizon boys!...… You know what boys, I think the Browns blew this draft... Browns are going to keep sucking... The NFL sucks, I'm going to watch the XFL... scratch that, I'll pick another NFL team... 

Typical attention trolling. 

3 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

He's waffling.

He loves this draft, thinks Dorsey really nailed it out of the park. Good times for the Browns are on the horizon boys!...… You know what boys, I think the Browns blew this draft... Browns are going to keep sucking... The NFL sucks, I'm going to watch the XFL... scratch that, I'll pick another NFL team... 

Typical attention trolling. 

Did Donald Trump hack Ghoolie's account or vice versa?  The predictability factor is parked on WTF.

Poor Clark Kent has to be all bummed out learning that all he ever really needed was 2 tiny hands and a Twitter account on steroids... 

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Nick,  I hope you are right. I have always maintained that the reason the Browns continue to suck is that they have purposely refused to participate in drafting the very top tier playmakers. Winslow, Manziel, Quinn, and we refuse Big Ben, Petersen, Wenz, and on it goes. I want this team to win, because honestly another losing season pretty much will have me bored to death. My interest is on its last leg as it is. 

If I am being honest, I believe the Browns completely fukced up another draft. I believe the proper draft was Barkley at #1, and whichever of the three 6"5" top QBs was left at #4. My gut tells me this is going to be another year of watching the guys we didn't take run wild. Sadly, if we do blow this again, it's time to find a new team No more "rebuilding" for me.

Well Tom..

One can only go on so long bitching about the team,etc. At some point the pendulum , does swing your way... Eventually.. As long as Hue just plays team administrator.. I'm cool with that as long as he's letting the Coaches, coach.. Staying out of team scouts way. And Jimmy and Dee follow suit... I'm not that big a Barkley fan..... I thought Rashaad Penny looked a litt better.. But.. I think this kid Nick Chubb we drafted , could be special... He's elusive as hell.. Hes gonna have get up to NFL shape.. But once he does,,, I think this kid can do well for us...Baker seems to be doing well... I'm expecting this team to be fun to watch...

EDIT: Next time Training Camp resumes , they do it in pads!!!.. Then we'll see what we've got!

On 6/15/2018 at 2:15 PM, DieHardBrownsFan said:

What a jackoff his Father must be. LOL. Father day present... Hey KW Sr., how do you feel about your Son's aspirations to take penis in his soldier asss? LMAO. LMAO. Applauding what has happened to this kid. LMAO................We traded UP to get him. LMAO.

22 hours ago, Orion said:

------

I didn't want Trent Richardson. I hated that Shmucking pick. When I quoted Jim Brown as saying Trent was ordinary, you guys went ballistic. Really, you guys are fukcking jackoffs. There is no commonality between Barkley and Richardson. Nothing at all. Oh, they played the same positions? Ahhhhh... I see,   so as long as you draft someone at a position, it doens't matter how well they play, all that matters is that you can come back and say.... hey, we tried a RB before it didn't work. SO then, why draft a QB? We did that before, too.

Again, I am past the annual "I told you so" of all the years past. THere is no more fun watching you guys run and hide after this board is flooded with " Ghoolie Was Right Again" posts.

Saying that Dosey "nailed it" before a single game is played, is just more annual browns fans arrogant, self-important BS of "we are way smarter than the rest of the teams", only to watch Big Ben, Wenz, Petersen etc etc etc help their team win while we go 1 - 31. I support Dorsey because honestly, at 0 - 8, I will be bored out of Browns town.

If it were my team, I would have drafted the best player first, and taken one of the even  money  BIG QBs at #4. My beef with this franchise is that they purposely refrain from taking the top playmakers in the draft.

We will see if Dorsey knows something I don't.

2 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

I didn't want Trent Richardson. I hated that Shmucking pick. When I quoted Jim Brown as saying Trent was ordinary, you guys went ballistic

ok.  I wasn't on this board back then.  I had no clue of your take on Richardson before he played a down with us.  But I can tell you this, I don't value the RB position as highly as you do......because I live in New England and have watched the Patriots win super bowls with washed up RB's.  I view the league as an offensive, passing league first and foremost.

....oh, and when Richardson started out pretty good with us, Jim Brown changed his tune into, "I see some of myself in Trent Richardson."  Perhaps he was talking about his (Jim's) non willingness to block.

12 minutes ago, Orion said:

ok.  I wasn't on this board back then.  I had no clue of your take on Richardson before he played a down with us.  But I can tell you this, I don't value the RB position as highly as you do......because I live in New England and have watched the Patriots win super bowls with washed up RB's.  I view the league as an offensive, passing league first and foremost.

....oh, and when Richardson started out pretty good with us, Jim Brown changed his tune into, "I see some of myself in Trent Richardson."  Perhaps he was talking about his (Jim's) non willingness to block.

I think Jim was merely being kind and politically correct. He couldn't very well dis the kid after we drafted him. New England has lost a bunch of SB's too, so, that passing game isn't all it's cracked up to be?

Look, here is what you young pups and zealots continue to miss, year after year after year. Whatever football is today..............a passing game, a running game. it always changes, always has, always will....and, great players can change the game. They always have, and always will.

I can tell you this much, a human being, with talent and drive from God, will, 100% of the time, make you analytical, buzzword experts look like jackoffs. Barkley is that caliber of player. When a guy like him comes along, all the draft analysis goes out the window, and you take him. Case in point.................... If you didn't know the story, and I told you that a head coach with Jim Brown on his team, used a #1 pick to go get a Rookie FB, you would go on and on and on with analytics, and bullschidt about how you don't draft a RB when you have a great one. 

BUT.............you would be, as you are now, wrong.....100% wrong......... That is Exactly what Paul Brown Did. Gee Orion, if you were around back then you could have given your draft analysis bullschidt to PB and taught him something.

Sorry man, it doens't fukcing matter who is own your team, when you have a chance to take Barkley.....you don't take Baker................. WHO BY THE WAY.......would have been available at 4.

7 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

If you didn't know the story, and I told you that a head coach with Jim Brown on his team, used a #1 pick to go get a Rookie FB,

TOTALLY different era.  An era of if your weren't good enough to play offense, you played defense.  An era when you could run power sweeps.  

We're in a new century now.  Come join us.  (and still, our '64 championship was won with 3 TD passes)

...and the Patriots were going to trade with the Giants if Baker was there to draft.......and the Cards were going to trade with us at #4 but only if Baker was there (not if Barkley was there).

Do I know if Baker is going to be great?  No.  My crystal ball doesn't work too well.