THE BROWNS BOARD

NFL & National Anthem (rules)

JAFBF

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where do you read in there that they protested because of Trump?

I don't think you're keeping up with the course of events. Or at least, you're choosing not to.

That's why there are public opinion polls asking what the protests are about, and a sizeable portion of idiots responds "it's to disrespect our flag and military!!!!"

26 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

I don't think you're keeping up with the course of events. Or at least, you're choosing not to.

That's why there are public opinion polls asking what the protests are about, and a sizeable portion of idiots responds "it's to disrespect our flag and military!!!!"

Which is exactly why the protests are happening. Unless you insult the veterans the flag The Anthem the country etc etc etc nobody will sit up and take notice.  I just don't think they are smart enough to realize that it is  counterproductive .  Even if they did believe in that cause  more than they believe in self aggrandizement . Shock and offend. But those are the reasons you think it's so cool.

WSS

14 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

PS those articles weren't from right-wing blogs.

WSS

Uhhh... I read the article at the top of the page. No where does it say "these protests are because we have Trump." I already said that and you chose not to respond to it.

16 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Which is exactly why the protests are happening. Unless you insult the veterans the flag The Anthem the country etc etc etc nobody will sit up and take notice.  I just don't think they are smart enough to realize that it is  counterproductive .  Even if they did believe in that cause  more than they believe in self aggrandizement . Shock and offend. But those are the reasons you think it's so cool.

WSS

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's counterproductive

Just because you're shocked and offended doesn't mean everyone is.

You have their own words what the protests are about, and you refuse to believe it. 

Not to mention you keep posting like you know what these protests are really about. That you know what these players are really doing. All while insulting them and not providing any bit of evidence other than "trust me with these negroes." 

When did I say I think this is "so cool". Jesus Christ try not to Typical Steve for two seconds. 

But seriously I posted you an article saying that these protests are focused on Trump. You want to pretend that it's all some sort of deep-seated love for the downtrodden, great.

Plus if you don't think they're counterproductive and are actually making all the bad people love Intercity criminals more than let's go with that. It's stupid but it is typical Woody.

WSS

27 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

But seriously I posted you an article saying that these protests are focused on Trump.

WSS

Before the election and Trumps words calling those on field "son a bitch",  No... the protests were not focused on Trump.

He did however invite such focus on himself with his careless of choice words as the leader of the free world.    Thus, the focus is well deserved.  

Just now, tiamat63 said:

Before the election and Trumps words call those on field "son a bitch",  No... the protests were not focused on Trump.

He did however invite such focus on himself with his careless of choice words as the leader of the free world.    Thus, the focus is well deserved.  

Deserved or not that's where the focus is which is what I said. The protests were pretty much smooth over until Trump decided to shoot off his mouth. The fact that he's an arsehole does not make my statement incorrect. 

Maybe he's trying to stir up his base. Just like the Democrats and their bloc vote are stirring up there base.

WSS

4 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Deserved or not that's where the focus is which is what I said. The protests were pretty much smooth over until Trump decided to shoot off his mouth. The fact that he's an arsehole does not make my statement incorrect. 

Maybe he's trying to stir up his base. Just like the Democrats and their bloc vote are stirring up there base.

WSS

I just don't find it worth complaining about the direction in which some of the more venomous things are directed when the man invited it upon himself.

For what it's worth you do have a bit of a point - most of these guys have no idea why they're kneeling, maybe at best a vague concept but really can't articulate it.   Which there in lies probably 75% of the issue.    Some can though, as the league isn't completely filled by dull minds.    It is those that should be speaking the loudest and most often.  Then I feel there would be far less issues communicating the general point many want conveyed.  

1 hour ago, tiamat63 said:

I just don't find it worth complaining about the direction in which some of the more venomous things are directed when the man invited it upon himself.

I'm not necessarily complaining just pointing out what I think the core of the protest is about now. I never denied that Trump brings it on himself. I agree with his position but if it was me I wouldn't have said so.

For what it's worth you do have a bit of a point - most of these guys have no idea why they're kneeling, maybe at best a vague concept but really can't articulate it.   Which there in lies probably 75% of the issue.   

actually I don't think anybody can distill the point of the protest satisfactorily. I mean if it's about police brutality not the most racist negro hating member of this board wants to see a black man killed unnecessarily or a minor criminal beaten up.

Some can though, as the league isn't completely filled by dull minds.   

well maybe...

