THE BROWNS BOARD

Solo

Resident SiFy geek checking in. If you're into the Star Wars thing, you're probably going to enjoy the movie. Similar to Rogue One it gives the back story on Han Solo. How he started on his life of crime, met Chewbaca, and how he won the Millenium Falcon in a card game. Of course no amount of makeup could make Harrison Ford look like he's 20, or Billy Dee Williams look like a young Lando Calrissian. 

Usual plenty of action adventure, with some plot twists. Only one thing was disturbing for those of us that are into Star Wars. There's a scene at the end (totally unnecessary IMHO) that's impossible following the time line of Star Wars I. For this villain to be alive, Anakin Skywalker (the future Darth Vader) was still a young kid. Ergo, Solo wouldn't even have been born yet.

3 hours ago, hoorta said:

Resident SiFy geek checking in. If you're into the Star Wars thing, you're probably going to enjoy the movie. Similar to Rogue One it gives the back story on Han Solo. How he started on his life of crime, met Chewbaca, and how he won the Millenium Falcon in a card game. Of course no amount of makeup could make Harrison Ford look like he's 20, or Billy Dee Williams look like a young Lando Calrissian. 

Usual plenty of action adventure, with some plot twists. Only one thing was disturbing for those of us that are into Star Wars. There's a scene at the end (totally unnecessary IMHO) that's impossible following the time line of Star Wars I. For this villain to be alive, Anakin Skywalker (the future Darth Vader) was still a young kid. Ergo, Solo wouldn't even have been born yet.

I saw it and really liked it, will be posting my take soon. At least they didn't have to blow up another fukking Death Star. 😂

WSS

8 hours ago, hoorta said:

I was thinking that very same damn thing!   How the hell is Darth Maul in this show....when he was killed by Obi Won near the end of Phantom Menace....which had to be a full generation before the events of this movie took place.

The only thing I can say is that this comes from the same guy that  destroyed Vulcan, and that had Spock and Uhuru having sex.  But even there the dead stay dead.

Archived