THE BROWNS BOARD

Jonathan Paul Manziel

Adoug319

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I listened to a nice bit on NPR about the Browns and Manziel.

I doubt the Browns have ever been featured on NPR with a 2 minute segement. I love it. We are Johnny Football!

I listened to a nice bit on NPR about the Browns and Manziel.

I doubt the Browns have ever been featured on NPR with a 2 minute segement. I love it. We are Johnny Football!

I can't believe football has ever been featured on NPR.

Eat shit you arrogant prick. Shame on me for defending my team against an asshole. According to my dentist teeth are good, according to my hot wife, big house, nice toys and fat check I am not the hillbilly you insinuate I am.

Everyone on the internet is rich and successful, didn't you know?

TXDawg's love affair with Johnny Football blows mine with Denard out of the freaking water.

His ceiling is GOAT? Get the fuck out of here...

are you going to argue against that or are you just going to derp de derp then claim o'doyle rules?

i honestly don't know if i can handle the stupidity of NFL fans. I really don't... Yes, GOAT is his ceiling. That's what some call, an "opinion". In this thread I've posted reasons I think he's that special.

Or in response should I just say:

no, you're stupid,doodoohead?

When JF throws the first TD pass against Pittsburgh in week 1, you'll all be doing the cash money sign with him.

Don't act like you won't.

He beats Pittsburgh week 1 and I'll be wearing a Johnny fucking football jersey to the Ravens game and sitting front row of the dawg pound.

Just wanted to say I am officially a Browns fan now and I hope you all realize how lucky you are to have a guy like JFF playing on the Browns.

I wish the Browns and Johnny all the success in the world. Bring the Browns back to Glory Johnny!!

Gig'Em Ags!!

Oh we've seen this before with player fans as opposed to team fans in the past.

How many new member signups has this board had in the last 15 hours?

Not as many as the guys who bought season tickets hoping JF will start day 1.

It was terrible, as an Aggie, to watch it all be about Manziel... I mean, the day after we beat Alabama at their house, all you heard about was Johnny. As an Aggie fan it was one of the most depressing days of my life. So, so sad.

Thanks-and all the media hype in the coming months in Berea is going to be all about JF. Some guys don't care, but I do.

There's no way that Hoyer is on the trading block at this point.

And, yes, Manziel is JUST a rookie QB at this point. He has a lot to prove before he becomes anything otherwise than that.

Like going through his progressions, and calling out line protections tha the didn't do much at A&M?

ok, he won the starting job as a freshman?

true.. but i think I was leaning on this a bit more:

he won the Heisman as a freshman. he broke Cam Newton's All purpose yards in a season in 2 less games as a freshman. he led A&M to their first 11 win season in decades as a freshman.

How does this translate to immediate success? It doesn't.

What it does is say that he needs to be coddled or treated like just someone who hasn't been through something similar before. It's proven immediate success.

I've said before he could be a bust or a GOAT. I, nor do you,know which it will be.

To say Johnny is no different from any other rookie is ridiculous. What other rookie has had to put up with that much scrutiny, attention in history? None. Some might come close but the answer is none... Actually if you don't understand what I'm talking about when i say Johnny is different and is not just another rookie,... making a spit bubble with my mouth would be more productive at this point.

\

Homer point- RG III was in the same boat, or St. Timothy Tebow. Manziel (deservedly) drew excessive attention to himself with his off-field antics.

No worries Tex. There was a lot of anti-Manziel guys on this board before the draft, and now theyre pouting. Loved the article, and it definitely shows a side of him ESPN never talked about. Thanks man!

Pouting? Not really. Like they say in Missouri- show me JF. You got a Johnny homer saying GOAT, does that mean Greediest of all Time? Hi Nike, you seem to agree. :)

Hoorta is so mad we got Johnny Football and I couldn't be happier. I love it.

Mad? You don't know what gets me mad kid. If I wanted to get MAD, I would have kicked your ass off for a month or two- and FYI a bunch of other posters asked me to do so. You going to be a ____ name the team fan if X team takes JF? I have legit reasons for questioning if Manziel will make it in the NFL- and so does Charlley Casserly who GMed a NFL franchise for years. The Browns were playing with house money- if he was as great as all the JF circle jerkers were claiming, he would have gotten drafted a lot higher than #22 (cursed pick BTW). And for the record dipwad, I had Watkins at #1 on my board, so how does that look now with Gordon probably gone for an extended period?

He's rooting for Manziel to tear an ACL, because he's a bitter old fossil.

Want me to start a poll what date Manziel goes on IR? $5 entry fee. LOL- I ain't bitter Mike- just realistic- 50+ years of football experience will do that for you. Joey Porter said he's waiting for the chance to break his smarmy ass in half, odds are- I'm betting on Porter.

And STFU. According to polls there's around 20% Cleveland fans that think JF was a bad pick. There's a significant minority siding with me. I may have been more vocal than most here but I'm not the only skeptic. Can't say hatah anymore- because I can't root for a Browns player to flop.

Still trying to figure out what in the hell is going on with this FO now... Seriously.

If they knew about Gordon and Burleson and did nothing to even TRY to answer the WR problem at all.

With Gordon gone, that is easily 15-20% of our scoring for the season.

I don't know how Little is still on this roster either. Suddenly, we look worse than we did at the beginning of last year with Weeden and Richardson. And that is sad.

Man this thread merge mess makes for some interesting reading...

New here as well, I can tell you that the number of Brown's fans in Texas has exploded in the last 12 hours.

