THE BROWNS BOARD

Jonathan Paul Manziel

Adoug319

7 hours ago, SkippinTurtles said:

If he's serious, why not the Browns?  Same size as Mayfield and plays a similar game.  Budget back-up but might not be worth the potential midget QB controversy.

He burned his bridge here. If\when he wins a Grey Cup, some NFL team will chance him. 

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Not sure his talent level is up to the NFL. But I think the CFL may be a very good fit for his talents and his style

Doug Flutie-ish? The CFL is very conducive to the wild scrambling type of play......especially with the  deeper field of play and missing a down.

The CFL could greatly improve their product by adopting NFL style rules.

21 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Doug Flutie-ish? The CFL is very conducive to the wild scrambling type of play......especially with the  deeper field of play and missing a down.

The CFL could greatly improve their product by adopting NFL style rules.

Yes,  Flutie-ish.  Exactly.  Scrambling, more open style.  IF he learns the ropes, stays clean....I could see him thriving.

On ‎5‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 3:45 PM, mjp28 said:

Oh there is Toronto radio 1050 (I believe) if you can get that.

I listened to a Tribe game as I crossed the Brooklyn Bridge on 1100, so maybe?

3 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

We used to play the Jockey Club in Hamilton. A far cry from Las Vegas.

WSS

Hamilton oh yeah, got pulled over there around 1972....the local cops didn't appreciate my 1969 Camaro Z-28 with headers.

Gave me two choices put mufflers on it or leave Canada, I put mufflers on to finish up my vacation there. Yeah not Vegas but a nice place, good beer!

We made quite a few trips up through Ontario and Quebec and had more than one run-in with the opp or the Border agents. One trip we had no actual truck, just three Maxi vans 2 Dodge and 1 Ford. One of the Dodge vans had no brakes so it stayed in the center of the Caravan behind the Ford. If there was anything like an emergency the Ford would slow down and the Dodge would but up against the butt and so the Ford could stop us both.

WSS

3 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

We made quite a few trips up through Ontario and Quebec and had more than one run-in with the opp or the Border agents. One trip we had no actual truck, just three Maxi vans 2 Dodge and 1 Ford. One of the Dodge vans had no brakes so it stayed in the center of the Caravan behind the Ford. If there was anything like an emergency the Ford would slow down and the Dodge would but up against the butt and so the Ford could stop us both.

WSS

After I got out of the Army in 1973, I went with a friend and his uncle to drop off a Truck (his uncle was a truck driver) in Hamilton, Ontario.  On  the way back the stopped us, stipped searched us and xrayed the f u c k i n g car!.

52 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

After I got out of the Army in 1973, I went with a friend and his uncle to drop off a Truck (his uncle was a truck driver) in Hamilton, Ontario.  On  the way back the stopped us, stipped searched us and xrayed the f u c k i n g car!.

Well back in the day I had to log every piece of equipment we are bringing up every amplifier guitar cable drum heads sticks PA cabinets etc etc. They never strip-searched us but they went through the truck on a couple of occasions.

They were afraid we are bringing American the equipment over to sell.

WSS

9 hours ago, hoorta said:

Speakin' of... Keeping another of our other famous busts company...     https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/05/20/saskatchewan-roughriders-put-trent-richardson-on-suspended-list/

Saskatchewan? Kind of like flunking out of kindergarten for a former third pick in the NFL Draft. 

Oh what happens when you can oy do one thing in life:

...... Cleveland took Richardson third overall in 2012 and then traded him to the Colts for a first-round pick in September 2013. He was waived by the Colts in March 2015 and had short stints with the Raiders and Ravens that ended the same way before heading to Canada.....

Sad or just dumb?

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

Saskatchewan? Kind of like flunking out of kindergarten for a former third pick in the NFL Draft. 

Oh what happens when you can oy do one thing in life:

...... Cleveland took Richardson third overall in 2012 and then traded him to the Colts for a first-round pick in September 2013. He was waived by the Colts in March 2015 and had short stints with the Raiders and Ravens that ended the same way before heading to Canada.....

