Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
JAFBF

NFL & National Anthem (rules)

Recommended Posts

Look it's like this ever since he was denied a ownership of a team he has hated the NFL he wanted so bad to be part of the owners group #butthurt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, syd said:

Look it's like this ever since he was denied a ownership of a team he has hated the NFL he wanted so bad to be part of the owners group #butthurt

u might be right, in lart at least. butvtheres more to this. now we're blatantly race baiting. this coksukker is blatantly trying to touch off a civil war. prior to 09 players didnt have to be out there for the anthem, he knows that. he has an ulterior agenda here. tbis gies beyond screwing with the nfl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Comeonman said:

Why is it never easy enough as let the players protest if they want to protest and the customer will stop watching if they want to stop watching. 

Because politics in this country have turned people into screeching autistic lumps at anything they might not understand or disagree with.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

Because politics in this country have turned people into screeching autistic lumps at anything they might not understand or disagree with.

Good point, but when did that happen?? It hasn’t always been like this. Bush to Obama? I can not remember this country being so screwed up and divided as it is now. 2016 election just put it in the spotlight. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Players are free to protest their asses off ON THEIR OWN TIME.

Why don't they donate all their giant paychecks to their cause, since

they "feel so strongly" about disrespecting our Flag and Anthem ?

I still say, the reason reason for their crap, is because they feel GUILTY about

being rich, they don't want the poor blacks to be mad at them, so they pretend

solidarity with the poor, so they will be criticizing America instead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Comeonman said:

Good point, but when did that happen?? It hasn’t always been like this. Bush to Obama? I can not remember this country being so screwed up and divided as it is now. 2016 election just put it in the spotlight. 

Social media becoming popular. You can shotgun blast yourself with political outrage of a questionable basis in reality. You can also cater it so that it only fits your political bias and then you eventually reach what we have now.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Comeonman said:

Good point, but when did that happen?? It hasn’t always been like this. Bush to Obama? I can not remember this country being so screwed up and divided as it is now. 2016 election just put it in the spotlight. 

Eight years of obaMao and his regime's scandals did serious damage to our unity as Americans. He blabbered more and more on divisive issues - racial, class, economic and political "warfare". Right up to saying "if they bring a knife, we'll bring a gun" and for

his supporters to "get in their faces".

He ran us down as a country, was bitter about our Constitution restrictions of his power, and he belittled us overseas often.

It grew. If higgardly had been elected, the whole country could have been sent into far worse than where we are now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

Players are free to protest their asses off ON THEIR OWN TIME.

Why don't they donate all their giant paychecks to their cause, since

they "feel so strongly" about disrespecting our Flag and Anthem ?

I still say, the reason reason for their crap, is because they feel GUILTY about

being rich, they don't want the poor blacks to be mad at them, so they pretend

solidarity with the poor, so they will be criticizing America instead.

That is any cause. I wouldn’t expect any person to sacrifice everything including their means of making money over a belief. I am a strong 2nd Am. advocate. I am not donating all of my wages to any gun advocacy group.

If an owner of a team wants to allow for the protest on the job then it shouldn’t be a league issue. Let the fans decide if they want to give money to the team after the owner makes the call. Forced shows of patriotism under threat of losing out on wages seems like something the founding fathers would not be on board with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

That is any cause. I wouldn’t expect any person to sacrifice everything including their means of making money over a belief. I am a strong 2nd Am. advocate. I am not donating all of my wages to any gun advocacy group.

If an owner of a team wants to allow for the protest on the job then it shouldn’t be a league issue. Let the fans decide if they want to give money to the team after the owner makes the call. Forced shows of patriotism under threat of losing out on wages seems like something the founding fathers would not be on board with.

I don't care if they stay in the lockerroom - but how are fans going to not buy tickets anymore for their

team, over a relative few racist jackwagons that are po'd about a white republican president ? Sooner or later,  I imagine,

a team is going to start to fail over locker room political divisiveness/beligerence. And all the investment by the owners,

and the fans over years and years, will start to fail, all because of the belligerence of a few players grandstanding - over

their guilt of being rich, compared to so many other folks - so they don't get the poor subculture being dissing them instead.

