THE BROWNS BOARD

One More Time - the pansy liberal "nobody wants to take your guns" is a lie

calfoxwc

They have given up pretending to respect our 2nd Amendment, and our right to our guns.

Now they are way out into the open - like on many other issues. Our Founders were BRILLIANT.

https://www.ammoland.com/2018/05/anti-gun-democrat-proposes-banning-semi-autos-going-after-resisters/?utm_source=Ammoland+Subscribers&utm_campaign=8931c76a6e-RSS_EMAIL_CAMPAIGN&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_6f6fac3eaa-8931c76a6e-20770865#axzz5G9kjcKCg

Supreme court has already done a lot in support of the 2nd amendment. Anything done now against that history is fighting more than just an uphill battle. Any new legislative attempts will have to account for and include the crux of and guidance from those rulings or fall apart before it even gets past the lower courts that have those rulings in hand..

BTW I am going back through the new License to Carry class/qualification hoops next month. They changed it from my old Concealed Carry License to a newer more inclusive License to Carry which allows both open and/or concealed handgun carry. Personally I would never carry it open. Makes no sense to give a heads up to a potential adversary.

Now I'm researching states with reciprocity. Glad that includes Colorado because now I can legally do on my longer mountain hikes what I haveĀ  always done, carry a loaded pistol when I'm out in the middle of nowhere.

that's cool. I'm still looking for the perfect 9mm ccw gun. My CTX-1 is just a big too small for my hand. It's annoying when I go out back and shoot. and I want to get myself a backup .22 magnum pistol for small stuff, like a rattlesnake, etc....and for my bugout bag. LOL

I noticed we now have Washington State on our list - that's a great thing - we want to go to the Pacific NW with friends on a trip,

camping out along the way. That would suck if you went that far, had to stop for the entire west coast.

and going to Alaska driving... no pistols. Those idiots in Canada.\

Here is the map I depend on a lot. You're in Texas..?, you have a very similar reciprocity map as we do in Ohio...

https://www.usacarry.com/concealed_carry_permit_reciprocity_maps.html

if we go out west, it's pretty ridiculous to go around Illinois. I have to do more research, but this site helps...

https://www.usacarry.com/forums/traveling-with-handguns/43802-traveling-through-illinois-without-reciprocity.html

and per federal law, you can traverse across an "enemy" state, if your firearm is unloaded and locked up, with your ammo also

locked up in your car. You can stop for bathroom, food, gas, but that is all. But still, there is the liberal hater harrassment factor -

meeting the wrong ...corrupt cop on a lonesome highway, and him being a liar. Like, he could order you to admit you had one, order you to open up the case "so he can be sure it's unloaded"...

and then arrest you for having the gun in the open, not locked up, and then denying he ordered....

yeah. something like that, like in some movie. Might have to look into that ccw insurance because of stupid anti-2nd Amendment bastard sombeitches.

Cal I assume you meant the SCCY CPX-1 9mm. My new Ruger is about 1/2 in. in height taller, but thinner by .1 in. and .3 in. longer. The finger extension on the magazines makes it fit just about right. That extra 1/2 in. likely makes the difference. Try it out before you buy another. Really nice pistol and because it is striker fired the trigger pull is very smooth and easy. They do make 9 round single stack mags and that would give you even more hand room since they also come with finger extensions. A lot of flexibility there and still small enough to conceal well.

yep, that is it. I'll look into the Ruger, the last time I was out shopping, the Ruger I looked at, didn't have a manual safety.

I just can't go without a manual safety - doesn't make sense to me. I have a new Taurus 9mm, but I'm not sure about the quality of it in the long run. When I had my index finger operated on, left hand, I tried and tried, and I couldn't get the (^(*&^ thing to come apart to clean it. That ticked me off. so...

is your Ruger the Security 9 ?

sounds like a great gun - has aluminum rails?

but who cares unless you really go through a lot of boxes of ammo over time.

Ā 

5 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

yep, that is it. I'll look into the Ruger, the last time I was out shopping, the Ruger I looked at, didn't have a manual safety.

I just can't go without a manual safety - doesn't make sense to me. I have a new Taurus 9mm, but I'm not sure about the quality of it in the long run. When I had my index finger operated on, left hand, I tried and tried, and I couldn't get the (^(*&^ thing to come apart to clean it. That ticked me off. so...

is your Ruger the Security 9 ?

sounds like a great gun - has aluminum rails?

but who cares unless you really go through a lot of boxes of ammo over time.

Ā 

No I got the LC9s with the manual safety. Ruger makes a quality pistol. I doubt I have enough time left to wear it out.They do warn you not to put too much +P ammo through it though. Now that seems to mean hundreds of rounds so I don't worry too much about it. Those are the kind of round you just want to keep in it for defense anyway, not to keep in practice with.

But I've always taken great care of them as I was taught. The Ruger .357 Mag Blackhawk single action 6 revolver I bought in 1971 still looks like I just took it out of the box yesterday. AlwaysĀ  use solvent immediately after I'm done firing and keep a nice coat of gun oil on them when done. From time to time I use an oil rag on them whether I use them or not,Ā  just to be sure they stay in great condition. That one has walnut grips so I use the same oil rag on it to keep it from drying out and cracking. Seems to have worked well all these years.

EDIT: Interesting side note. Texas has a law that says your car is an extension of your home and you are allowed to carry a loaded weapon in the car any time without needing a license. Like the licensed carrier you are still required to inform any officer of the law that you have it if you are stopped for any reason. And required to turn it over if requested.

That is worth three up arrows, Tex ! Cleaning them immaculately, storing them safety, etc is that part of responsibility most non-gun owners don't know anything about. Too bad. I guess that would include some gun-owners... not good.

I'll have to go check out the LC9 - been a few years, but they improve those all the time. Maybe the .22 mag backup pistol will be a revolver.... not sure yet.

5 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

That is worth three up arrows, Tex ! Cleaning them immaculately, storing them safety, etc is that part of responsibility most non-gun owners don't know anything about. Too bad. I guess that would include some gun-owners... not good.

I'll have to go check out the LC9 - been a few years, but they improve those all the time. Maybe the .22 mag backup pistol will be a revolver.... not sure yet.

Make sure it's the LC9s. The older LC9 is a hammer fired pistol and has a harder trigger pull. The 9s is striker fired and it makes a huge difference in ability to stay on target through the pull.

On 5/21/2018 at 8:26 PM, calfoxwc said:

Got a $22 solution to your pistol problem for larger hands cal. Adams makes a grip extender for your pistol that adds about an inch to the magazine without interfering with shooting in any way. I'm sure it comes with easy to read conversion instructions. That would give you about a 5 in. pistol height which is still very manageable for concealed carry. I looked for higher capacity magazines that usually add more height as well, but could not locate any for that type of pistol.

https://adamsgrips.com/products/cpx-2-9mm-grip-extension-by-adams-grips

9 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Got a $22 solution to your pistol problem for larger hands cal. Adams makes a grip extender for your pistol that adds about an inch to the magazine without interfering with shooting in any way. I'm sure it comes with easy to read conversion instructions. That would give you about a 5 in. pistol height which is still very manageable for concealed carry. I looked for higher capacity magazines that usually add more height as well, but could not locate any for that type of pistol.

https://adamsgrips.com/products/cpx-2-9mm-grip-extension-by-adams-grips

Dang. Great job! I'll be checking into it.

Archived