THE BROWNS BOARD

Reading is Fundamental

The Gipper

46 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

This is a Public Service Announcement concerning literacy.......or...is it? 

I think it's a great idea......as I sit here typing away on my tablet.

I remember when the Internet first came out they thought we would have new generations of Shakespeares instead we have launched new generations of somewhat illiterate video game addicts many who don't even know how to use cursive writing. Even text books are being phased out of schools at a rapid rate one of the excuses is they cost too much, the unintended consequence is that kids just don't grow up reading books. 

Just my uneducated opinion of course. :lol:

41 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

I think it's a great idea......as I sit here typing away on my tablet.

I remember when the Internet first came out they thought we would have new generations of Shakespeares instead we have launched new generations of somewhat illiterate video game addicts many who don't even know how to use cursive writing. Even text books are being phased out of schools at a rapid rate one of the excuses is they cost too much, the unintended consequence is that kids just don't grow up reading books. 

Just my uneducated opinion of course. :lol:

You didn't get the "or is it" part.   Look at the photo again...maybe out of the corner of your eye.

9 hours ago, The Gipper said:

You didn't get the "or is it" part.   Look at the photo again...maybe out of the corner of your eye.

OMG, I think.....truly one of the best pleasures in life! ;)

Archived