You have your PSL's, you are being forced to condone the disrespectful behavior - you paid for your PSL's already. You already paid

for your season tickets, and you are being forced to put up with having your Flag, your Country, even your military folks, being

disgraced by their behavior. IF a team wants to allow divisive behavior, it isn't just about the "protesting" players being unhappy.

I suppose if a team honors Martin Luther King day, and a bunch of white players want to disrespect that...it would be

supported by the NFL ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If a team owner wanted to allow for their employees to protest MLK Jr Day then it should be allowed. Fans can then decide how they want to react. Owners eventually react to fan response and feedback. They are running a business. If PSL holders make a big enough stink, I guarantee owners will bend. Alternatively, the customer has to determine if they are upset enough to part ways with being a fan of the team. 

My dad quit buying and continues to never give a penny to Ruger after Bill Ruger crapped on gun owners. It was a matter of principle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So the NFL says "stay in the lockeroom if you don't want to stand"...Trump says "no escaping to the lockeroom"...but cal says it's 8 years of Obama that did this. What Trump just said today gives the whole game away. There's no discussion anymore about the agenda. Had two close friends who are trump supporters, opt out of discussing this with me today. They don't have anything to say. This was a win win a week ago. Now it's back to talking about this weekly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

So the NFL says "stay in the lockeroom if you don't want to stand"...Trump says "no escaping to the lockeroom"...but cal says it's 8 years of Obama that did this. What Trump just said today gives the whole game away. There's no discussion anymore about the agenda. Had two close friends who are trump supporters, opt out of discussing this with me today. They don't have anything to say. This was a win win a week ago. Now it's back to talking about this weekly. 

Of course here is why it's eight years of Obama. Granted Trump should keep his mouth shut. He causes as many oh, well almost, problems as the hateful press. But the Democrats believe that the reason Hillary lost is that the Negroes couldn't bother themselves to get off the couch and vote for her. If they had she might have taken two or three more states by a few votes. So the Democrats and their lap dogs in a press really need to fire up the African American community. Even though they are probably better off now than they were over the last 8 eight years thanks to unemployment... if in fact lower unemployment among their Community matters to them. So all this shitt is part of the game plan. The players are just pampered arrogant Stooges.

 

WSS

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A lot of this comes down to the difference between what some think the protests are about compared to what the protestors are actually saying they're about. It's easier to be against it when you're just certain it's about disrespecting the military, or whatever it is they're disrespecting this week. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

. The players are just pampered arrogant Stooges.

 

WSS

u won't find a whole lot of people debating that point with you. Athletes as a rule are pampered, arrogant twats. I can see tho that even you might finally be accepting that Trump is a pampered, arrogant twat himself. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

A lot of this comes down to the difference between what some think the protests are about compared to what the protestors are actually saying they're about. It's easier to be against it when you're just certain it's about disrespecting the military, or whatever it is they're disrespecting this week. 

Controversy by disrespecting the flag is what got them their attention. That's all there is to it. If they had linked arms and close their eyes and told people they are praying for peace in the Intercity it still wouldn't have done anything but wouldn't have pissed anybody off. And that's the AIM.

WSS

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

u won't find a whole lot of people debating that point with you. Athletes as a rule are pampered, arrogant twats. I can see tho that even you might finally be accepting that Trump is a pampered, arrogant twat himself. 

To a great extent you are correct. And business success and a billion dollars in the bank will buy you a lot of Yes Men. That's true. I think he's pretty smart oh, and I don't think that his money got in through Wharton the way NFL players athletic ability gets them through remedial English.

WSS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, calfoxwc said:

 

Why don't they donate all their giant paychecks to their cause, since

 

 

Malcolm Jenkins addresses that.

Chris Long no less.  

 

 

De8Zs7_UYAAMD5A.jpg

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

e. I think he's pretty smart oh, and I don't think that his money got in through Wharton the way NFL players athletic ability gets them through remedial English.

WSS

ofc daddy got him through Wharton. And that's not anything special on the Drumphs. All those ivy league schools, and other prestigious non ivy league schools...are notorious and have been busted before paving a gilded path through their universities academics for the kids of wealthy Americans. It's no different than the inner city kids who were never asked to do much by their HS except "play ball" and when they get to a D1 program that university is simply not interested in educating them. It's not whey they're there. You think Wharton gave a fck what became of Trump? Give him his degree, take daddies money. Wipe your hands of it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Controversy by disrespecting the flag is what got them their attention. That's all there is to it. If they had linked arms and close their eyes and told people they are praying for peace in the Intercity it still wouldn't have done anything but wouldn't have pissed anybody off. And that's the AIM.

