THE BROWNS BOARD

Ghoolie is a Homo, this we know.

Ghoolie

I posted my positions on Hue, in the jump in the lake thread, so I am not going to double the effort, save to say that this guy's life cannot have been easy the last 2 years. I admire his grit. What a mess. I don't think many of us would have fought through it and kept our job, let alone our sanity. 

For whatever the reason, I have had my fill of horse-schidt. It's time to win football games.

Perhaps I just finally shed off the snake-skin of having no team and watching loss and ridicule. Maybe I needed a good 19-year bowel movement to get back to my self? I really don't know WTF it is, but I know this.....

• Im tired of going to Vegas in the fall and not enjoying the Browns beating someone's butt
  • I miss rubbing the reality of our rich tradition into the face of FRAKS
  • I can still remember the looks on the faces of fellow Browns fans the very last game we played in Muni. jesus, Joseph and Mary, this has never just been about stupid butt football. Friends, family, the times of our lives..............intertwined with our Brownies. We deserve our Christmas table back.
  • I think some in these recent times of my dear friend, Kathy Hutchins, Mom, to those of us who began this board. I attended the season opener with her, Furnier, and Eric. I got drunk with her two nights before and lamented my sorrow for not joining her for the big gala at Muni before they tore it down. I just couldn't say goodbye to the place. 

I have pissed a lot of you guys off over the years, and feel no remorse for it, (fukck you if you can't take it), however, it is time for this team, fan base and media to talk, breathe, eat and schidt Browns football again. The reset we wanted? We got. This, to me, is year one.

Fukck all the feelings about " yeah, here we go again". That schidt is in the past. It has no bearing on this season. I hope the media and fans stay away from the sidebars and focus on energizing this team. If you don't believe that an energized fan base makes a difference to a team, to men, to competitors, then you don't understand the human condition.

We are going to have the best season in a long, long time. We will win opening day. Youth, youth and spirit. his team will win early and there will be an overflow of people cheering and jumping on board. You watch......THESE..............are the good old days.

Yeah, there's some of us that went to "the Final Play" at the old stadium before they tore it down. I know Kathy was there, some I don't remember anymore, Alzheimers must be setting in. and a few others that have fallen by the wayside over the years. Metal Marte, Bees Indy. 

I got D-ick Schafrath's autograph, and a chunk of the stadium turf that I managed to keep alive for many years. 

I'm more hopeful this season than I've been for several years- but hey we're the Browns anything that can go wrong- will.  

I remember the last game I saw of the Browns. Of all places to watch it, I was with a Steelers fan. I remember loosing that game pretty badly and the Steelers guy falling backwards into the end zone with the last touchdown scored against us. I remember our guys doing laps around the outside of the field high fiving fans for the last time.

I remember the next Halloween wearing my beloved Browns jersey with permanent marker written on the back "Disgruntled Browns Fan" with "Shmuck MODELL" written all over it. I was bitter for many years.. Then I was married and had my first kid and then they came back... Only to watch that first game with the same Steeler's fan and watch us lose horribly yet again... That season was tough but I was hopeful..

Kelly Holcomb taking us to the Playoffs for the first time. I was there on the last game of the season against the Falcons at our new stadium. I screamed my voice out for a week and broke my thumb literally high fiving someone.. I was really hopeful even though we lost a heartbreaker to the Shmucking Steelers yet again....

I remember beating the Steelers for the first time as well. Was listening in on the radio while my wife was in the store.. I remember almost denting the roof of my car pounding on it as the last minute touchdown sealed the win....

My kids were there during the pre-season when Johnny Manziel threw his first touchdown.. I thought that this was it.. My kids would finally get to see what Browns Football was about... Then nothing.

I have been beat down so many times that last year I gave up. I was hopeful that our newest QB sensation would turn the tide, but not really. I didn't watch a single game last year. I would just turn in on Monday and check the scores and sigh yet again........

I can't admit this to anyone now because it has become a running joke... I am VERY VERY Hopeful for the first in a long time for this team.. 

I want to tell the next smug piece of Sheet that makes a Browns joke at my expense to go Shmuck themselves because this year we finally have our Sheet together... I think the players in our clubhouse this year are special and the only thing that is going to ruin this year is our coach.. I am not sold yet on Hue, but I absolutely agree with the decisions to keep him even as bad as his record has been...

