THE BROWNS BOARD

Jonathan Paul Manziel

Adoug319

I was shocked when they moved up to take JF. I just never thought it was going to happen, especially after they traded #4 away and picked Gilbert at #8. I thought the trade down to get Bills 2015 #1 and #4 was a move to position themselves for a QB next year, with Bortles gone and thinking JF and Bridgewater would be gone by #26.

I'm a JFF fan now, and can't help but be excited to see what unfolds. Hoyer is still in my sights as well and haven't given up on him yet.

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and the world stops spinning........

at least i'm still buzzed.

You for one I recalled as favoring a CB among your top picks. You must be happy about how it all went down yesterday. TCPO summed it up great. Top CB, #1 and #4 pick next year, JF @ a much less risky #22....I'm certainly pleased right now!

I am just as surprised as anyone that this was the pick. For the past week I had been thinking that JF wasn't even on their board anymore. I still think that if they had missed him in the middle rounds you would have seen us take Bridgewater at #26. But even though Manziel is the ultimate boom or bust player, I like the pick at #22. I like it so much better considering he thought he was going top 10. He is going to come into the building with a chip on his shoulder. He is going to check any attitude at the door and bust his ass to learn the QB position in the NFL. And all that hard work is just going to push Hoyer even more, who has already been working at a super human level. WE got Vince Young to teach him how to not behave in the NFL. Perfect situation for our team.

Harry B, I agree. I'm hoping the fall for JF was a bit of an eye opener as well as giving him a chip.

Stop the showoff antics and prove it on the field. (Ok maybe show off after you've established yourself as an NFL-worthy QB. ;) )

Just heard on NFL Network that by selecting JFF at #22 rather than at #4 we saved about $12mil in cap space over 4 years. I think the FO has played this draft really well, finally got our compliment to Haden and hopefully our franchise QB plus Buffalo's 1st rounder next year and all we lost was a 3rd and 5th round picks.

I am just as surprised as anyone that this was the pick. For the past week I had been thinking that JF wasn't even on their board anymore. I still think that if they had missed him in the middle rounds you would have seen us take Bridgewater at #26. But even though Manziel is the ultimate boom or bust player, I like the pick at #22. I like it so much better considering he thought he was going top 10. He is going to come into the building with a chip on his shoulder. He is going to check any attitude at the door and bust his ass to learn the QB position in the NFL. And all that hard work is just going to push Hoyer even more, who has already been working at a super human level. WE got Vince Young to teach him how to not behave in the NFL. Perfect situation for our team.

Manziel will start this year eventually. I'd bet on it.

That is the big issue... staying healthy. To do so he has to reign in some of that fierce competitiveness, which ran him into some troubling dings his Sophomore season. Which raises the issue of how much can he reign in that which is at his core? (or Corps, if you're an Ag like my daughter.)

Two more points...

- Dayton has a lot of Bengal fans so be sure the jersey is the right color.

- Hopefully JM will never see the field on opening day.

Welcome to the board...

He has a trick knee he injured in HS which flares ocassionally. Last year his knee got injured but he came back in the game. Also last year he injured his thumb on his passing hand by hitting the helmet on his follow through. And his shoulder was injured when he was tackled from behind by a huge Auburn DL who then landed on top of him. Johnny came back in the game but had trouble passing. The hand and shoulder bothered him through the end of the season. He was finally healthy for the Capital One Bowl and played lights out.

Johnny took a few hard hits after releasing the ball after passing but always got back up. But I never saw him take a hard hit running in space. It's the hits he will take in or near the pocket that worry me. He does have a horrible tendancy to try to take on a DB and deliver a hit. He will need to stop that.

let's wait until the people in higher places in the browns org looks at these guys before 'we' start predicting who, what, or when.

it does no one any good.

to all the true blue JF fans (he's a brown, i'm a fan)...what happens if he doesn't beat out hoyer? what if he does do you still start him?

just askin.

Nice .... way to sodomize this forum you fucking toothless bastard,

Eat shit you arrogant prick. Shame on me for defending my team against an asshole. According to my dentist teeth are good, according to my hot wife, big house, nice toys and fat check I am not the hillbilly you insinuate I am.

