THE BROWNS BOARD

Jonathan Paul Manziel

Adoug319

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mike Pettine took Sal Pal to Johnny's in Cleveland before the draft. Hopefully Jonny Football doesn't turn out like the restaurant, because it sucks, overpriced and overratted.

Its pricey, but I disagree that is sucks and is overrated. A very good place.

Hi Guys,

New member here from San Antonio and brand new Cleveland Browns Fan. I got a tear in my eye when the TV showed those Brown fans chanting for Johnny before the pick and then the utter joy and excitement of the fans when the pick was announced.

I saw Johnny play in HS several times and watched him shread some very good 5A Texas HS football teams. Critics said he would never do that in college, and he went on to do the same thing against SEC defenses. I've never seen a player with such natural football instincts and that kind of physical talent.

He is a fierce competitor, a leader and a never say die mentality. He is 1000% business in the locker room, on the practice field and on the playing field. I think that he will thrive under a bright, innovative, open minded OC in Shanahan. He has some weakness that need to be addressed but what young players don't? He has matured a lot since some of his foolish actions in his Freshman year.

So much has been written and said about him and a lot of it false or misleading. Like not going through his progressions, running too soon, or what JFF stands for.. Nothing said about the new OC and QB coach he had last year which slowed down his development.

You guys got a great young talent. If he stays healthy, he will light it up. So, please feel free to ask any questions about Johnny from someone that has watched every college game and saw him in HS.

My broker from Dayton is sending me a Manziel Browns jersey and me and a buddy are going to join the local Browns fan club. Can't wait for the opening kickoff!!!

FYI, my brother used to live in Kerrville where Manziel grew up. He worked at the YO Ranch which I am sure you are familiar with.

My daughter now goes to school in SA too.

Unfortunately for those of you who analyze college football players entering the draft like women searching for wage slaves on plenty of fish, you didn't get your 6’5” dreamboat.

Tears are understood, sugarbear. It’s ok… Please, get them all out, they’re delicious.

Now… to the men among us: congratulations on the best 1st round in recent NFL memory. 2 best at their position players and another 1st round draft pick next year? Wow.

RE: Manziel. He’s not Favre, he’s not Flutie, He’s not like anyone before him, he’s Johnny F***** Football. His ceiling is GOAT... his basement is bust.

What else do you want? Either it works or it doesn't, the opportunity cost will be minimum(in the worst case scenario). To be a champion, you gotta put yourself out there. You've got to be willing to risk. Calculated risk.

The browns just took advantage of a broken system like Moneyball did in Oakland. Johnny Moneyball.... doesn't sound so bad...

The way I see it, we essentially got Manziel for a third rounder. 26 was a free pick that we already wasted on Richardson. Masterful.

Or, look at is as a trade:

Trent Richardson and a 4th round pick (which we traded to Peetown for their 3rd rounder that we threw in for this deal)

But the circus might be good for the local economy... so there's that...

What it will do if Hoyer keeps JM sitting for a full year is anybody's guess... but it should involve spending money.

Just heard the Browns President (Schreiner?) on the radio. In the last 15 hours they have sold 1500 season ticket packages.

That's all good, no?

What's shitty about his attitude? Seriously give one legit example of a shitty attitude he's displayed.

Your screenname says it all. I'm not wearing rose (or orange) colored glasses.

Even when wrong, you're still right. Ok, Bill O'Reily

I'm wrong about the circus? The Johnny Polesmokers are going to be screaming for him to start day one.

The way I see it, we essentially got Manziel for a third rounder. 26 was a free pick that we already wasted on Richardson. Masterful.

LOL, I'm not throwing Manziel under the bus yet- maybe we just traded one bust for an even bigger one. Of course I want JF to do well- I'm just not buying into the greatness hype. Yeah- he won a Heisman- so did a bunch of other quarterbacks who were monumental flops in the pros.

Just heard the Browns President (Schreiner?) on the radio. In the last 15 hours they have sold 1500 season ticket packages.

That's all good, no?

Sounds like Haslam was behind the pick all along. $$$$$$$

If the Browns thought Hoyer was their guy, they wouldn't have taken Johnny. They have had Hoyer, they know him, They've seen two years of SEC tape on Johnny, met with him, worked him out..

Nothing in up coming practices would be more informative than these facts.

The job is Johnny's to lose.

If he does lose it, I'll be shocked (or) confused; IDK what I would think.

WORST PICK EVAH.

An undersize QB in a division with Baltimore, Pitts and Cin, playing in the cold on grass come Nov.....

IT JUST DOESN'T WORK.

:angry:

It worked pretty good when Brian Sipe played here. So, it can work, if the QB is good enough

Just wanted to say I am officially a Browns fan now and I hope you all realize how lucky you are to have a guy like JFF playing on the Browns.

I wish the Browns and Johnny all the success in the world. Bring the Browns back to Glory Johnny!!

Gig'Em Ags!!

Take this for what it's worth but this is what the actual Head Coach had to say about who will start at QB:

"There will be competition, but I think it will be very difficult, based on my evaluation of this year's draft class, it will be very difficult for anyone in this draft class to come in and beat [Hoyer] out,'' Pettine told USA Today this week. "I really believe that. There's that certain 'it' factor he has. Just the way he's attacked his rehab, the way he's attacked learning a new offense.''

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/-nfl-draft/news/20140509/nfl-draft-snaps-johnny-manziel-cleveland-browns/#ixzz31ERmS7L5

Maybe not in style of play, but the groupies and media circus is Tebow 2.0.

It will take away from the rest of the team. If they win, it's Manziel. If they lose it's Manziel. If you poop, it's Manziel.

Manziel this manziel that...manziel 99% of the time.

I'm glad someone else sees it the same way I do. ESPN will be asking JF about his poop too.

If the Browns thought Hoyer was their guy, they wouldn't have taken Johnny. They have had Hoyer, they know him, They've seen two years of SEC tape on Johnny, met with him, worked him out..

Nothing in up coming practices would be more informative than these facts.

The job is Johnny's to lose.

If he does lose it, I'll be shocked (or) confused; IDK what I would think.

c'mon man. just cuz we picked a rookie QB doesn't mean he has to start. i don't think anyone in this whole mock or insider knowledge of players think that anyone of these QBs will go right in and be the opening day starter.

can we at least wait until TC and preseason is over to discuss this?

Take this for what it's worth but this is what the actual Head Coach had to say about who will start at QB:

"There will be competition, but I think it will be very difficult, based on my evaluation of this year's draft class, it will be very difficult for anyone in this draft class to come in and beat [Hoyer] out,'' Pettine told USA Today this week. "I really believe that. There's that certain 'it' factor he has. Just the way he's attacked his rehab, the way he's attacked learning a new offense.''

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/-nfl-draft/news/20140509/nfl-draft-snaps-johnny-manziel-cleveland-browns/#ixzz31ERmS7L5

finally and usually mark comes here and makes sense.

calm the F down everyone.

hey, who's up for tailgate hats this year?

thinking that might be the way to go this year unless a big T design of manziel hovering over cleveland.

Archived