We needed this building time.. And we have built wisely in my opinion.. 3 years of absolute butt hurt embarrassment to get us here, but HERE WE ARE...

This year IS going to be different.. Mark it!!!

BOBPound!

1 hour ago, BobPOUND! said:

I remember the last game I saw of the Browns. Of all places to watch it, I was with a Steelers fan. I remember loosing that game pretty badly and the Steelers guy falling backwards into the end zone with the last touchdown scored against us. I remember our guys doing laps around the outside of the field high fiving fans for the last time.

I remember the next Halloween wearing my beloved Browns jersey with permanent marker written on the back "Disgruntled Browns Fan" with "Shmuck MODELL" written all over it. I was bitter for many years.. Then I was married and had my first kid and then they came back... Only to watch that first game with the same Steeler's fan and watch us lose horribly yet again... That season was tough but I was hopeful..

Kelly Holcomb taking us to the Playoffs for the first time. I was there on the last game of the season against the Falcons at our new stadium. I screamed my voice out for a week and broke my thumb literally high fiving someone.. I was really hopeful even though we lost a heartbreaker to the Shmucking Steelers yet again....

I remember beating the Steelers for the first time as well. Was listening in on the radio while my wife was in the store.. I remember almost denting the roof of my car pounding on it as the last minute touchdown sealed the win....

My kids were there during the pre-season when Johnny Manziel threw his first touchdown.. I thought that this was it.. My kids would finally get to see what Browns Football was about... Then nothing.

I have been beat down so many times that last year I gave up. I was hopeful that our newest QB sensation would turn the tide, but not really. I didn't watch a single game last year. I would just turn in on Monday and check the scores and sigh yet again........

I can't admit this to anyone now because it has become a running joke... I am VERY VERY Hopeful for the first in a long time for this team.. 

I want to tell the next smug piece of Sheet that makes a Browns joke at my expense to go Shmuck themselves because this year we finally have our Sheet together... I think the players in our clubhouse this year are special and the only thing that is going to ruin this year is our coach.. I am not sold yet on Hue, but I absolutely agree with the decisions to keep him even as bad as his record has been...

We needed this building time.. And we have built wisely in my opinion.. 3 years of absolute butt hurt embarrassment to get us here, but HERE WE ARE...

This year IS going to be different.. Mark it!!!

BOBPound!

So how old is that oldest kid now, that has never seen the Browns win a playoff game?

Zombo

On 6/5/2018 at 12:44 AM, hoorta said:

Yeah, there's some of us that went to "the Final Play" at the old stadium before they tore it down. I know Kathy was there, some I don't remember anymore, Alzheimers must be setting in. and a few others that have fallen by the wayside over the years. Metal Marte, Bees Indy. 

I got D-ick Schafrath's autograph, and a chunk of the stadium turf that I managed to keep alive for many years. 

I'm more hopeful this season than I've been for several years- but hey we're the Browns anything that can go wrong- will.  

It has been ages since we both were hopeful. I think it is a good Omen, Larry. I pray that my summer seems endless to me, but each year, when fall comes, football in the air is still very exciting.

On 6/4/2018 at 7:15 PM, Ghoolie said:

I posted my positions on Hue, in the jump in the lake thread, so I am not going to double the effort, save to say that this guy's life cannot have been easy the last 2 years. I admire his grit. What a mess. I don't think many of us would have fought through it and kept our job, let alone our sanity. 

For whatever the reason, I have had my fill of horse-schidt. It's time to win football games.

Perhaps I just finally shed off the snake-skin of having no team and watching loss and ridicule. Maybe I needed a good 19-year bowel movement to get back to my self? I really don't know WTF it is, but I know this.....

• Im tired of going to Vegas in the fall and not enjoying the Browns beating someone's butt
  • I can still remember the looks on the faces of fellow Browns fans the very last game we played in Muni. jesus, Joseph and Mary, this has never just been about stupid butt football. Friends, family, the times of our lives..............intertwined with our Brownies. We deserve our Christmas table back.
  • I think some in these recent times of my dear friend, Kathy Hutchins, Mom, to those of us who began this board. I attended the season opener with her, Furnier, and Eric. I got drunk with her two nights before and lamented my sorrow for not joining her for the big gala at Muni before they tore it down. I just couldn't say goodbye to the place. 

