THE BROWNS BOARD

Jonathan Paul Manziel

Adoug319

I'd like to make a motion to the mods to lock and block all discussions pertaining to our starting QB until preseason at least. Doable?

Just going to dump it all into this awesome thread, and don't enter if you don't want to read it.

Zombo

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Johnny football will meet the same fate as pat white one hit and done. Hoyer is a professional and should a will start. Johnny will be a distaction and will bring the team down. He's a cry baby and if he does play and loses he will spiral into a state of notingness and take the team down with him. The best thing for Cleveland is to get him out of there as quick as possible to Washington for Kurt cousins, it was a absolute terrible draft once again Cleveland fucked it up 10 picks to start down to 6. The worst draft I have ever witnessed. Sad. They should have pick Watkins, dennard, Hyde now they have nothing but a circus. Guess hasslim wants to fill seats and does not care about building a winning team.

So you want to trade johnny football for a guy who's name you don't even know? It's not Kurt cousins

Retard. It's KIRK cousins. Kirk cousins. I award you no points, and may god have mercy on your soul.

Just stfu your condescending opinions are pure shit anyways.

Just wanted to cherish what Mikey thinks is a complement...

Done and done... moving on now...

I don't understand how you're real. I feel bad, but there's not much I can do to help--like the dude sleeping in a sleeping bag downtown when we leave the bar. I mean, I'd like to help you, but you gotta help yourself a little, man.

You mean the street dude that inspired Haslam to draft Manziel??? Sorry, Mikey... wasn't me...

I knew somewhere a bar was playing a role in the fueling your delusions of being the next Grantland Rice. I mean no one person can naturally have an ego as large as yours.

But if you really want to help me, you could check into the Betty Ford upon your SoCal return...

I/we get a break from your lectures as we digest the draft.

And you get sober and perhaps a little humility...

I'd call that a win-win.

i feel it's gonna be Hoyer. and should be until Johnny Franco can beat the blitz on a consistent basis.

that's all he's gonna see until he gets past it is blitzes and containment.

seems a lot of these suspected college fans are apparently not the most educated NFL fans. this is the AFCN...and if rookie QB's could step right in and be productive we wouldn't be on our like 22nd starter or whatever. probably 50 been through here including backups. think about that Manziel fans. maybe a slow approach once the line is gelling and he knows his receivers and the playbook might be a better approach for pro ball. i do realize he beat out that Showers guy his freshman year ^_^ but still...he's never once seen the brutal headhunters like he'll face every week in the NFL. preservation > impatience.

if Hoyer only starts one year and is at .500 or above it's a win. he achieves a dream playing for his hometown team and if it's Manziel time he'll show it. and if Hoyer plays another 5-10 years for the Browns backing up a franchise QB that's not such a bad gig either.

Johnny football will meet the same fate as pat white one hit and done. Hoyer is a professional and should a will start. Johnny will be a distaction and will bring the team down. He's a cry baby and if he does play and loses he will spiral into a state of notingness and take the team down with him. The best thing for Cleveland is to get him out of there as quick as possible to Washington for Kurt cousins, it was a absolute terrible draft once again Cleveland fucked it up 10 picks to start down to 6. The worst draft I have ever witnessed. Sad. They should have pick Watkins, dennard, Hyde now they have nothing but a circus. Guess hasslim wants to fill seats and does not care about building a winning team.

I don't understand fans like you. If you don't like a guy, that's fine. Why do you feel like you have to insult the person (never heard anybody refer to JF as a cry baby) and make assanine statements? Kirk Cousins? Because of one good game? Trade a potential superstar for a back up, makes sense...... The dude is a Brown now. I root for EVERY player and hope they succeed. I wouldnt give a shit if his name was Andy Dick as long as he plays hard and can help this team win. Give it time and see if he can prove himself. The Johnny Football persona is 100% media driven, coach Pettine even said that himself in a presser either today or yesterday. I watched the JF introductory presser and the dude IMO comes off as a humble young guy who wants to bust his ass and do whatever hes gotta do to get better and win for the Browns. Just calm the fuck down and have some patience.

