THE BROWNS BOARD

Roseanne now in the crosshairs

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/donald-trump-responds-to-roseanne-cancellation/ar-AAy1N9r?li=BBnb7Kz

theres the real monkey. he just cant stay out of anything. i hope thats his one and only tweet about this. i would hope u trump supporters are smart enough to understand his re election was already going to be difficult. but allow them to hang roseann barr around his neck and that settles that

See here folks..

Free speech has consequences. Yes you can say whatever you want in this country, but there is consequences if warranted.

The NFL is exercising it's right to stop the anthem protests, just like ABC has the right to cancel a show because it's star made some insensitive comments.

I don't know why you are spewing your "yadda yadda liberal left" nonsense.. If Roseanne's dumb a$$ didn't tweet this, she would still have a show and her co-stars wouldn't be pissed off at her for taking away their paychecks..

18 minutes ago, domcucch1994 said:

See here folks..

Free speech has consequences. Yesh you can say whatever you want in this country, but there is consequences if warranted.

The NFL is exercising it's right to stop the anthem protests, just like ABC has the right to cancel a show because it's star made some insensitive comments.

I don't know why you are spewing your "yadda yadda liberal left" nonsense.. If Roseanne's dumb a$$ didn't tweet this, she would still have a show and her co-stars wouldn't be pissed off at her for taking away their paychecks..

Huh? I don't think anybody has said that ABC doesn't have the right to cancel a show for whatever reason they want. But the same wankers that are so happy that she got the boot are the same guys crying about the Negroes God given right to insult the NFL fans.

WSS

25 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Huh? I don't think anybody has said that ABC doesn't have the right to cancel a show for whatever reason they want. But the same wankers that are so happy that she got the boot are the same guys crying about the Negroes God given right to insult the NFL fans.

WSS

ur not entirely wrong, it does go both ways and people on the left should understand that, stfu and stop watching the nfl while u assclowns should also stfu and stop watching abc for any reason whatsoever. question is.....will u?

Enter kids, raise ur hands high up in the air if I thought Kathy griffin losing her job at cnn was unfair and can’t anybody take a joke and omg I’m so over this pc cowpoop. 

Go on, raise em up fgts. Let’s see all those conservative hands that were so distraught that little miss griffin lost her job at cnn and had all her tour shows canceled. 

36 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

Enter kids, raise ur hands high up in the air if I thought Kathy griffin losing her job at cnn was unfair and can’t anybody take a joke and omg I’m so over this pc cowpoop. 

Go on, raise em up fgts. Let’s see all those conservative hands that were so distraught that little miss griffin lost her job at cnn and had all her tour shows canceled. 

I think it's time for a typical Woody response. Yes those things are exactly the same. One making fun of a woman who actually does look like a female from the Planet of the Apes and second encouraging the murder of the president of the United States. If that was Obammy the FBI would have her in a place that made gitmo look like Disney World.

But like I said they can fire Roseanne if they want. I would just like to see somebody else pick up the show whether it's worth a damn or not and beat the hell out of ABC in the time slot.

WSS

Awe... "typical Steve" has enough traction that you're trying to spin it into a typical woody thing. Adorable. 

and attempting to do so, attempting to put words/beliefs in my mouth, was  a very typical steve  response of you

ABC made the right decision.  That type of PR is too risky no matter the ratings.  I think they would have dropped dramatically anyhow, but we'll never know.  Morally speaking, she f'd up, nothing left to say.  We all sign a contract stating the ethical guidelines an employer requires from his staff.  The company simply enforced them.

With that being said, I love how Roseanne suddenly is a "conservative" show.  The show from what I recall was feminist, pro abortion, and possibly the first network show to openly support gay marriage and transgender people.  If that is a "conservative" show then it's time for the left to have a little self reflection.  Sounds to me like Roseanne is a liberal who just isn't liberal enough to be accepted as such, but the fact she likes Trump is enough for the peanut gallery.

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

Awe... "typical Steve" has enough traction that you're trying to spin it into a typical woody thing. Adorable. 

and attempting to do so, attempting to put words/beliefs in my mouth, was  a very typical steve  response of you

Yeah I must be crazy. Assassinating the president and making fun of a woman who looks a little bit like an ape are exactly the same. Thank you for your guidance.

WSS

8 hours ago, domcucch1994 said:

See here folks..

Free speech has consequences. Yesh you can say whatever you want in this country, but there is consequences if warranted.

the idea that there is no leftwing favoritism by the msm is bogus. How many times have we heard from the lib wenches on the view, or some libturds on msnbc, cnn, etc... say terrible things, only to have it covered over with rationalizations?