It is those that should be speaking the loudest and most often.  Then I feel there would be far less issues communicating the general point many want conveyed.  

Edit

Plus Tia, has there ever been a time that you think that incidents of police brutality have actually been under-reported and we need NFL players to bring it to attention?

And like I said before however many people are going to be murdered in Chicago just over this weekend Oh, you think anybody here will ever hear their names?

Maybe that would be a more appropriate protest.

WSS

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

As always, typical Steve is being right and making you look like the idiot that you are.

WSS

No. Typical Steve is putting words on other people's mouths and stating things as facts (the players really think this) without having anything to back it up.

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

But seriously I posted you an article saying that these protests are focused on Trump. You want to pretend that it's all some sort of deep-seated love for the downtrodden, great.

Plus if you don't think they're counterproductive and are actually making all the bad people love Intercity criminals more than let's go with that. It's stupid but it is typical Woody.

WSS

That's not what the article said

"All the bad people love Intercity criminals". When you say Sheet like that, word stuff like that, what's the point in even trying to break through? Another typical Steve. Using hyperbolic wording, or anything along those lines, to further twist what the "other side" is actually saying. Forcing them to respond to that in the next post, detracting from any progress potentially being made. 

39 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

That's not what the article said

"All the bad people love Intercity criminals". When you say Sheet like that, word stuff like that, what's the point in even trying to break through? Another typical Steve. Using hyperbolic wording, or anything along those lines, to further twist what the "other side" is actually saying. Forcing them to respond to that in the next post, detracting from any progress potentially being made. 

39 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

No doubt their intentions are selfless and pure.

Regardless it doesn't appear I have forced you to respond in any manner that would detract from any progress, potential or otherwise.

WSS

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/09/24/trump-attacks-nfl-again-243062

4 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Stuart

The level of denial from you simpletons is astounding.

There is no question that after Trumps comment that there was intense backlash from the players and owners and a sharp increase in protests around the league.

Gee,  could it be that Donald Trump brought a new heightened awareness to racism and oppression that wasn't there before?????....or is it because these players just wanna tell Trump "you're not the boss of me".

Which is it Woodley?

A link from that very article.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/25/sports/trump-nfl.html

im gonna come back in 1-2 years and tell typical steve I told you so. Told him what? Told him, and all of you, that keeping them in the lockers won't be the end of this. See, this coming year...there's gonna be a lot of players in the lockeroom. I predict a decent amt of white players will go in there too. Why? Well at first it'll of course be solidarity with the black players blah blah blah. Same goes for the black players that didn't kneel last year and didn't have any intention of. Soon as they realize they can chill in the lockeroom and get ready for the game how they want without having to sit through the weekly fake show of patriotism that sporting events make us sit through before game time. Players are going to absent in droves in the not too distant future. And when that happens, mark my words....Trump will open his mouth again about how the NFL oughta get those kniggers I mean sons of bitches out of the lockeroom and do as they're told. This will boil over all over again I promise you all. 

The players complaining about being in the lockeroom next year will probably stfu after a couple games and realize it's a win to not have to be out there listening to that lame song and watching everyone pretend for a few minutes a week that we all give a sht about each other when each and every one of you knows we don't .This country is about getting urs and fcking over as many people as necessary in order to get ahead. Was always that way. And when trumps ratings flag again, he'll tweet a picture of empty sidelines during the anthem. 

It is my opinion that these libturds who hate our Flag, our Anthem, our Country - are the same fools who got a free ride in college,

got away with stuff in hs and college, love violent theme rap, and know nothing of American history, outside of what they learned in black history studies.

The truth is, they got a free ride in college, now they make millions of dollars, and it makes them feel guilty that they

don't give their millions to help the poor.

So, they say it's "America's fault" and they won't honor anything about America because of their own guilt,

and they obamao "get in their faces" because they want the poor to hate America....

instead of them - who have very expensive homes, plenty of bling, the most expensive tv's/stereos/video games/cars. etc etc etc.

and, they are racist.

Some whine about injustice of some police to blacks... I say there are all sorts of Americans of different colors who run into trouble with a bad policeman here and there.

How a black player can feel like a "victim" after a free ride in college and making millions and millions in the NFL, NBA.... is just bs.

On 5/28/2018 at 1:43 PM, Westside Steve said:

Just for the record and this is just one town.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/tag/weekend-violence/

Haven't heard of a single protest. You?

WSS

Gotta love it how all the libtards ignore what's going on in Chicago.

Archived