You will learn this soon, Slim...

People who hate Johnny:

1. he acts black. they want their QB1 to score, give a subtle high five, then make sure their shirt is tucked in.

2. he's a rich, white, southern, male. this is basically the biggest sin possible to liberals. all 4... just criminal.

3. SEC Haters

4. SEC Lovers

5. People who went all-in on calling him a bust, or a big time problem off the field, ect. they're personally invested and the better he does, the more idiotic they look. Johnny will get a DUI at 50 years old and this guy will go.. "SEE , I told you!!!!" or heaven forbid he have a single truly bad game, (similar to a bad Payton game)

Basically, hate for Johnny is about the person hating, not Johnny. Guy is just a football player, it's not like he's drowning dogs or raping women. But boy o boy is he shattering world views, that is too much for some.

Who here is the same person they were when they were 18, 19, 20, or 21? Now imagine everything that has gone on in this kids life. But yet people (who don't know him or anyone who does) can speak in absolutes about his character. It's ridiculous.

so it has to be personal.

I think for sure Manziel is the next star QB in the NFL. The Browns are in for a decade of brilliance.

you Manziel fans sound so sure...you share his confidence. it's not even optimism, more belief and faith.

Browns fans are hopeful, but still justifiably-gun-shy burn-victim realists. sorry, just sounds too good to be true.

apprehension. disbelief. mistrust. skepticism. curse you! curse! doh!

Here we go ...

Zombo

Nothing like a good old QB controversy Z. :)

I don't think we will see Manziel start against the Steelers. I'd give him some time to learn the NFL system. I wouldn't want him to go on the disabled list after one game.

Correct- you dont see JF before the bye.

Whats with all the homosexual fantasies going on? I mean, I don't care, whatever,... your life your choice,... kind of a weird thing to be so extroverted about though.

Johnny will start. Do you guys really think he needs a year to learn the system when Vince Young (6) was signed? Me guessing the system is written in crayon.

Welcome to the Board- gay jokes and homo references abound. Now Regarding JF ya see we have these teams up north called Ohio State And Michigan- so we know a thing or two about college football, and hate to tell ya- it ain't the pros. Did Johnny call out his line protections, or look past Mike Evans? Shit I saw a bunch of YouTube where he took off running when he has a WR wide open. That sort of stuff don't cut it in the pros.

Walter this "he fucked more bitches than you" schtick is getting old bro gotta tell you.

TBH with you I, @ 24 years old could give two fucks less how many hot bitches he gets to fuck and I don't. I'm perfectly happy with the beautiful fiance I have, she has that good good if you know what I mean B). There are benefits to settling down with a WOMAN who is not a complete whore like the majority of the women Johnny has fucked prob are.

So please let's get over the he is cooler and than you and fucks more bitches than you Walter. You would go so much further and make much better points if you argued for his play on the field and the various GOOD character traits that JF possesses like leadership and giving back to his community, not how many dirty, abused snatches he has managed to tag the last three years....

Exactly.

5NeX1Gv.jpg

So delusional. Because we're not willing to bow down to the "supposed" greatness of JF, we're haters? Call it skeptics. Show me JF that you're the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Manziel Mania has only just began.

Everyone get ready for the next 10-15 years of Manziel Mania.

Get ready for the first 10-15 weeks after he blows out a knee.

New here. Lifelong Browns fan. I joined this board just to say how much I hate the Manziel pick. Circus clown. This dude has Ryan Leaf written all over him. Little man is gonna get crushed against a disciplined, pro defense.

All the Johnny Football cocksuckers can suck it. Makes me wanna puke that all the cocksucking will be going on in Cleveland.

A true JF hatah. I love it.

I'd like to make a motion to the mods to lock and block all discussions pertaining to our starting QB until preseason at least. Doable?

