THE BROWNS BOARD

Roseanne now in the crosshairs

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, The Cysko Kid said:

As far as Roseanne goes I never really forgave her for her national anthem debacle which, as you might recall, was more offensive than kapernicks by far. 

No Doubt.

Still I don't remember her getting blasted by the left for that.

WSS

14 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Really? Fix picked up Roseanne? Hahaha. Oh man. 

It is sad this country is so divided politically. These companies are just riding that Sheet to the bank.

That would be a good fit. Married with Children, The Simpsons etc those all push the batteries.

WSS

28 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

Oh look who got rehired at ESPN yesterday (aren’t they owned by ABC?).

Yes it’s that well spoken sportscaster Keith Olberman.

Check out his large vocabulary on Twitter. . .

F595D001-C57B-4359-A2AB-BA55537AB141.jpeg

So you're saying RE-hired... which means he was let go.    So.......    

We're you expecting me to give a Shmuck?    If he was fired over it then good.    If ABC or whatever show brings Roseann's Sheet back after X amount of time then that's their business.  

3 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

So you're saying RE-hired... which means he was let go.    So.......    

We're you expecting me to give a Shmuck?    If he was fired over it then good.    If ABC or whatever show brings Roseann's Sheet back after X amount of time then that's their business.  

None of us really have to give a fock about any of this. Just saying that ESPN at ABC aren't all that concerned about offending people. Just offending liberal people.

Probably one more reason ESPN is going down the crapper.

WSS

7 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

No Doubt.

WSS

No. That was right up their alley wasn't it? Despite what some would have you believe the left has always had a soft spot for disrespecting America. 

31 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

None of us really have to give a fock about any of this. Just saying that ESPN at ABC aren't all that concerned about offending people. Just offending liberal people.

Probably one more reason ESPN is going down the crapper.

WSS

So Roseanne calling a black person an Ape is offensive to liberals only then?  

6 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

So Roseanne calling a black person an Ape is offensive to liberals only then?  

No as you're smart enough to understand I'm sure, fukking with the national anthem and grabbing her crotch was something that liberals found hillarious or at least didn't care about. Hope this helps. Plus I don't think she's black is she? Because if they're not black it's cool to call anybody and ape as I recall.

WSS

Just now, Westside Steve said:

No as you're smart enough to understand I'm sure making fun of the national anthem and grabbing her crotch was something that liberals found hillarious or at least not all that bad.

Hope this helps. Plus I don't think she's black is she? Because if they're not black it's cool to call anybody and ape as I recall.

WSS

I guess the crotch thing is up to the individual. I find both in poor taste and not really acceptable displays in public, but that's just me.

Never heard anybody outside of a black person called ape so I wouldn't be able to recall if it's "cool" or not.  

3 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

I guess the crotch thing is up to the individual. I find both in poor taste and not really acceptable displays in public, but that's just me.

Never heard anybody outside of a black person called ape so I wouldn't be able to recall if it's "cool" or not.  

No?

bushvschimp.jpg

hqdefault-1.jpg

000 bush bad cartoons.jpg

8 minutes ago, The Cysko Kid said:

You must have been living under a rock between 2000 and 2008 

High school 2002 - 2005, college 2006-2009 and now 2015- present.  

Had little/any interest in politics in high school to bother with the Bush era.   Saw Ape tossed around a couple times for Obama.  Went "eh" and moved on.   I don't give political meme's the attention this board seems too.  

The racial history here matters. Calling a person with dark skin a monkey has a lot more weight behind it. 

The national anthem thing, bad taste. Could see how it might offend some people. 

Obermann saying Shmuck Trump a bunch and calling him a Nazi. Pretty stupid. Taking the language used by both sides in politics today and cranking it up  a notch. Usually reserved for the hosts/personalities on the fringes of the political spectrum. He was fired once for it. I would have just stayed away from him.

Calling a dark skinned person an ape, and equating them to the muslim brotherhood (because of her ethnicity? is she even a Muslim?) is on a different level, IMO. 

If another network wants to pick it up, go ahead. I'd have a hard time believing you'd get the whole cast back together. 

10 minutes ago, The Cysko Kid said:

Unrelated but I'd like to point out that painting your political opponents as Nazis is a leftist standard by the way. And that is one of many reasons I cannot take them the least bit seriously. 

tea-party-hitler.jpg

30bf5f53440175f93f102b039259a0dd.jpg

CRsVBxrVAAAGxau.jpg

Man where have you been? Calling the other side a Nazi/Hitler is just a staple of American politics. How many liberal politicians have been called Hitler on here? 

2 minutes ago, The Cysko Kid said:

As a side note I'm not surprised that basically every white person is called a racist constantly. It took a long long time but black folks finally managed to find a word that makes white people as defensive as the n word makes them. 

Yeah I can't imagine why Roseanne was called a racist

5 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

tea-party-hitler.jpg

30bf5f53440175f93f102b039259a0dd.jpg

CRsVBxrVAAAGxau.jpg

Man where have you been? Calling the other side a Nazi/Hitler is just a staple of American politics. How many liberal politicians have been called Hitler on here? 

Perhaps you're right, but unscientifically, I feel more on the left actually believe that horseshit. 

1 hour ago, tiamat63 said:

Never saw any of that before.  

Stuart

Riiiiiight

Enlighten yourself further...

Google "kill Barak Obama" images.

Then Google  "kill George Bush"  images.

Sanctimonious libtards  atop their perch of moral superiority are clearly the most vile, the most violent, and the most racist.

Stuart

Hey wait a sec...she said "The Planet of The Apes". These characters were human in every way but their appearance.....now if she would have said "The Muslim Brotherhood and apes" that certainly sounds much worse.

That's the best I could do to defend her LOL.

4 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

No Doubt.

WSS

the entire country blasted her you twat brained old feeble stooge. THe only people that watched that show were low rent blue collar types....who typically vote green party right? haha, no..we know who's constituency "those" people are. 

3 hours ago, The Cysko Kid said:

Look how mainstream the acceptance that Trump is an actual nazi is on the left. 

yeah he's a lot of various things all rolled up into one giant orange bag of sht....but not sure how accurate "Nazi" is. My guess is the left is using it just like conservatives used it against Obama for 8 years. We literally had Cal here every day accusing Obama of being a bonafide Nazi so it's essentially become a signal flare for their respective bases. Except in this case it seems legit Nazi's do infact support Trump....but no, he himself is certainly not a Nazi...just an orange twat. 

Archived