THE BROWNS BOARD

Jonathan Paul Manziel

Adoug319

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Something that hasn't been mentioned yet.. JM was released only after he decided he's unwilling to follow the proposal the CFL gave to him.  Wasn't just an arbiter decision of some sort -- JM thought it would be better for him to get released rather than doing whatever they proposed and continuing to play.

31 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

Something that hasn't been mentioned yet.. JM was released only after he decided he's unwilling to follow the proposal the CFL gave to him.  Wasn't just an arbiter decision of some sort -- JM thought it would be better for him to get released rather than doing whatever they proposed and continuing to play.

And of course that's all sealed up. Maybe just to pique our curiosity. Seems like some sort of testing and rehab or counseling type of protocol.

WSS

I want to thank Coach Sherman, my teammates, and the CFL fans. My time there reestablished my love for the game of football and the work that goes into it. I look forward to exploring new options within the United States.

34 minutes ago, Zombo said:

I want to thank Coach Sherman, my teammates, and the CFL fans. My time there reestablished my love for the game of football and the work that goes into it. I look forward to exploring new options within the United States.

Or maybe eh,   he just couldn't handle Canadians eh....expecially French Canadians eh.  

Or, maybe he was unwilling to adhere to Celine Dion worshipfullness.

Sounds like he's still using substances.. Sure to go the way of his butt buddy Josh Gordon.. They can ride off into nothingness together...

On 2/27/2019 at 3:15 PM, The Gipper said:

No indication of what he actually did to "violate" his contract.  Didn't take prescribed medication?  Didn't attend counseling/therapy session?  Just went out and got drunk and high?  

He won't play in Canada, but that does not mean he can't play in the US.   There is the AAF.....and also the "New XFL"...which starts up next year.

Assuming he wants to continue to be a football player, which I don't think we can assume. 

If he went to San Antonio, he would be near home.  Grew up in Kerrville just outside of SA.   Don't know if that would help him at all.

Rumor is he is going to San Antonio AAF league since they own his rights. However he has been invited to work out for reps of all AAF teams in case SA decides not to take him.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/2019/02/28/johnny-manziel-aaf-workout-cfl-ban/3013331002/

On 2/28/2019 at 8:24 AM, Canton Mike said:

horse mammal vertebrate horse like mammal pack animal mustang horse

Just enter in a name.

b7d.jpg

6 hours ago, mjp28 said:

horse mammal vertebrate horse like mammal pack animal mustang horse

Just enter in a name.

Aw, comeon man!!!! it's part of human nature. Same reason people slow down to gawk at a car wreck....  and Johnny's been quite a wreck since he told Low-gains to draft him so "he could wreck this league". 

This is filling some cloud space in a server in Siberia or Alaska... 

It would be hilarious if it was the first thing an extraterrestial civilization would intercept in our communications. 

MICHAEL ROTHSTEINESPN Staff Writer9:56 PM ET1 Minute Read

Johnny Manziel is headed back to the United States to play football.

The former first-round pick of the Cleveland Browns has signed an agreement to play in the Alliance of American Football, a source told ESPN's Adam Schefter on Saturday. Because San Antonio, the team he would have been allocated to, waived his rights, according to Schefter, he will go through the league's waiver system.

Memphis, with a 1-5 record, will hold the first waiver claim once Manziel goes through the system. The Express are on their third quarterback this season, having started with Christian Hackenberg and then gone to Zach Mettenberger. They would have to release a quarterback if they claim Manziel.

Brandon Silvers played the majority of Saturday's 22-9 loss to Salt Lake after Mettenberger suffered an ankle injury early in the game. Silvers completed 23 of 37 passes for 242 yards, a touchdown and no interceptions. Memphis has struggled on offense throughout the season.

Two weeks ago, league co-founder Bill Polian said the AAF had put out "feelers" to Manziel and was in the midst of doing its research on him after he was released from the CFL's Montreal Alouettes.

Manziel immediately becomes one of the biggest name draws in the league as one of the few former NFL first-round picks tied to the league, most notably among them Birmingham running back Trent Richardson.

Other than Orlando, which has Garrett Gilbert at quarterback, most of the league's teams have had some issues at the position.

Standard AAF contracts are for three years and $250,000. However, players can earn more in incentives.

Just now, Browns149 said:

WHY DOES ANYONE CARE????????

Man-zel.....former Cleveland Brown.....sorta' football.......and it's March 16 nothing much more going on.

Oh I have not watched an AAF game since week 1.

He's toast.. Arena football will be his last stop before its all over I guess.. Fuck him!

2 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Man-zel.....former Cleveland Brown.....sorta' football.......and it's March 16 nothing much more going on.

Oh I have not watched an AAF game since week 1.

I've actually watched some AAF games for 30 or so minutes of entertainment, even tonight. I have no doubt an AAF team could beat the likes of Alabama or Clemson- and probably pretty handily.... 

6 hours ago, nickers said:

He's toast.. Arena football will be his last stop before its all over I guess.. Fuck him!

Au Contraire! I can see JM insisting that in order to get back in the NFL he needs more practice being under center in the Lingerie League.😜

The bottom line is.. Johnny is too late in his career to hope he could latch on and be a serious , viable canidate to actually be something in professional football.. He should be thinking about settling down and thinking about what he's gonna do to survive the rest of his life.. He's a has been who never was.. The league should just move on from his ass and forget about him...

8 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

But will Ghoolie head down to one of their games to see him play?  :D  For kicks and giggles Steve I had to look up Memphis ticket prices, and it's anywhere in the stadium- $20.  FWIW, our Class A minor league baseball Dayton Dragons charge $19 for stadium seats.  

5 hours ago, nickers said:

The bottom line is.. Johnny is too late in his career to hope he could latch on and be a serious , viable candidate to actually be something in professional football.. He should be thinking about settling down and thinking about what he's gonna do to survive the rest of his life.. He's a has been who never was.. The league should just move on from his ass and forget about him...

AAF is hiring a name, that's all. Chasing the dream- but in this case, you can't escape your past. The odds of him making it back into the NFL are about as good as you or me getting a call from one of the GMs.  He should realize bombing out in the CFL was the end of the road. 

Archived