We can't do that another thread will start soon enough. I think I have a solution though.....

You will learn this soon, Slim... People who hate Johnny: 1. he acts black. they want their QB1 to score, give a subtle high five, then make sure their shirt is tucked in. 2. he's a rich, white, southern, male. this is basically the biggest sin possible to liberals. all 4... just criminal. 3. SEC Haters 4. SEC Lovers 5. People who went all-in on calling him a bust, or a big time problem off the field, ect. they're personally invested and the better he does, the more idiotic they look. Johnny will get a DUI at 50 years old and this guy will go.. "SEE , I told you!!!!" or heaven forbid he have a single truly bad game, (similar to a bad Payton game) Basically, hate for Johnny is about the person hating, not Johnny. Guy is just a football player, it's not like he's drowning dogs or raping women. But boy o boy is he shattering world views, that is too much for some. Who here is the same person they were when they were 18, 19, 20, or 21? Now imagine everything that has gone on in this kids life. But yet people (who don't know him or anyone who does) can speak in absolutes about his character. It's ridiculous. so it has to be personal.

He shattered a bunch of college records, won a Heisman. He's also smaller than Colt McCoy- who I saw Ndamakong Suh toss around with one hand like a freaking rag doll. Tim Tebow, Troy Smith, Matt Leinart, Jason White, Eric Crouch, Chris Weinke. There's a short list of recent qb Heisman winners in the NFL sorry if I'm not terribly impressed.

I'm not a hater- but college stats mean shit around here- starting with Tim Couch Courtney Brown Gerrad Warren and Willie Green. I can give you a litany of great college players that busted big time in the pros if you want me to continue. .

you Manziel fans sound so sure...you share his confidence. it's not even optimism, more belief and faith.

Browns fans are hopeful, but still justifiably-gun-shy burn-victim realists. sorry, just sounds too good to be true.

apprehension. disbelief. mistrust. skepticism. curse you! curse! doh!

Exactly There's a huge influx of JF fans- NOT Browns fans mind you. They would have been extolling Johnny's greatness regardless of which team selected him.

We've been burned far too many times to not be skeptics- hell even the Browns FO is taking a huge risk on the guy.

How many more months of JF lovers? Ugh. Now some assume we don't know college football? Or the JF hate is politically based?

Yeah, SEC fans are awful and the conference is overrated. The teams benefit from SEC ratings bias, over signing, shady recruiting, immoral roster management, etc.

Yeah JF took money in college and should have been suspended. Dez Bryant is shaking his head. The NCAA has no backbone.

Those aren't why people aren't in love with JF though. He benefited from a great WR he could throw up jump balls to. He relied on his legs too much in situations where he had the pass. He's small and his play style isn't exactly a conservative one.

The guy is a brown now and I hope he plays fantastically. I just am not betting on that at this point. I also do not see him starting unless the season is lost anyway or Hoyer gets hurt.

We get it man, you hate Manziel and want him to fail and get hurt.

I don't care if you're a mod or not, that's the lamest shit I've ever seen from a Browns fan.

We can debate the pick all you want but this is just childish

He hasn't even been given a chance and you're wanting him to fail.

I don't care who he is, as long as he's in a Browns jersey I'll never root for one of OUR OWN players to get hurt or fail.

"Everyone get ready for the next 10-15 years of Manziel Mania"

You have no way in hell of knowing that's anywhere near reality. I just took it to the other extreme,

It's called sarcasm WW JF fanboy extraordinaire. - get used to it. Maybe you should pull your head out of Manziel's ass for a minute, get some fresh air, and get a dose of reality- 10-15 years of greatness? He's better than those other guys?

He was drafted in the same spot as Brady Quinn and Brandon Weeden- there's your fact- and he has about as much potential as those other two highly touted qbs. I've even given you your very own thread where you can spout off how freaking great JF is going to be- even though he hasn't played a down yet in the NFL.

I just don't understand why they didn't take Marquise Lee at 35, that's incredible value at that spot.