WSS

No, it would have pissed people off. We'd have 14 threads on here with articles from the blaze about how these players disrespected the country. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if this horsesht continues during the season, i dont care if ur liberal or conservative i expect all of u to sign any petition that essentially says "they're in the lockerroom now pls stfu". i mean srsly i want to enjoy watching the browns suck next year in peace. its what we do here in NE ohio. and so we're clear, im also equally disinterested in hearing libs sqwaking about players not being allowed to kneel if they choose to be out there. i want everyone to stfu. is that too much to ask? is this not sonething we can all agree on?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

if this horsesht continues during the season, i dont care if ur liberal or conservative i expect all of u to sign any petition that essentially says "they're in the lockerroom now pls stfu". i mean srsly i want to enjoy watching the browns suck next year in peace. its what we do here in NE ohio. and so we're clear, im also equally disinterested in hearing libs sqwaking about players not being allowed to kneel if they choose to be out there. i want everyone to stfu. is that too much to ask? is this not sonething we can all agree on?

Inevitably there will be story line after story line about this for years no matter what happens. But I’m with you 1000% sign me up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is more going on here than what's being seen on the surface.

 

This is Trump.

How many times has he gone one way and ended up pulling a Rabbit out of his hat ?

I've lost count.

 

He is not stupid (he feigns it though), and is grossly underestimated by the opposition.

He gets people pissed about stuff I think to get them to take a look at things, maybe wake some folks up.

 

I do think he wants to unify the Country again, and after what we've been through that's going to be a challenge.

He's not a Politician and he doesn't do things like a Politician (thank God), so I don't know how this is going to play out.

 

I'm afraid this is not over though, it's going to be a bumpy ride.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, JAFBF said:

There is more going on here than what's being seen on the surface.

 

This is Trump.

How many times has he gone one way and ended up pulling a Rabbit out of his hat ?

I've lost count.

 

He is not stupid (he feigns it though), and is grossly underestimated by the opposition.

He gets people pissed about stuff I think to get them to take a look at things, maybe wake some folks up.

 

I do think he wants to unify the Country again, and after what we've been through that's going to be a challenge.

He's not a Politician and he doesn't do things like a Politician (thank God), so I don't know how this is going to play out.

 

I'm afraid this is not over though, it's going to be a bumpy ride.

 

 

Want to be any more cliche'...?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Want to be any more cliche'...?

God, I thought I left English Class many many years ago   .   .   .   not the best of times to be certain :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Malcolm Jenkins addresses that.

Chris Long no less.  

that's great. I was talking about black athletes dissing our Flag and

Anthem, our country, by "kneeling" like safe space yuppies.

Chris Long is white. and though Jenkins raised his fist, he didn't kneel, I don't think, and Chris Long never kneeled,

he was shown to be praying WELL BEFORE the Anthem.11236.png&w=350&h=254

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

that's great. I was talking about black athletes dissing our Flag and

Anthem, our country, by "kneeling" like safe space yuppies.

Chris Long is white. and though Jenkins raised his fist, he didn't kneel, I don't think, and Chris Long never kneeled,

he was shown to be praying WELL BEFORE the Anthem.11236.png&w=350&h=254

But Chris Long supports other players right to kneel.

Who am I kidding. Your example doesn't count because he's white. See, it's all of the black players that are just trying to anger everyone while being spoiled athletes. Just the blacks. Uhhh.... Don't look into that statement too much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How about Fox news showing pics of Christian players kneeling for prayer and passing it off like they were jneeling for the anthem. Going so far to help push the Trump narrative they had to make real Christians look bad. Yikes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The more you hear about this, the more I think it was less Trump pushing some conservative agenda to get his base riled up or piss off the NFL, and more I think he was just embarrassed so many players turned him down. So he basically broke up with them.befire they could make him look bad. Then he goes on about all of the kneeling stuff to cover his tracks. I really think his ego is that fragile. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×