THE BROWNS BOARD

Platform "Bucket of Gloves" Beer

Suomi

Had a couple of pints of this brew tonight in CT.  It's a Cleveland brewer, and the style is New England IPA - which means cloudy orange with citrus aroma and hop profile.  Not a bad take on the style, although it could use an infusion of Citra hops to give it more of the traditional citrusy NE flava.

Anybody have it in The Land?  If so, what do you think?

On 5/24/2018 at 8:53 PM, Suomi said:

Had a couple of pints of this brew tonight in CT.  It's a Cleveland brewer, and the style is New England IPA - which means cloudy orange with citrus aroma and hop profile.  Not a bad take on the style, although it could use an infusion of Citra hops to give it more of the traditional citrusy NE flava.

Anybody have it in The Land?  If so, what do you think?

Haven't tried that one but platform is a respectable microbrew. I don't know when, but it's been recently, that the Brewing world has decided that unfiltered IPA is our New England Style. Anyway I like them. I always think of Citra as a West Coast hop but they are good in everything.

WSS

Today beer should and does have all sorts of great and innovated things mixed in it. Screw the German Purity rules screw Bud Light Miller Light Coors Light at any of that cat urine. 

America is the world's leader in Innovative and new pops and recipes. Rest of the world, suck on it.

🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺

WSS

I'm spoiled because I'm a short ride away from Tree House Brewery and have a fridge full of Julius right now - the quintessential NE IPA.  Always interested in what folks from other parts of the country think of the style.

2 hours ago, Suomi said:

I'm spoiled because I'm a short ride away from Tree House Brewery and have a fridge full of Julius right now - the quintessential NE IPA.  Always interested in what folks from other parts of the country think of the style.

Alchemy Brewing is in Vermont I believe and makes a beer called heady topper which is absolutely great IPA.

WSS

5 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Conceived to be “lightest beer in the world” at 55 measly calories, so basically a step up from pond water.  :lol:

So basically the lighter the beer the less taste? I guess so!

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/29/2018 at 2:48 PM, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Belgian beers sucks.

Image result for blue moon beer

I bought a few cases of this garbage because my daughter was visiting with her husband and my grandkids.  Tasted like vomit smells.  

That is most definitely NOT a Belgian beer.

This IS a real Belgian beer. Major difference.

Rochefort Trappistes 10

Archived