Several.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2017/05/free-speech-rights-offensive-speech-can-get-you-fired-not-jailed-feds/

Business won’t always lean against talent. Stephen Colbert aimed what some saw as a homophobic slur at President Trump last week — and he still has his job. It’s not freedom of speech that is protecting him; CBS is entirely within its rights to fire him for misrepresenting the network or being out of synch with its brand. The fact that his bosses haven’t fired him or publicly reprimanded him in any way shows that they approve of — or at least are not bothered by — his comments.

The lesson is this: “Say what you want if your boss is on board, but don’t blame the First Amendment if your boss is not.”

The trouble is, the bosses of cnn, msnbc, etc etc etc...are on board with vile hatred and offensive comments when it fits their political agenda.

Otherewise,

It's consequences for being offensive.

It's typical libturd - THEY can be offensive, because their side of politics is the "correct" side.

6 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

I think it's time for a typical Woody response. Yes those things are exactly the same. One making fun of a woman who actually does look like a female from the Planet of the Apes and second encouraging the murder of the president of the United States. If that was Obammy the FBI would have her in a place that made gitmo look like Disney World.

But like I said they can fire Roseanne if they want. I would just like to see somebody else pick up the show whether it's worth a damn or not and beat the hell out of ABC in the time slot.

WSS

yes I would say throwing the ape card at a black person is every bit as bad as some cultural commentary cowpoop that Kathy griffin "thought" she was pulling. Ofc she wasn't actually encouraging his murder, but if you want to bring up Obama...I can actually find you numerous instances where someone actually did encourage his murder. And remember when that congressman said Hillary should swing from the national mall? None of you had a lick of problem with that. And that was "actually" saying someone should be murdered...not pantomiming with some severed head.....im sure she thought it was "art". ONe is a stupid nobody of a red head who shows up once a year at new years...the other was an elected official. And ofc the variance in how each side treated said person who stepped the line was quite profound wasn't it steven?

1 hour ago, Clevfan4life said:

yes I would say throwing the ape card at a black person is every bit as bad as some cultural commentary cowpoop that Kathy griffin "thought" she was pulling. Ofc she wasn't actually encouraging his murder, but if you want to bring up Obama...I can actually find you numerous instances where someone actually did encourage his murder. And remember when that congressman said Hillary should swing from the national mall? None of you had a lick of problem with that. And that was "actually" saying someone should be murdered...not pantomiming with some severed head.....im sure she thought it was "art". ONe is a stupid nobody of a red head who shows up once a year at new years...the other was an elected official. And ofc the variance in how each side treated said person who stepped the line was quite profound wasn't it steven?

Stuart

Don't bring a pea shooter to a gunfight Cleve.

Any murder references to Obama or Hillary pales in comparison to what has been put on display from the most vile left.

https://www.google.com/search?q=kill+george+bush&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi_i6zmpq_bAhXtpVkKHfldC2kQ_AUICigB&biw=1600&bih=670

Image result for kill george bush

Dec0DffWsAAj5SP.jpg

Stuart

Since Bush is not a black person, it is not considered racist to compare him or any white person to an ape.

Image result for bush monkey

Never in a million years would i have thought Jarrett was black, therefore would of had no problem with Roseannes tweet.

Valerie Jarrett official portrait small.jpgImage result for planet of the apes female characters

8 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Yeah I must be crazy. Assassinating the president and making fun of a woman who looks a little bit like an ape are exactly the same. Thank you for your guidance.

WSS

Oh oh oh. I can typical steve too

An artistic photo representing controversial opinions vs an awful, terrible, abhorrent, blatantly racist statement designed to degrade and dehumanize a respected African American individual

Did I do that right?

8 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

An artistic photo representing controversial opinions vs an awful, terrible, abhorrent, blatantly racist statement designed to degrade and dehumanize a respected  Democrat African American individual

Did I do that right?

Stuart

No you didn't...plus you forgot to include the word Democrat.

I would image that if Roseannes tweet was directed towards black Republican females such as Condoleezza Rice or Mia Love the consensus would be that "thats just Roseanne being Roseanne". 

this goes back to liberals existing emotionally.

It makes them HAPPY to see an offensive statement about who they don't like.

It makes them OFFENDED and VICTIMIZED to see an offensive statement about who they like.

seems that democrats/liberals/elitist/marxist sombeitches are happy to

hate like "dead terrorists"

26 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

An artistic photo representing controversial opinions vs an awful, terrible, abhorrent, blatantly racist statement designed to degrade and dehumanize a respected African American individual

Did I do that right?

You really don't do anything right. You're pretty good at imitating Cleve but not perfect I guess.

WSS

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

I realize you're doing your best. Unfortunately it's kind of like an ape, or other lower primate imitating a human beings motions. But it's cute.