I have pissed a lot of you guys off over the years, and feel no remorse for it, (fukck you if you can't take it), however, it is time for this team, fan base and media to talk, breathe, eat and schidt Browns football again. The reset we wanted? We got. This, to me, is year one.

Fukck all the feelings about " yeah, here we go again". That schidt is in the past. It has no bearing on this season. I hope the media and fans stay away from the sidebars and focus on energizing this team. If you don't believe that an energized fan base makes a difference to a team, to men, to competitors, then you don't understand the human condition.

We are going to have the best season in a long, long time. We will win opening day. Youth, youth and spirit. his team will win early and there will be an overflow of people cheering and jumping on board. You watch......THESE..............are the good old days.

...you're drunk again...

On 6/7/2018 at 10:02 PM, Orion said:

...you're drunk again...

I don't really drink to that excess. I may be smelling too many dog farts. WHo knows.?

On 6/5/2018 at 9:50 AM, Zombo said:

So how old is that oldest kid now, that has never seen the Browns win a playoff game?

Zombo

Good question.  The oldest kid that has never seen them win a Championship is 54 years old. 

11 hours ago, Flugel said:

Good question.  The oldest kid that has never seen them win a Championship is 54 years old. 

And they wouldn't remember it either. I'd say 58 is the cutoff.  To date myself, I was 5 when Otto played his last game, and I don't remember it on the old black & white sets. BTW, unless you were rich, you couldn't afford one back then. One of the more interesting birthday gifts I've ever gotten was a copy of the NY Times on the day I was born. Nothing earth shattering happened, but it was a Sunday, and the interest was perusing items for sale. Back then, you could have bought a 4 bedroom house on Long Island for $12,500. Cars ran $1,000 or less. Those newfangled TVs were $500 bucks.  :)  

11 hours ago, hoorta said:

And they wouldn't remember it either. I'd say 58 is the cutoff.  To date myself, I was 5 when Otto played his last game, and I don't remember it on the old black & white sets. BTW, unless you were rich, you couldn't afford one back then. One of the more interesting birthday gifts I've ever gotten was a copy of the NY Times on the day I was born. Nothing earth shattering happened, but it was a Sunday, and the interest was perusing items for sale. Back then, you could have bought a 4 bedroom house on Long Island for $12,500. Cars ran $1,000 or less. Those newfangled TVs were $500 bucks.  :)  

Well that explains why all the kids in the neighborhood I lived in were invited over once a week to watch "I Love Lucy" on the only TV on the block. I knew we had around a $700-800 car, but I did not know the TVs were so expensive then.

16 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Well that explains why all the kids in the neighborhood I lived in were invited over once a week to watch "I Love Lucy" on the only TV on the block. I knew we had around a $700-800 car, but I did not know the TVs were so expensive then.

I remember I bought my first Microwave oven in the exchange in Yokosuka, Japan in 1980.  It cost $600.00 dollars and weighed about 150 lbs.  Also bought my first VHS player with the old fashioned TV dials on it.  Cost about $800.00.

3 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

I remember I bought my first Microwave oven in the exchange in Yokosuka, Japan in 1980.  It cost $600.00 dollars and weighed about 150 lbs.  Also bought my first VHS player with the old fashioned TV dials on it.  Cost about $800.00.

I hear ya DieHard!  I thought when telephones went from from turn dial to pressing buttons it was epic progress.  Today, kids think the BC after a calendar year stands for Before Cellphones. 

• 2 months later...

it is time for this team, fan base and media to talk, breathe, eat and schidt Browns football again. The reset we wanted? We got. This, to me, is year one.

Moral of the story, if you make a bunch of different predictions in the same calendar year - you're bound to find one worth remembering when it's all said and done.  

You're about as predictable as Norman Bates was with which personality was going to show up next. He had a "just call me Norman" side to him too Tom or am I speaking to Ghoolie?

I love the bolded statement. "Changing the culture" not only falls to the Browns Team & Organization, it MUST carry through to Fans & media. WE need to be positive in our support of our Browns. The past is GONE.

Mike

Seek medication.

On 6/9/2018 at 7:19 AM, Flugel said:

I was born 2 weeks after the Browns won they're last title.. Feel free to blame My meager existence.. I'm sure someone will...

2 hours ago, nickers said:

I was born 2 weeks after the Browns won they're last title.. Feel free to blame My meager existence.. I'm sure someone will...