First, let's get this straight... with one exception, none of you Johnny-Football-come-latelys are Browns fans.

You weren't Wednesday...

After a week you will not be heard from again until training camp opens...

And had any of 18 other NFL teams deemed your boy worthy enough, you would not be here now.

We Browns fans would be...

The one exception was a noob named H-Town Brown. In his very first post he introduced himself as a Manziel fan and then asked the forum to help him get to know the Browns. THAT is a new Browns fan in the making.

No, even when wrong you have to spin it to be right, somehow.

It's fascinating

Exactly what the fuck was he spinning? I swear your head is so far up your MikeHole the fumes have made you delusional.

Farmer said in December he wanted Manziel--it was reported last night, so claiming it was Haslams pick, even after Haslam said he wouldn't interfere (which the Anti-Manziel clan used to support their arguments that the Browns would pass on Manziel) is just denial.

Denial ain't jus a river in Egypt kids.

Drunk? Stoned? Both? Or just more fumes? Your post makes no sense, Mr. PFWA. That we drafted Manziel is now a fact. No one is denying it.

But yes, I hoped that the Haslam statement put to rest the hope that JM was coming to Cleveland... not afraid to admit it.

Talk about spin... such an air of confidence now. The likes of which we did not see for 18 picks, or roughly 2 hours of Round 1. Never a doubt... right, MikeHole? LOL...

i honestly don't know if i can handle the stupidity of NFL fans. I really don't... Yes, GOAT is his ceiling. That's what some call, an "opinion". In this thread I've posted reasons I think he's that special.

If you can't handle it, then leave with our stupid, collective blessings... You will not be missed.

But if you stay, chew on this a while and I'll be happy to discuss it with you.

http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=28821&view=findpost&p=404221

You have a look too, MikeHole, but I warn you it has a lot of words in it and some things called t h o u g h t s.

When JF throws the first TD pass against Pittsburgh in week 1, you'll all be doing the cash money sign with him.

Don't act like you won't.

While I genuinely believe that JM will not see the field Week 1 except for warm-ups... I'll go further than that.

If I ever do that fucking stupid move, TC, then I will send you a certified check for $10,000. You have my word on it...

I can't wait for Tour's response to this one.

Did I disappoint? ;)

First, let's get this straight... with one exception, none of you Johnny-Football-come-latelys are Browns fans.

You weren't Wednesday...

After a week you will not be heard from again until training camp opens...

And had any of 18 other NFL teams deemed your boy worthy enough, you would not be here now.

We Browns fans would be...

The one exception was a noob named H-Town Brown. In his very first post he introduced himself as a Manziel fan and then asked the forum to help him get to know the Browns. THAT is a new Browns fan in the making.

Exactly what the fuck was he spinning? I swear your head is so far up your MikeHole the fumes have made you delusional.

Drunk? Stoned? Both? Or just more fumes? Your post makes no sense, Mr. PFWA. That we drafted Manziel is now a fact. No one is denying it.

But yes, I hoped that the Haslam statement put to rest the hope that JM was coming to Cleveland... not afraid to admit it.

Talk about spin... such an air of confidence now. The likes of which we did not see for 18 picks, or roughly 2 hours of Round 1. Never a doubt... right, MikeHole? LOL...

If you can't handle it, then leave with our stupid, collective blessings... You will not be missed.

But if you stay, chew on this a while and I'll be happy to discuss it with you.

http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=28821&view=findpost&p=404221

You have a look too, MikeHole, but I warn you it has a lot of words in it and some things called t h o u g h t s.

While I genuinely believe that JM will not see the field Week 1 except for warm-ups... I'll go further than that.

If I ever do that fucking stupid move, TC, then I will send you a certified check for $10,000. You have my word on it...

Did I disappoint? ;)

With the money, I'll buy you Manziel jersey and a shot and a beer.

I have to let everyone know now, however- I have one eye on the Jags now. I've been looking for another team to keep tabs on as far as writing about and they won. They could be very interesting next year.

The best thing, now that they drafted Manziel, as long he keeps his

#2....

is that I finally can get my two Tim Couch jerseys fixed with his name, and wear them !

JF won't know the offense, and NFL defenses, etc, well enough to start.

I haven't seen it, but the Browns do, and they drafted him.

And all the stuff about him since, is very impressive. He isn't all about himself

at all. I'm now a JCleveland fan now. But Hoyer will start the season, no reason

to throw JF to the wolves. I think that would be really dumb.

Ya, sorry about that guys, but we had so many threads I had to merge a bunch to keep all of the topics on the front page.

I'm still on page three trying to catch up ...

Zombo

Manziel will start day 1.

Hoyer is not even cleared for contact.

The throngs will call for Johnny, and Johnny they will get... or they'll tear the fucking stadium down.

You don't draft Elvis Presley in his prime and sit him behind Justin 'Beaver'.

---------------------

They should have just drafted Watkins, Carr and Hyde.

At this point, Hoyer is # 1. Nfl veteran, and sure he's recovering from a torn ACL, but experience of the game, the speed, ability to read a defense, familiarity with players all count for something. I saw one ridiculous post that Manziel is the starter immediately cause he has more talent. I guess knowing the playbook isn't important.

Hell, at this point, I'd even given Vince Young the nod on 2nd string. Former rookie of the year, 2 time pro bowler, 60+ win percentage.

As a fanbase, and as a coaching staff, I pray there is an extreme level of patience. But somehow ... I seriously doubt it will happen.

"I'm low man on the totem pole." = Johnny Manziel

Archived