THE BROWNS BOARD

Rubio wants to undo Trump's China deal

Okay we know that JB was kind of worked up about this, but take a deep breath and think about it. Yhe same people who scream about raising tariffs on the Chinese Goods assumedly to help balance the playing field are the same ones who are now having a fit about an olive branch Trump gave to the Chinese. Now you don't care about the trade War? Or just more interested in stirring up trouble?

GOP Sen. Marco Rubio threatens 'veto-proof congressional action' to check Trump's move to save Chinese telecom company ZTE

https://search.app.goo.gl/kF2zk

Shared from my Google feed

WSS

The Hill: Senate panel overwhelmingly approves amendment blocking Trump on ZTE

"The Senate Banking Committee approved an amendment in an overwhelming and bipartisan 23-2 vote that would block Trump from easing sanctions on ZTE without first certifying to Congress that the company is complying with U.S. law...

...The Department of Commerce barred U.S. businesses from selling to ZTE last month after it found that the company had lied to investigators looking into its business with Iran and North Korea.

The ban crippled ZTE, which is heavily reliant on U.S. suppliers, and forced the company to shutter its operations earlier this month.

ZTE and Huawei, another Chinese firm, have been the subject of intense scrutiny from the U.S. government. A 2012 report from Congress warned that the companies' technology could be used by the Chinese government to conduct surveillance on the U.S."
----------
What I bolded is the operative phrase that you are missing in your argument. ZTE and Huawei weren't sanctioned as part of the on going trade war with China, they were sanctioned because they were doing an end-around of US sanctions of North Korea and Iran while lying to the US about it, and also using their technology to spy on the US for the Chinese government. 

So, Rubio and the others are saying that the Senate won't lift lift sanctions or ratify any economic treaty with China over ZTE until they comply with US laws; which, according to Article II of the Constitution, is within the Senate's perview to do:

"[The President] shall have Power, by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, to make Treaties, provided two thirds of the Senators present concur..." - Article II, Section 2, Clause 2, of the United States Constitution

I'm not arguing that it isn't within the power of the senate to snag up the deal. Not even arguing that the stipulation  is  completely wrong. Just saying that it's a shot across China bow. So for those who were in fear of dealing too harshly with the Chinese, now it's cool because you get to take a swipe at Trump. I understand. 

WSS

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

now it's cool because you get to take a swipe at Trump's pocketbook. I understand. 

WSS

FIFY-Trump empire is heavily involved in $$$ coming in from ZTE. Did you really think this had anything to do with anyone but Trump? It's called conflict of interest a.k.a. unethical and illegal under emoluments clause of the Constitution.

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-zte-order-after-china-gave-millions-to-trump-organization-tied-project-2018-5

You guys still refuse to recognize the huckster.

1 hour ago, calfoxwc said:

"But public criticism of the China deal by fellow Republicans and Trump supporters appears to be outweighing concern about a trade war among farm-state Republicans, retailers and others. Trump has also found himself under attack for retreating from penalties his administration announced against a large Chinese telecommunications company, ZTE Corp., for violating U.S. sanctions against Iran and North Korea...

...Trump’s about-face on ZTE adds to his allies’ concerns. The Commerce Department announced April 16 that the company would be cut off from its U.S. suppliers, crippling its business, for what Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross called “egregious” violations of U.S. sanctions. But Trump said on Tuesday that he had agreed to re-examine the matter as a personal favor to Chinese President Xi Jinping.

Trump said the U.S. may instead require that ZTE appoint a new board of directors and pay a “very large fine” of perhaps $1.3 billion.

Fourteen Republican senators including the party’s second-ranking leader, John Cornyn of Texas, joined 13 Democratic and independent senators in sending Trump a public letter Tuesday urging him not to soften ZTE’s punishment. They called ZTE’s sanction violations “serial and pre-meditated.”

------------

This is from the very article you posted, and it lines up with what Tex was saying earlier - yet again proving that you really don't read much of anything that you post as sources.

37 minutes ago, jbluhm86 said:

"But public criticism of the China deal by fellow Republicans and Trump supporters appears to be outweighing concern about a trade war among farm-state Republicans, retailers and others. Trump has also found himself under attack for retreating from penalties his administration announced against a large Chinese telecommunications company, ZTE Corp., for violating U.S. sanctions against Iran and North Korea...

...Trump’s about-face on ZTE adds to his allies’ concerns. The Commerce Department announced April 16 that the company would be cut off from its U.S. suppliers, crippling its business, for what Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross called “egregious” violations of U.S. sanctions. But Trump said on Tuesday that he had agreed to re-examine the matter as a personal favor to Chinese President Xi Jinping.

Trump said the U.S. may instead require that ZTE appoint a new board of directors and pay a “very large fine” of perhaps $1.3 billion.

Fourteen Republican senators including the party’s second-ranking leader, John Cornyn of Texas, joined 13 Democratic and independent senators in sending Trump a public letter Tuesday urging him not to soften ZTE’s punishment. They called ZTE’s sanction violations “serial and pre-meditated.”

------------

This is from the very article you posted, and it lines up with what Tex was saying earlier - yet again proving that you really don't read much of anything that you post as sources.

It would appear so.

B)

The fact remains that it seems some who were scared about a trade War because of some perfectly acceptable tariffs are now banging the get-tough with China drum.

WSS

1 hour ago, jbluhm86 said:

Of course I read it, sheethead - but simply because "a" preceeds "b", doesn't mean that "a" CAUSED "b".

It looks bad, sure, but there is also the problem of zte buying huge amounts of parts for their phones from American companies.

You can't bitch about Trump being tough on China, then turn around and bitch that he is too easy on China.

Rubio is an opportunistic fraud, but it is true, that China needs to stop their crap with trade theft, violations of copyright, etc etc etc.

They won't, and not even Trump can get a deal that does it.

I hate China - it's sickening to have "made in china" every freaking where.

you could learn something. go ahead, but then again, you are an idiot...so...

it is called:

Post hoc ergo propter hoc

often referred to as "post hoc fallacy"

which still begs the question - you didn't understand what I posted, mocked it,

apparently as bogus, so I showed you what it is called - and you misdirected your answer to hide the fact...why ?

Why can't you admit you don't have a clue, don't understand, are too cowardly to have a real opinion on the subjects running?

any subject. Just ONE freakin subject with an intelligent response.

you are ignorant in most ways, woodpecker.

7 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

which still begs the question - you didn't understand what I posted, mocked it,

apparently as bogus, so I showed you what it is called - and you misdirected your answer to hide the fact...why ?

Why can't you admit you don't have a clue, don't understand, are too cowardly to have a real opinion on the subjects running?

any subject. Just ONE freakin subject with an intelligent response.

you are ignorant in most ways, woodpecker.

Your lack of self awareness has spilled over into an inability to follow along with a joke I guess.

13 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

I hate China - it's sickening to have "made in china" every freaking where.

Well then take a look at your pistol cal. Feel better now?  :D

" 100% American made by American people. "

https://www.sccy.com/about-us/

Ruger too BTW.:)

2 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Your lack of self awareness has spilled over into an inability to follow along with a joke I guess.

you never joke, you ARE a joke. You have no idea about much of anything at all. Why can't you just join the board in talking about political issues ? or, are you aware you never do ?

Learning about what you don't know...which is most everything cept maybe numbers in engineering...would be a great start.

Archived