He'd be a great #2 receiver or #1 while Gordon is serving his time.

What an epic fuck up in round 2

the only pick I questioned was Kirksey, but after thinking about it, it makes sense. Guys like Borland are a dime a dozen, we can get guys to anchor in the run game. Finding a 240Lb guy to also run with these evolving TEs is a different story. Bitonio i had rated only a bit under Sua Filo, who I bet woulda been the pick had he been there. I thought both would be good. I said from the beginning we didnt need a reciever, but that was before the Gordon news broke. We filled every hole on this roster other than reciever (and maybe FS, but Gipson was decent-good last year). My bet is Gordon only gets 4-6 games and we sign another guy till then. Even if Gordon gets a season there was no replacing him until he'd be back anyways. Say you draft Watkins, rookie recievers dont come in and tear it up right away. By the time hes ready to break out, Gordons back.

The New England Patriots took a long look at some of the top quarterbacks in the 2014 draft. Regarding Johnny Manziel, they reportedly didn’t like what they saw very much.

BroBible.com claims that it has obtained the Patriots’ scouting report on Manziel, and the entire thing has been posted online.

It looks legitimate, and it expresses various worries about Manziel’s off-field habits, including a somewhat bizarre reference to “outlaw bloodlines.” The report also describes Manziel as a “spoiled brat” who gets an allowance from his grandfather and whose father bought him a luxury car.

From a football standpoint, Texas Tech sources told the Patriots that coaches “can’t yell/scream at him or he shuts down; has walked away from [former Texas A&M offensive coordinator Kliff] Kingsbury in the past,” and that Manziel doesn’t study the game.

If the report is legitimate (and if it’s counterfeit it’s an excellent job), the question becomes how it surfaced. It reportedly came from “an anonymous tipster, who is close to BroBible family,” a description that seems to be a bit inconsistent.

Within the NFL, speculation (and to be clear, it’s just speculation) has arisen that the leaking of the scouting report bears in some way, shape, or form the fingerprints of former Browns G.M. Mike Lombardi, who was fired by Cleveland and hired by New England. Lombardi’s motivation, if the speculation is accurate, would be to make the Browns look bad for taking Manziel.

It’s an obvious starting point for the Patriots and/or the NFL if/when this is investigated. It’s so obvious that we have a hard time believing Lombardi had anything to do with it.

The far better theory would be that someone within the Patriots organization who doesn’t like Lombardi leaked it simply to create a hassle for Lombardi, which this situation undoubtedly will.

I think Farmer and Lombardi are on really good terms, so I wouldn't put to much thought into conspiracy theories.

Just more motivation for Johnny.

Zombo

Who gives a fuck what the Patriots thought, especially Lombardi. Obviously, Farmer and Pettine did their due diligence and decided he was worth the risk @ 22. I'm not a big Manziel fan but Christ, gimme a break.

la-dee-da.gif

I'm pretty sure this report is fake. Jeff Howe, who is a New England beat writer, said on Twitter that the numerical draft grade on the report is not how the Patriots present it.

Fake. Not how Patriots numerical draft grades are presented RT @Nick_Underhill: http://www.brobible.com/sports/article/johnny-manziel-scouting-report-new-england-patriots/ RT @Raycribs: care to enlighten us?

Jeff Howe @jeffphowe May 9

From Nick Caserio's meeting w/ media in 2011, here's a photo of a Patriots draft grade. Not nearly as simple as "6.5" http://atp.patsfans.com/2011/04/14/nick-caserio-gives-glimpse-of-pats-draft-process/#.U20ZoFfhAmE

He also said in his Twitter that the site BroBible.com REACHED out to the Pats to ask if it was real or not. If it was legit why would they even need to ask?

Jeff Howe @jeffphowe May 9

@stoolpresidente And if Brobible "knew" it was real, why would they reach out to the Patriots for comment to ask if it's real, right?

It's either more media fodder or some guy making a quick buck off suckers or both.

Archived