THE BROWNS BOARD

Bad Food Day? Mine was today.

Ghoolie

I woke up hungry as all hell this morning and didn't really have time to eat right. I stopped at the gas station and got a small package of powdered sugar doughnuts and drank an ice water from the cooler in my car. This was enjoyable..........from there, yuck...............

My day was busy, so again for convenience, I went to Sonic. Acouple chili dogs, small order of chedder peppers and a vanilla coke. EH......Ater 1 dog, gave the other....actually, to a dog I saw roaming in the parking lot.

Had an orange and 2 peanut butter crackers, more ice water at 6, then went on a 4 -mile walk.

Came back needing food. I popped in a Red Baron hamburger pizza (thought it was sausage when I bought it).....OMG is that schidt NASTY............ENough salt to kill a whale. Knowing what happens to a pizza when it sits on the countertop, I took the one piece I bit into, and the rest of the pizza and threw it in the trash. Christ knows I am hungry.

So, I am sitting down with my pooch to watch Fear the Walking dead. I soaked about 12 mini carrots in red wine vinegar, rolled them in a really good dry rub BBQ seasoning, cut another orange and made 2 more peanut butter cracker set ups. 

I have for the most part got my eating under control, but Jesus, when you don't plan and are in a hurry, it is amazing the weird, nasty schidt you will eat. I bought 3 Red barron Pizzas for $10. THe one I baked and the two I didn't are in my trash.

Let's hear your food nastiness.

1 hour ago, Ghoolie said:

I woke up hungry as all hell this morning and didn't really have time to eat right. I stopped at the gas station and got a small package of powdered sugar doughnuts and drank an ice water from the cooler in my car. This was enjoyable..........from there, yuck...............

My day was busy, so again for convenience, I went to Sonic. Acouple chili dogs, small order of chedder peppers and a vanilla coke. EH......Ater 1 dog, gave the other....actually, to a dog I saw roaming in the parking lot.

Had an orange and 2 peanut butter crackers, more ice water at 6, then went on a 4 -mile walk.

Came back needing food. I popped in a Red Baron hamburger pizza (thought it was sausage when I bought it).....OMG is that schidt NASTY............ENough salt to kill a whale. Knowing what happens to a pizza when it sits on the countertop, I took the one piece I bit into, and the rest of the pizza and threw it in the trash. Christ knows I am hungry.

So, I am sitting down with my pooch to watch Fear the Walking dead. I soaked about 12 mini carrots in red wine vinegar, rolled them in a really good dry rub BBQ seasoning, cut another orange and made 2 more peanut butter cracker set ups. 

I have for the most part got my eating under control, but Jesus, when you don't plan and are in a hurry, it is amazing the weird, nasty schidt you will eat. I bought 3 Red barron Pizzas for $10. THe one I baked and the two I didn't are in my trash.

Let's hear your food nastiness.

I have never eaten at a Sonic, and I avoid gas station food like the plague, unless it's bagged Doritos. 

5 hours ago, hoorta said:

I have never eaten at a Sonic, and I avoid gas station food like the plague, unless it's bagged Doritos. 

Spent a lot of years traveling at least an hour to and from gigs. I was a master of the late-night gas station cuisine. My all-time favorite was 7-Eleven when they actually had their on commissary and there was a double chili burger called the big un.

WSS

On 6/5/2018 at 12:47 AM, hoorta said:

Actually Sonic has a decent hamburger with more stuff on it than you get at Micky Ds. Soft buns----not dry cardboard like others.

On 6/5/2018 at 6:08 AM, Westside Steve said:

Spent a lot of years traveling at least an hour to and from gigs. I was a master of the late-night gas station cuisine. My all-time favorite was 7-Eleven when they actually had their on commissary and there was a double chili burger called the big un.

WSS

Are you sure you don't have that mixed up with the chick on the front row?😜

On 6/5/2018 at 7:08 AM, Westside Steve said:

WSS

Not the big R-un as to the nearest gas station rest room.......also the source of great stories of road warriors. :lol:

.......I did like some classic small hot dog places like Jay's in Boardman, Jib Jab in Girard and my old favorite Stanley's Bar on Salt Springs Rd near the old US STEEL plant I worked at for 6 years and mill dive hangout after that.

You open the package and take out the meat patties and microwave them by themselves. Then you put in the bun for about 30 seconds with a moist napkin over the top. Then you put them together and add the condiments.

Once driving to Texas I ate Chinese food in Ohio got food poisoning and shitt my pants in West Memphis and couldn't find an open bathroom until I got to Texarkana.

WSS

On 6/5/2018 at 7:08 AM, Westside Steve said:

WSS

I remember it well.  I was visiting my brother in Parris Island, SC and he was dating some topless dancer out of Savannah, GA.  We would always stop at 7/11 and get one.

17 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

I remember it well.  I was visiting my brother in Parris Island, SC and he was dating some topless dancer out of Savannah, GA.  We would always stop at 7/11 and get one.

I was in Savannah just today. Did not see the topless 💃 

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

She'd be about 60 or so today, if she's still alive......

Ahhhhh yes reminiscing about our younger days, I knew some great chick's......when I was in and just out of college -but- they're probably all grandma's now.:lol:

Oh well I've been married 37 years now I'm good there.

Archived