THE BROWNS BOARD

Jonathan Paul Manziel

Adoug319

1 hour ago, tiamat63 said:

Can't blame Farmer or the Scouts.  This was Haslam the whole way. 

I have never seen or heard proof that it WAS (or wasn't) Haslam's decision, so I won't argue that, but could it be that the genius who passed on Khalil Mack & took Justin Gilbert made the Johnny pick? We may never know for sure until the book, "Our Draft Secrets..The Truth" by Jimmie, Ray, & Sashi, is published.  

The big question I have is....WHICH Draft magazine was Farmer's favorite to buy & read in the men's room prior to making his picks?

Mike

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, Canton Mike said:

"Our Draft Secrets..The Truth" by Jimmie, Ray, & Sashi, is published.  

The big question I have is....WHICH Draft magazine was Farmer's favorite to buy & read in the men's room prior to making his picks?

Mike

My bar story never changes..Mel Kiper & Ray Farmer walk up to a wall pisser in the bathroom.Farmer tells Mel, "If you think Cam Erving can play Tackle than he's a guard in this league". Mel Kiper shakes his, than flushes. Than Mel walks behind Ray Farmer & grabs his center piece shouting.."Than have him play at Center":o..  

gumby...you are sick!   

....that's why I like you.  :)

I believe that Haslam wanted all of the glitz that he 'thought' Johnny Football would bring to his new team.  But I also know that Farmer did not attend the Pro Day of any of the QB's.  He shoulda' taken every opportunity to watch and talk to that kid.  ESPECIALLY if his crazy owner wanted him.  He shoulda' had Manziel in and drawing plays on the white board just like all the REAL GM's in the league who are planning on drafting the face of the organization.   

Dorsey missed a pro day because it was RIGHT at the start of free agency.  And he was (obviously) quite busy.

11 minutes ago, Orion said:

gumby...you are sick!   

na, 3rd margarita at youngest daughter 20th birthday.They left. may have to pull a kiper on this hot barmaid..Auwnya, a fine large breasted Sweed..must be cold,fine nips..full report by morning..later..this surely fits in a Man Hell topic 

8 hours ago, Zombo said:

What a douchebag.

I think he is my least favorite Brown of all time..

Zombo

It's no wonder Pettine had beef with him.

57 minutes ago, Orion said:

gumby...you are sick!   

I believe that Haslam wanted all of the glitz that he 'thought' Johnny Football would bring to his new team.  But I also know that Farmer did not attend the Pro Day of any of the QB's.  He shoulda' taken every opportunity to watch and talk to that kid.  ESPECIALLY if his crazy owner wanted him.  He shoulda' had Manziel in and drawing plays on the white board just like all the REAL GM's in the league who are planning on drafting the face of the organization.   

Dorsey missed a pro day because it was RIGHT at the start of free agency.  And he was (obviously) quite busy.

I don't know if Ray Farmer could pass a white board test...

9 hours ago, PoeticG said:

It's no wonder Pettine had beef with him.

I hope Pettine had two years of nothing but whiskey, stogies and broads in a tropical setting before he got back into coaching. 

Probably still wakes up with screaming with reporters asking him about Johnny.

Zombo

18 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Can't blame Farmer or the Scouts.  This was Haslam the whole way. 

Don't forget whats-his-name... the guy who received the "Wreck this league" text. Wasn't he the QB Coach or something? Loggins? (Messina?)

11 hours ago, Zombo said:

I hope Pettine had two years of nothing but whiskey, stogies and broads in a tropical setting before he got back into coaching. 

Probably still wakes up with screaming with reporters asking him about Johnny.

Zombo

Pettine deserved so much better than they way his tenure was completely torpedoed here. 

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/23069095/johnny-manziel-returns-gridiron-spring-league

Manziel throws first TD pass in 832 days! Hooray!

He's trying to get attention from NFL teams, but if he doesn't he says he'll sign a two year contract with the CFL. 

3 hours ago, Furious Styles said:

That spring league looked like a High School split session summer scrimmage.

How the mighty has fallen.

I won't lie though, come August if Billy Manziel is on the Hamiltion roster I'll definitely check out some CFL games out of morbid curiosity. 

52 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

How the mighty has fallen.

I won't lie though, come August if Billy Manziel is on the Hamiltion roster I'll definitely check out some CFL games out of morbid curiosity. 

By CFL rules Johnny "US" Football must play for the league minimum about $50,000/year subject to recent CFL CBA adjustments......Canadian money I believe, oooohhhh, sticker shock!

........NFL game checks are more than that.

On 4/8/2018 at 9:11 AM, 7moses7 said:

Go to hell Johnny Shmuckstain

that's a little harsh- blame the guys who drafted him without either doing enough research- or Haslam who thought Manziel = butts in seats.  

Johnny had enough backstory - he was a no, and hell no don't draft him in my book. 

“[The shoe] said, ‘The Comeback,'” Gonzalez said on The Big Lead Radio on Fox Sports. “And I’m like, ‘The comeback from what?’ No offense to Johnny, but it’s not like he came here and lit the league up."

He might not have lit the league up, but he sure did burn down a franchise.

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

“[The shoe] said, ‘The Comeback,'” Gonzalez said on The Big Lead Radio on Fox Sports. “And I’m like, ‘The comeback from what?’ No offense to Johnny, but it’s not like he came here and lit the league up."

Nah...hell....he played little part in that, really.

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Nah...hell....he played little part in that, really.

I disagree. Probably got Pettine fired. Care to start a poll who was most responsible for that dumpster fire era? Manziel, Gilbert, or Farmer.  :)  

3 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

I loved that comment Tour, you have to have something "to comeback" from. I'll give him substance abuse- maybe. Doubt he's going to get a sniff from an NFL team. Time to head north of the border Johnny- that's how you're going to have to work your way back. 

8 minutes ago, hoorta said:

I loved that comment Tour, you have to have something "to comeback" from. I'll give him substance abuse- maybe. Doubt he's going to get a sniff from an NFL team. Time to head north of the border Johnny- that's how you're going to have to work your way back. 

The interview I saw him give he admitted he would likely have to go that route and was ok with it. Sure he'd like someone to take a chance, but he seemed to have no illusions considering the part he himself played in his own demise in Cleveland. I'm sure some days he can convince himself someone will take him and the fact that some are coming to watch him and talk to him likely fuels that hope. But overall he seemed happy just to have his life back and be on the right track with football for the love of playing the game.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/johnny-manziel-went-full-on-‘johnny-football’-in-second-spring-league-game/ar-AAvPvZv?li=BBnbfcL

58 minutes ago, hoorta said:

I disagree. Probably got Pettine fired. Care to start a poll who was most responsible for that dumpster fire era? Manziel, Gilbert, or Farmer.  :)  

But those guys are only 1/4 of the mess you better put in banner and Lumbardy and sashimi and I don't know who else was GM of this team for all that time and those guys in and Johnny Manziel only one small part of itBut those guys are only 1/4 of the mess you better put in banner and Lumbardy and sashimi and I don't know who else was GM of this team for all that time and those guys in and Johnny Manziel only one small part

Archived