THE BROWNS BOARD

Duke Johnson, Browns agree to 3 year extension

Dutch Oven

Good news, in my opinion. He has been the only consistent playmaker with no help at all during these years, so he's worth it.

I'm starting to like this front office more and more.  Duke would've been snatched up instantly, and if he's on a different team the past few seasons, his numbers would be much different.  Imagine him with the Patriots.  

And I love Duke.  Loved him in college despite playing for my team's rival.  As much as the Noles and Canes hated each other, every time Duke had the ball someone would help him off the ground or pat him on the head...from the Noles' defense.  That's respect.  

Only 5 TD's in his 5 years here...  I'm not seeing the logic in resigning him.

14 minutes ago, nickers said:

To be fair, the entire offense has only scored 7 TDs in that same time...... 

28 minutes ago, D Bone said:

To be fair, the entire offense has only scored 7 TDs in that same time...... 

Again.. It looks great on paper.. We've seen this before.. Then I remind myself.. Who is coaching this team.

29 minutes ago, nickers said:

Again.. It looks great on paper.. We've seen this before.. Then I remind myself.. Who is coaching this team.

Still this looks like an entirely new team minus a true 15 game rookie quarterback starter and Joe Thomas, has to be a major upgrade regardless of who's coaching. 

4 hours ago, nickers said:

This upcoming year will be his 4th. He has Lesean McCoy talent with the ball in his hands. Resgning him could give us so many options on the field at once. No more 8 men in the box Sheet. Because if they do, number 12 or 29 will be taking that quick slant to the house. 

Since Duke was drafted in 2015, Gordon was the only other offensive "plays makers" on the field. In which Gordon was hardly ever there. When you jog out the only one (Duke), it's taken away by defenses not having both or more on the field. I find this as a great signing knowing Duke can't be targeted as the only guy that may cause a offensive threat now. Duke's best years should be ahead of him with Haley running the offense with multiple weapons. If we can keep other threats on the field. I was shocked to read Duke played every game. His rookie season he carried the ball 104 times, most between the tackles & got rocked (few concussions) by some of the best head hunters in the AFCN. Glad Duke physically can rely on Chubb & Hyde to bang not just having Crow to lean on anymore. Dukes carries have decreased to 73 in 2016, about same with 82 in 2017. Against our division foes is where Duke seems to struggle with.Twice on tape per year. But if we keep the sole playmaker jersey off Duke, with others now on the paper? Just maybe things start to change into some wins on offense?..Hue Jackson needs to sink or swim as the results of his team as a unit. Hue's has already failed has a coach with a playcalling title..Congrats D U K E!!  

11 hours ago, nickers said:

Last year he was probably our best receiving weapon......and he can run the ball inside or out.  I like him.

There's this young gal researcher who always wears a Phillies baseball cap,  I told her I was a Browns fan and she tried so hard to say something good about us...finally she said, Oh!  You have that one good guy....ummm...he...um...., so I said, Duke.   And she said, YEAH, he's good.   :)

58 minutes ago, jcam222 said:

Chubb is a whole different game than Duke. Better question is why did we sign Hyde. That said I love the depth. 

rb's need reps more than any other position. barring injury one of tbosr guys is going to be very displeased with his lack of workload

On 6/8/2018 at 10:40 AM, nickers said:

He was a good player on an awful team. Now they see him in a key role on a winning team.

Good teams have players like this. As I have said many times, acquiring Landry and re-signing Duke is the best thing he could ever do for not only Taylor ... But Baker Mayfield. Mayfield should have a nice cockpit to step into once he's ready. Gotta find the LT, hopefully he's on the roster now.

Zombo

3 hours ago, Zombo said:

He was a good player on an awful team. Now they see him in a key role on a winning team.

Good teams have players like this. As I have said many times, acquiring Landry and re-signing Duke is the best thing he could ever do for not only Taylor ... But Baker Mayfield. Mayfield should have a nice Sockpit to step into once he's ready. Gotta find the LT, hopefully he's on the roster now.

Zombo

Totally agree.Even Brady has those quick little short yardage outlets that often turn into 1st downs. And he has those quick twitch sure handed mini-mites to carry it out. Now we do too.

On 6/8/2018 at 9:42 PM, Clevfan4life said:

why did we draft chubb then?

To establish a consistent deep running game to help the passing game?  Ball control, eat up the clock, keep the quarterbacks from getting as beat up as much?

Sounds like a plan......I guess. ;)

On 6/11/2018 at 6:19 PM, Dutch Oven said:

Are we really complaining about having potentially three talented RBs?

Wait!  We have three talented RB's?!  That won't be tolerated!

...I've heard a couple of interviews with Carlos Hyde now.  He shouldn't do interviews.  He's boring as hell.

Archived