THE BROWNS BOARD

NFL & National Anthem (rules)

JAFBF

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

I heard that Hillary Clinton hired a yeti to pose as a member of the NFLPA to help get this passed. What is the end game, JAF?!

There is more back story in a video I'll be posting later in my other thread (no way to break it out), interesting stuff.

1 hour ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

Social media is usually used for people bed wetting and screeching on both sides. 

Watch out, Woody will have a fit because you said bedwetting and screeching. 

And you are right, social media makes this place look like a graduate assistant Roundtable.

WSS

20 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Watch out, Woody will have a fit because you said bedwetting and screeching. 

And you are right, social media makes this place look like a graduate assistant Roundtable.

WSS

He actually said it in reference to both sides. That's the main difference

You're second statement is a scary thought

Well, it looks like the video got deleted.

I'll try to summarize what was in it, most likely won't do it justice, and will probably leave out quite a bit.

The question came up as to why the Owners would allow this destruction of their Brand/Product to happen as it has ?

New CBA.

The Owners are going to point to the lost Revenue / damage done in the new contract negotiations.

Essentially, the Owner should have them over the Barrel for all the flak they've caused.

More to it, but that's the gist.

Now this is not the Team I expected to see doing this :

image.png.a026deedc43d418f7681ac7a401b9822.png

https://www.newsday.com/sports/football/jets/national-anthem-christopher-johnson-fines-1.18700702

So are they setting things up for more negotiation leverage, or are they really this far gone ?

They can most certainly protest on their own time. In the NFL they are getting paid millions of dollars to entertain people who don't give a damn about their protest.

I would assume a burger flipper at McDonald's would get fired if he chose to offend restaurant customers in order to protest the fact Insane Clown Posse is not in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

WSS

29 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Of course that equates ICP in the Hall to the feeling racism still exists in America

Or assumes there really are a lot of people that give a Sheet about these protests and it's not just a vocal minority 

Not trying to equate the two. I think Insane Clown Posse being in the Hall of Fame is a much more important issue.

WSS

So if I protest police officers across America with no distinction as to who the bad ones are and who the good ones are, would I be profiling?  It's literally the same mentality these protesters claim to be bringing attention too.  Taking a broad approach to lecture people about broad approaches seems wildly hypocritical.  How about pointing out specific instances so that I can decide whether that specific situation I'm with you or not.  There is no such thing as institutional racism anymore, but you can certainly claim some individuals are racist.  I'm perfectly fine calling them out, but kneeling during a time of respect for social injustice of people you have no evidence were, as individuals, ever wronged to begin with is mindlessly stupid.  You can't suggest profiling is ok for your point, but is technically not for people you disagree with.  It's either wrong or it's not.  They're just using the same exact LOGIC a racist would use to form an opinion, they're just not saying directly racist things.  You will only get simpletons in your "movement" if that is the extent of your reasoning.  Try leading without emulating what your supposed to be against, instead of reinforcing the stereotype athletes aren't articulate enough to even approach this subject.

They don't care about Trump and you know it. The NFL owners carry about the majority of their customers who probably see this protest as an insult to not only the flag but the national anthem in the United States of America.

Those are the guys that buy the tickets the jerseys watch the TV broadcasts listen to the radio shows etc etc etc and it's from them that the billions of dollars roll in to make these semi-literate players wealthy and give them the idea that they are all powerful. 

Furthermore the players don't even care about the protests they're just being arseholes because they hate the president.

IMO

WSS

37 minutes ago, StinkHole said:

Stuart

Look it up yourself lazy asss libtard.

Smh. Are you trying to compete with others on here?

Reid wrote an op Ed in the NYT

We spoke at length about many of the issues that face our community, including systemic oppression against people of color, police brutality and the criminal justice system. We also discussed how we could use our platform, provided to us by being professional athletes in the N.F.L., to speak for those who are voiceless.

After hours of careful consideration, and even a visit from Nate Boyer, a retired Green Beret and former NFL player, we came to the conclusion that we should kneel, rather than sit, the next day during the anthem as a peaceful protest. We chose to kneel because it’s a respectful gesture. I remember thinking our posture was like a flag flown at half-mast to mark a tragedy.

4 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Smh. Are you trying to compete with others on here?

Reid wrote an op Ed in the NYT

Compete? As in who is better at making you look stupid?

I didn't ask for proof that some ex- military guy believes players have the right to protest. That we already know.

I asked you to take it upon yourself to find evidence that NFL players hate Trump...instead of demanding WSS do it for you.

6 hours ago, StinkHole said:

Compete? As in who is better at making you look stupid?

I didn't ask for proof that some ex- military guy believes players have the right to protest. That we already know.

I asked you to take it upon yourself to find evidence that NFL players hate Trump...instead of demanding WSS do it for you.

Well part of Woody's MO is to deny facts while manding documentation. Of course there's no way to document the fact that these Negroes hate the president except by comparing the end of last season where there was only a smattering of "protests" but later Trump Tazza saw that one of those love it or leave it statements and now they are up in arms.

That's beside the point that their so-called protest is actually counter productive but they don't care about that and I would venture to say that the mainstream media loves it because it whoops up the Great unwashed and inspires them to get off the couch and November and food.

Seriously if they wanted to make the problem better they would use this inspiration to tell their people not to commit Violet and drug-related crimes at a rate much higher than the average citizen. And those numbers could easily be documented.

But again as with most affluent and spoiled kids the attention is the goal not a solution to the problem. Someone in his twenties who has been shepherded through school and life because he has a physical gift is likely to think pretty highly of himself.

It's my opinion that almost all protest boils down to attention, and that includes the Tea Party or supporters of Confederate monuments, but it's usually the left, and or younger people, really because conservatives tend to be middle-aged. Not always.

I'm not saying that police officers overreacting with black criminal suspects is a good thing, it's just that it's BS to say they are bringing attention to it. Every single isolated incident whether it's right or wrong is all over the front pages of the papers and the internet. All the while let's say right this minute there are a multitude of reasonably innocent young black males being gunned down in the street or women being raped and murdered and without looking it up on the internet I bet those who support the NFL protest wouldn't know any of their names.

WSS

PS I read a clever but ridiculous take from a hard left guy on Facebook. Strange fellow posts all the time about his church Etc and then immediately upon coming home posts a dozen hate-filled Trump posts. But his take, (because he knows many conservatives profess to be Christians) is that the NFL is denying these players there right to express their religion by praying for peace in the Inner City. Says that many religions require the followers pray on their knees. I realize nobody here has he used that oh, I just thought it was funny.

WSS

I posted a quote from one of the players that started the protest to tell you what it was about. That is why they're protesting. Not to disrespect the military, or police. Not because they just hate Trump so much. Not because you somehow think they've all grown up as spoiled brats all life trying to seek attention...

That was in response to Steve proclaiming he REALLY knew what it was about, though he provided no evidence. He then proceeded to make a bunch of claims without any support, but that's nothing new. Going on and on about the real motives, because he actual knows, just because

Archived