WSS

Ok Steve. Whatever you say. You definitely don't spice up your language to help skew your point home. Never happens. My mistake

12 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

the idea that there is no leftwing favoritism by the msm is bogus. How many times have we heard from the lib wenches on the view, or some libturds on msnbc, cnn, etc... say terrible things, only to have it covered over with rationalizations?

Several.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2017/05/free-speech-rights-offensive-speech-can-get-you-fired-not-jailed-feds/

Business won’t always lean against talent. Stephen Colbert aimed what some saw as a homophobic slur at President Trump last week — and he still has his job. It’s not freedom of speech that is protecting him; CBS is entirely within its rights to fire him for misrepresenting the network or being out of synch with its brand. The fact that his bosses haven’t fired him or publicly reprimanded him in any way shows that they approve of — or at least are not bothered by — his comments.

The lesson is this: “Say what you want if your boss is on board, but don’t blame the First Amendment if your boss is not.”

The trouble is, the bosses of cnn, msnbc, etc etc etc...are on board with vile hatred and offensive comments when it fits their political agenda.

Otherewise,

It's consequences for being offensive.

It's typical libturd - THEY can be offensive, because their side of politics is the "correct" side.

If this was the case, then how come Kathy Griffin's career has spiraled downward for her offensive picture of holding a severed head doll that looks like Trump?

Maybe you are right, maybe the execs at these stations do lean left, or maybe what Colbert said wasn't deemed as controversial as what Roseanne tweeted?

Regardless, it's the network's choice to fire someone or shut their show down if they feel that their brand is compromised because of their employees behavior..

NFL banned on-the-field protests, but I am sure your okay with that right? I mean it is within their right to do so..

But when ABC takes action against an employee for off-colored, racist remarks, you don't agree with them? 

10 hours ago, StinkHole said:

Stuart

Don't bring a pea shooter to a gunfight Cleve.

Any murder references to Obama or Hillary pales in comparison to what has been put on display from the most vile left.

https://www.google.com/search?q=kill+george+bush&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi_i6zmpq_bAhXtpVkKHfldC2kQ_AUICigB&biw=1600&bih=670

Image result for kill george bush

Dec0DffWsAAj5SP.jpg

I hope you realize that picture of Whoopi wearing that shirt was photo-shopped..

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2018/may/30/viral-image/whoopi-goldberg-shirt-donald-trump-doctored/

5 minutes ago, domcucch1994 said:

I hope you realize that picture of Whoopi wearing that shirt was photo-shopped..

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2018/may/30/viral-image/whoopi-goldberg-shirt-donald-trump-doctored/

Yep I saw that a few days ago. The one she was wearing was anti Trump but not quite as offensive. By the way you can buy the one in the picture online. Google apparently has no problem with taking a piece of that action for what it's worth.

WSS

1 minute ago, Westside Steve said:

Yep I saw that a few days ago. The one she was wearing was anti Trump but not quite as fensive. By the way you can buy the one in the picture online.

WSS

You can also buy t-shirts that say Shmuck You You Shmucking Shmuck.. What is your point?

1 minute ago, domcucch1994 said:

If this was the case, then how com Kathy Griffin's career has spiraled downward for her offensive picture of holding Trump's head?

YES, there are a FEW examples of the flip side, but by far most of it is on the left - because the msm leans left.

Maybe you are right, maybe the execs at these stations do lean left, or maybe what Colbert said wasn't deemed as controversial as what Roseanne tweeted?

Again, out of political expediency - the left FEELS offended only when it's one of theirs. Meaning, they lack principle, in that they don't always see offense - just when they want to.

Regardless, it's the network's choice to fire someone or shut their show down if they feel that their brand is compromised because of their employees behavior..

Of course it is. The POINT, however, is that if they say really nasty things, like on the view - it's fine.

NFL banned on-the-field protests, but I am sure your okay with that right? I mean it is within their right to do so..

I am a huge BROWNS FAN. It matters to me. The on the field protests are a slap in the face to my country, not one of my favorite persons.

But when ABC takes action against an employee for off-colored, racist remarks, you don't agree with them? 

Sure, as long as they do it because of legit reasons, and not LEFTY POLITICS. But libturds are EMOTIONALLY BASED

in their stances. That lends itself hugely to hypocrisy. THAT is the point.

1 minute ago, domcucch1994 said:

You can also buy t-shirts that say Shmuck You You Shmucking Shmuck.. What is your point?

The F-bomb and shooting the president aren't really quite the same thing. [Edit: to normal people] Or saying that a woman who looks like at Planet of the Apes character, well, looks like a Planet of the Apes character.

WSS

Archived