When Dallas moved up, then passed on him all I thought as he squirmed was Bradey effin Quinn. I really do like the first pick. This one ehh?

I don't know if it was me or not, but I wasn't overly impressed over any QB in this draft as being the next John Elway. Manzell and Bridgewater both looked a little small to me.

When Dallas moved up, then passed on him all I thought as he squirmed was Bradey effin Quinn. I really do like the first pick. This one ehh?

I don't know if it was me or not, but I wasn't overly impressed over any QB in this draft as being the next John Elway. Manzell and Bridgewater both looked a little small to me.

If it turns out like the Brady Quinn draft, we just got a potential HOF player with our first pick in Justin GIlbert.

If you check my Location you'll note that I live closer to where JM grew up than you may.

I'm from Tyler, bro.

And if you don't see that ESPN has chosen to portray a one-sided image of Johnny, then you are living a little too deep in those Piney Woods.

To sum up our 1st round:

We got:

Top CB in the draft

A high-risk potential stud QB

A 2015 1st round pick, probably in the top 15

Gave up:

Our 2nd 3rd rounder

Our 5th rounder

Not Bad. I would've rather sat and took Bridgewater or Carr at 26, but maybe all the Hype will pay off, and prove me wrong. Go Manziel! and Go Browns!

Still have a 2nd, 3rd, 2 4ths, a 6th, and 7th

Still need OG, WR2, ILB, and possibly RB and FS. Still possible...

Tomorrow's prediction coming up soon...

Second round would be a good place to take that WR: marquise Lee, Allen Robinson seem best bet.

3rd round is a good spot for an OG. If Yankey drops there that would be sweet.

4th round ILB? Max Bullough?

Who cares where we got him, we got him. And we didn't get an OT, Mack or Watkins. Skrine is done at #2 CB.

Eat bags of dicks.

Skrine will go back to being the nickel back where he should be very useful. Or, do you think McFadden will take over that role?

hilarious...carr was a total smokescreen...played mary kay like a fiddle and surprised everyone but Gilbert as they nabbed the best CB in the draft and then lept in out of nowhere and stole the James Franco of Football...

Johnny Fucking Football

Johnny at 22 eh?

Brady Quinn and Brandon Weeden were both drafted at 22 by the Browns.

Hey, gotta stick with what works for ya.lol

What sucks is when I checked out the Bengals and Steelers boards..they were laughing at Cleveland again.

To quote Darth Sidious: "I can feel their fear".

To quote Darth Sidious: "I can feel their fear".

This.

Well said Gip. I can hear our division quivering at the thought of facing two top flight (Gilbert hopefully will be after some quality playing time) corners and eventually having to deal with the incredible dual threat that is Johnny Cleveland playing within Shanny Jr's innovative, open mindned offensive scheme.

I'm so fucking pumped already guys the excitement is barely containable. Now if we can nab Marquise Lee/Allen Robinson or Sua Filo in the second (i would be looking to trade back into the second to potentially nab both) this draft will be a total fucking success.

I can't believe we will have two firsts next year as well. Unless the Bills somehow ball out this season, we will have a top 16 pick plus our own. So awesome. I have said it three times already but this is exactly how you build a top flight fucking football team loaded with young talent. We will most likely end up with four first round selections in two years... That kind of rapid infusion of talent is priceless.... We fleeced the fucking Bills! I gurarantee other teams were knocking at our door and Farmer told the Bills gimme your fucking first or the #4 goes to one of these other teams mothetfucker!

I'm also very impressed with Farmer's ability to.move around the first round via trades and get (what I think is) the players he wanted. For a first year GM, wow..... I guarantee if Banbardi was still here we would have either traded the farm to Houston to take Manziel with the first pick or we would have had teams tell us to fuck off because they didn't want to deal with those stupid ass stooges. I love you so far Farmer. I'm going to get my Farmer and Manziel jerseys here in the next couple days.... So pumped!

GO BROWNS!

Johnny at 22 eh?

Brady Quinn and Brandon Weeden were both drafted at 22 by the Browns.

Hey, gotta stick with what works for ya.lol

What sucks is when I checked out the Bengals and Steelers boards..they were laughing at Cleveland again.

Let em laugh. It will probably sound funny with Johnny's boot up there ass and my dick in their mouth but...

WSS

Archived