THE BROWNS BOARD

Jonathan Paul Manziel

Adoug319

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, nickers said:

I can't believe this A$$hole still gets this kind of airtime...

Being a reality star is not the same as being a star in reality...

5 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

“[The shoe] said, ‘The Comeback,'” Gonzalez said on The Big Lead Radio on Fox Sports. “And I’m like, ‘The comeback from what?’ No offense to Johnny, but it’s not like he came here and lit the league up."

He might not have lit the league up, but he sure did burn down a franchise.

Can you burn down a dirt pile? 

• 1 month later...

Well...in my opinion that IS the best option for him.

And sure....like wanting to watch the crashes at a NASCAR event....much of America will want to tune in. 

Its not like Browns fans were wanting this guy to screw up....its just that he did, badly.   So, if he gets his act together personally.....he may be playing at a level of talent and in a style that he is really suited for, and it could be entertaining.

I mean....it will be more interesting than say  watching Brady Quinn flounder with the Chiefs, or Brandon Weeden flounder with the Texans.

Fair to say?

The little bitch had a deadline of Jan. 31st to sign. Camp just started early this month. Little bitches apply their own rules. Any QB goes down in camp? Browns fan don't want to hear about this Joker. The Joker is a Canadian Cat..Coach Pet is a 10 hr. 14 min. uber drive from GB. I'll flip the bill, to watch a bar fight.. 

42 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I won't lie.... I'll definitely watch some CFL games if Hamilton is on. 

WOO-HOO another forum, from the CFL Forums......

No New Posts

Hamilton Tiger-Cats

Oskee Wee Wee, Oskee Waa Waa, Holy Mackinaw, Tigers... Eat 'em RAW!! Let's talk it up Ticats fans!  :blink:

494,341 Posts 
22,945 Topics

Last Post by FormerlyTurkish in Re: HERE'S JOHNNY! on Today at 03:03 PM

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

I won't lie.... I'll definitely watch some CFL games if Hamilton is on. 

Long, long ago I watched some CFL, I imagine that some games are on TSN and ESPN. 

2018 CFL SCHEDULE from the preseason through the 16th Grey Cup Sunday November 25, 2018......see it isn't all just AMERICAN FOOTBALL.!

https://www.tsn.ca/2018-cfl-on-tsn-broadcast-schedule-1.721560

Screenshot_2018-05-19-15-17-15.png

Screenshot_2018-05-19-15-17-49.png

With a little checking around on the 2018 CFL on ESPN...... (I'm not sure on the facts but sounds legitimate. )

The new ESPN+ application for US viewers is now live and appears
to have CFL games for the 2018 season.

https://plus.espn.com/   scroll down and see the CFL logo on the right.

They don't have the listing of games available for this season just yet. It would
be nice if the league could indicate how many of these games will be behind
the $4.99 paywall.I would prefer to give my money to the CFL directly
instead of helping subsidize other leagues.~~~~~~

More Teams. More Leagues. 
More Games. More Sports.

Live Sports. ESPN Originals. Only $4.99 a month.

Then $4.99/mo. Cancel Anytime. Subject to terms.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What this means is the CFL for U.S based viewers is now behind a $4.99 paywall.
It is great for someone who does not want to subscribe to cable.There are many
who would probably like this option in Canada but it has it's downsides.
The article does not confirm if there will be a weekly game available on The ESPN
cable networks(ESPN,ESPN2,ESPNEWS etc..).Thus no games on cable outlets
where a person(not familiar with the CFL) might see the game and be introduced
to it.This hurts the league particularly during the summer months in terms of exposure 
from a casual fan in a sportsbar or other outlet.It also means the playoffs and Grey Cup
might not be available via cable.I hope Mr.Ambrosie and the BOG examine their options 
when the contract expires after this season.

Oh there is Toronto radio 1050 (I believe) if you can get that.

3 hours ago, Zombo said:

Poor bastards. They've already had to merge threads. The fanboys haven't even found them yet.

Zombo

Most of them have given up in great disappointment on what JM pulled, so I don't think that will happen on any huge scale. A few are like me with an "Ok lets see if you really have changed" kind of mode. If I can find it (TSN is Canada only) on line then I'll watch and see what happens. I haven't given up on him yet, just want to see he has grown up enough to handle the responsibility. Pretty much the same with me for Josh Gordon as well. Let's see if he stays clean.

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Most of them have given up in great disappointment on what JM pulled, so I don't think that will happen on any huge scale. A few are like me with an "Ok lets see if you really have changed" kind of mode. If I can find it (TSN is Canada only) on line then I'll watch and see what happens. I haven't given up on him yet, just want to see he has grown up enough to handle the responsibility. Pretty much the same with me for Josh Gordon as well. Let's see if he stays clean.