I was born in the year they joined the NFL and won their first championship......for what it's worth. 

14 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

What is this, a Geriatric ward?

No, the fountain of knowledge. 

The Browns won their last championship in 2013. They were renamed the Ravens, but the team is still the original Cleveland Browns. Art Modell has world championships in 64 and 13. That's just how it is.

4 hours ago, nickers said:

Don't feel bad Nickers I was born back in 64 too.  DieHard just clobbered us; but we'll give him a pass for that Mr Magoo avatar he wants us to think is Paul Brown. 

Before all you homo's jizz all over each other about my June post about believing this would be the best season in ages, remember that this prediction came almost 3 months ago.A t that time, that prediction was based on certain assumptions. Discipline, intensity and finally a homogenous, vigorous coaching staff plan. It was based on Gordon coming back and the Browns seemingly poised to add a few meaningful players in FA.

Hue Jackoffson just announced that he is unsure of who his starting OL will be, adding that an undrafted free agent may start at LT.

Now, as I have told you all along, Offensive Linemen are the least talented athletes of ALL pro sports, and certainly the NFL. Both Pittsburgh and NE won SB with an undrafted free agent walk-on starting on the OL. So clearly, Hue, and really everyone who understands football agrees with me, OL are a dime-a-dozen. HOWEVER.........Hue just got through 1 - 31, a new draft, training camp AND preseason and he STILL doesn't know what his OL will look like. Ah sorry pimplediks, things have changed.

8 minutes ago, Flugel said:

Don't feel bad Nickers I was born back in 64 too.  DieHard just clobbered us; but we'll give him a pass for that Mr Magoo avatar he wants us to think is Paul Brown. 

I was born in 54 and i can still beat the fahk out of any one of you homos.

25 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

I was born in 54 and i can still beat the fahk out of any one of you homos.

Who's kiddin who?  You got a bigger gut than Bob Wylie you goofey old bastard.  Save all that tough guy talk for the old folks home you'll be living in next year. 

24 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

Before all you homo's jizz all over each other about my June post about believing this would be the best season in ages, remember that this prediction came almost 3 months ago.A t that time, that prediction was based on certain assumptions. Discipline, intensity and finally a homogenous, vigorous coaching staff plan. It was based on Gordon coming back and the Browns seemingly poised to add a few meaningful players in FA.

Hue Jackoffson just announced that he is unsure of who his starting OL will be, adding that an undrafted free agent may start at LT.

Now, as I have told you all along, Offensive Linemen are the least talented athletes of ALL pro sports, and certainly the NFL. Both Pittsburgh and NE won SB with an undrafted free agent walk-on starting on the OL. So clearly, Hue, and really everyone who understands football agrees with me, OL are a dime-a-dozen. HOWEVER.........Hue just got through 1 - 31, a new draft, training camp AND preseason and he STILL doesn't know what his OL will look like. Ah sorry pimplediks, things have changed.

2 things here man.

1- You got half of your assessment of linemen correct. They probably are the least athletic, but no not least talented athletes. If that were true, then anyone could do it. You could do it, you are the toughest man ever according to some of your posts.

2- No, you dont get to make that assessment about discipline, coaching etc. You have constantly tagged on the coaches and the discipline of the team. Nobody here is going to believe that in one instance you thought they had completely turned that around and then completely reverted back.

The answer is simple. It involves no insults, or troll act, or Ghoolie. You had optimism for the team you like, no more no less. Whether you did or didnt make a bet and then change it, dont know dont care. You were excited for the team you have liked since you were a kid. You had some hope. Whether it is realized or not, dont lose that just to act out. The board doesnt need a bad guy, it doesn't need someone to hate, it doesnt need someone to act like they are better than everyone else, it doesnt need all that Ghoolie persona comes with. What it needs is fans who love the team that they cheer for. It needs the real Tom, not Ghoolie. 

Hope you have a great week upcoming. Prayers for a safe trip. God Bless

1 hour ago, Flugel said:

I was born Jan 7th 1965... so yeah.. It looks wrong on all counts (the avatar)

21 minutes ago, nickers said:

I was born Jan 7th 1965... so yeah.. It looks wrong on all counts (the avatar)

Oh so it was YOU!  Now known as nickers "the curse".  :o

Archived