THE BROWNS BOARD

Hue Jackson strikes again

LondonBrown

Whats stupid about it? He had to give an answer without basically answering it.. Read between the tea leaves

I think he said the right thing (surprising, for him).  TieRod was brought here to be our starter opening day...and until our #1 pick QB (whoever that was to be) was 'ready' to take over.  Hue cannot let the media or Hard Knocks start a QB controversy by asking him questions leading to that answer.   

32 minutes ago, D Bone said:

what are we offended by today?"

Lining up in the I-formation from behind will read Hyde/Chubb?:o..They should sell married couples Jerseys by the set:wub:

This isn't a controversy, and isn't an issue within the locker room either. Saints showed how to use RB's to eliminate that as a controversy as well.

This is more talking about people rather than talking about actual issues.. Is Siciliano angling for a political reporting job?

It's just one day of freaking OTA's, but I have to admit I was happy to hear that Tyrod looked smooth and in control, and for the most part Baker struggled.  Everyone in their right mind expects Baker to struggle early and often, and this will likely continue on into training camp.  I expect Baker to make improvements (duh), but I wouldn't hold my breath until the end of the 3rd preseason game, and then the 4th.  Baker might get to play an entire half of football come the 4th preseason match (or more), and THAT'S when I expect to see him really make some strides.  End of the camp, against the 3rd stringers, I expect to see big improvements.  

The biggest change in OTA's, is the presence of a veteran QB who knows what to do.  A guy in his 20's, who has won a few more games than he's lost.  Someone who went to the playoffs, although barely, and is known to work harder than anyone.  There is no controversy, and that HAS to be a calming, confidence-inspiring feeling for all of our guys.  They know that when they're in the huddle, they have a guy who can do the job.  

Tyrod isn't going to say otherwise, but when asked about the offense he said he loved it.  He called it a "player's offense", in that it lets people do what they do best.  When asked about Landry, Tyrod said he's got one of the larger "catch radius" of anyone he's ever thrown to, which I thought was interesting considering Landry isn't that big (Landry also said that 20 of his 100 throws were 1-handed, LOL).  When asked about Gordon, Tyrod kind of smiled and said, "Well, he's one of the biggest WR's in the league, and then he's also one of the fastest WR's in the league, so obviously he's got rare explosiveness ability."  (did everyone say their daily Josh prayer??)

Two more things:  Nathan Zegura from Browns Daily said Tyrod Taylor turned in the most professional, solid performances from any OTA he can remember.  Admittedly, he says that doesn't mean MUCH coming from the Browns, but still...nice to hear.  Also, Nathan said Landry is virtually "always open" and basically caught 4 of the first 6 passes in team drills.  He gets open, he catches ball.  We're not used to this.  Also, Josh Gordon is Josh Gordon.

There's nothing better than a player on the final year of his contract...... Tyrod is going to surprise a lot of people this year. 

I fully expect that Baker Mayfield will look good to great in the preseason, against the opposing teams 2nd/3rd and 4th string defenses. So did Kizer.

And I fully expect a good portion of Browns fans to want him to start immediately because of it.  

4 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

I fully expect that Baker Mayfield will look good to great in the preseason, against the opposing teams 2nd/3rd and 4th string (vanilla) defenses. So did Kizer.

And I fully expect a good portion of Browns fans to want him to start immediately because of it.  

Yeah, I would love to see our fans show more patience but we know better, don't we? Tyrod will make a mistake & the "chants" will start.

Mike

1 minute ago, Canton Mike said:

Yeah, I would love to see our fans show more patience but we know better, don't we? Tyrod will make a mistake & the "chants" will start.

Mike

Yeah and that will be during Hard Knocks.  :lol:

.........should be an interesting year. 

On 5/23/2018 at 4:05 PM, Zombo said:

I see nothing wrong. He's been getting out ahead of this all offseason anointing Taylor the starter. Nothing's changed, nothing to see here.

Zombo

yes, but Baker Mayfield(whether he should have been or not) is the #1 overall draft pick.  They are going to start sometime in the first year without question, so of course there is going to be that active question of WHEN in the first season.  Is that a controversy?  Hell I dont know; call it whatever you want.  

Archived