I think ESPN carries a weekly CFL game... 

Barstool just has a bad ring to it...  I wouldn't be affiliated with an organization  of that ilk especially considering what Alcohol has done to his life... he's still a dumbfuque!

5 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

I think ESPN carries a weekly CFL game... 

For all you CFL die hard and Johnny Football Fan Club members from CFL FAQs......

In 2017, ESPN broadcast 23 games on ESPN2/ESPNNews, including all playoff games and the Grey Cup Championship. The remaining games in the regular season were available on ESPN3.

ESPN announced it would carry 20 games on ESPN broadcast networks in 2016, starting with the first game of the season June 23rd and ending with the 104th Grey Cup Championship in November. ESPN signed a 5-year broadcast deal to carry CFL games for 5 years starting in 2014. All CFL games are carried on ESPN3 and select games (minimum 17 games/season) on ESPN/ESPN2/ESPNNews. For the CFL broadcast schedule in the US and other International locations, please see the CFL's website with the scheduled broadcasts usually announced in late June or early July or check the ESPN TV listings.

Determining whether a game will be available either by broadcast or streaming is fairly simple. If TSN is broadcasting the game, it is available on TSN broadcast channels in Canada and streamed on TSN.ca and ESPN3. For French language broadcasts, all Montreal Alouette and select Ottawa RedBlack and other CFL contests are available on RDS/RDS2 and streamed on RDS.ca. Select regular season, playoff and the Grey Cup game are broadcast on ESPN networks. For other non-TSN broadcast pre-season games, other parties may decide to stream the game. If this does not occur, the game is not available to view or stream anywhere.

This handy chart summarizes the availability of CFL game broadcasts each year. For information on streaming around the world, see the streaming question.

Season TSN 1 TSN.ca2 ESPN Networks3 ESPN34 International5 Other streaming6
Pre-Season Select games Select games None TSN Selected games None Individual games
Regular Season All games All games Select games All games Select games N/A
Playoffs All games All games All games All games All games N/A
Grey Cup Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes N/A

1 — TSN is the Canadian broadcast rights holder for the CFL. They broadcast all regular season, playoff and the Grey Cup championship game, along with select pre-season games.

2 — TSN.ca is the Canadian Internet streaming rights holder for the CFL. All games broadcast on TSN networks are available for streaming on TSN.ca to qualified individuals.

3 — ESPN Networks is the US broadcast rights holder for the CFL. They broadcast select regular season, playoff and the Grey Cup championship game.

4 — ESPN3 is the US Internet Streaming rights holder for the CFL. They broadcast all regular season, playoff and the Grey Cup championship game, along with select pre-season games. As they carry the TSN feed, the same games available on TSN/TSN.ca are available on ESPN3.

5 — International broadcast rights holders for the CFL broadcast the TSN feed for select regular season games. Games are broadcast in a mixture of live and tape delay availability.

6 — Pre-season games which are not broadcast by TSN may be acquired for streaming by others, such as the home team, for streaming via their exclusive access web sites. Broadcasts of such games, while they occurred in the past, are not likely to occur as streaming is more economical.

Streaming a game that is not broadcast is expensive and requires a substantial amount of skilled persons. Camera operators, producers, directors, and other technical personnel are required along with the on-air broadcast team. Absence of any of these will be noticeable. Streaming pre-season contests currently does not draw large enough audiences to make this a break-even proposition, and draws away from in-stadium attendance which is lacking in the pre-season (10 year average pre-season -17% over regular season and -10% difference in percentage of capacity).

That puts him closer to Canadian brat and party buddy - Just-tone BeaverBreath.  The alcohol content is also higher in Canada.  This is like giving a box of matches to a pyromaniac and thinking it's all good because you told him to be careful. 

3 hours ago, SkippinTurtles said:

Manziel is modeling his career after Jeff Garcia.  Alcohol + CFL= future NFL star.  I'm in.  Just pass the keys.

Is he going to marry a Playmate from Avon Lake who gets arrested for beating up Manziel's ex too?

1 hour ago, ballpeen said:

Good for Johnny.  I hope he plays well, has grown up and gets another NFL look.

Same here 'Peen, it just won't be with the Browns- for sure.  :lol:

8 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Is he going to marry a Playmate from Avon Lake who gets arrested for beating up Manziel's ex too?

Oh yeah Jeff and his bunny have 4 kids now too. 

Is this a great country or what? :lol:

Archived