Sad or just dumb?

Overrated talent.   That's all.   I suspect he was a product of the Alabama HGH system. Once he could not be supported by that....he turned out to be nothing much at all.  Not sure if that is sad, dumb, or appropriate.

57 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Overrated talent.   That's all.   I suspect he was a product of the Alabama HGH system. Once he could not be supported by that....he turned out to be nothing much at all.  Not sure if that is sad, dumb, or appropriate.

Well he will go down on another list now......"Greatest First Round Draft Busts of All Time".

I think as  RB he did get knicked up, a hazard of drafting a RB so high, now we get to watch Mr. Barkley and see how he progresses.

Just saw an interview with Manziel regarding his new CFL team. I find myself feeling sorry for the guy, and I see someone running from his past who will never be able to run fast enough. I'm very connected to mental illness, both professionally and personally, and I know what it takes from people. I would love nothing more than to see Johnny be successful. 

After the video played on YouTube, it went into an interview with Joe Thomas talking about Manziel, and Joe was very kind and professional, but it basically made me tear up all over again. I almost can't believe he's gone, especially NOW...now that we actually have a real team. I'm not saying we're going to the darn playoffs, but we actually have a legit team and Joe is gone. The ONE constant we've had in our miserable last 10 years or so. Joe Thomas, my favorite Cleveland Brown. A man who deserved so much more and literally never got it. 

I knew when I saw him rolling around on the ground holding his arm that it was over. I knew it was either a bicep or tricep injury, and that was it because he wouldn't be able to work out and keep his mass. Sure enough, 6 months later, still debating on whether or not he was returning, I saw an interview with him and he looked like he was 245 pounds. Can't come back from that. It doesn't seem right. 

On 5/22/2018 at 9:36 AM, Westside Steve said:

We used to play the Jockey Club in Hamilton.

Sounds like a place where Johnny would fit right in....

Johnny is in a completely new league and it's very different. I won't pretend to know the nuances, but I do know it will require massive work and dedication on his part. Mostly film and play book studying, which aren't his strong suits. I could be way wrong here, but CFL passing is generally based on quick attacks, right? Getting the ball out hot and accurately? I shouldn't pretend to know what I'm talking about (although it never stopped me before), but Johnny certainly has his work cut out for him. Alas, I'm sure I'll be looking for highlights should he somehow win the starting job. 

Just for the hell of it the average salary in the CFL is 80 grand, rookie salary is 50 K.

Just for comparison Matt Ryan salary is more than the entire combined salary of the Canadian Football League.

But if the kid buckles down and tears it up who knows he might get repatriated.

WSS

5 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Just for the hell of it the average salary in the CFL is 80 grand, rookie salary is 50 K.

Just for comparison Matt Ryan salary is more than the entire combined salary of the Canadian Football League.

But if the kid buckles down and tears it up who knows he might get repatriated.

WSS

Fuk that little maggot.... He wasted our time... I'm so sick of hearing about him , anymore...

2 hours ago, nickers said:

Fuk that little maggot.... He wasted our time... I'm so sick of hearing about him , anymore...

Did Manziel screw the Browns over? Absolutely, 100%. But it's a two way street. The Browns grossly failed in doing due diligence on the guy before they drafted him, or totally ignored the red flags. He ran out of strikes with the Browns, but hell, guys get fired from their jobs every day for being drunks. That doesn't mean guys can't turn their lives around IF they overcome their addictions. 

Johnny has gone the equivalent of being a top computer programmer to a greeter at Wal-Mart. If he wants to climb the job scale again, that's up to him. 

14 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Hamilton Tiger-Cats coach June Jones says Johnny Manziel should be playing in NFL

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/23861967/hamilton-tiger-cats-coach-june-jones-says-johnny-manziel-playing-nfl

Shared from my Google feed

June Jones thinks he should still be coaching in the NFL....but he ain't.   So much for his opinion.

Archived