Jump to content
Adoug319

Jonathan Paul Manziel

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, jrb12711 said:

I'd bet you 100 dollars Manziel never sees even a preseason snap in the NFL. He knows that, and if you had common sense you would too.

I'm just curious, but why do you feel this way?

I mean, what exactly did he do that warrants him NEVER getting another chance in the NFL? I'm not a fan of his, but is there something hanging over him that would make it so a NFL team couldn't give him a chance if they wanted to in the future?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, The Gipper said:

I don't think they have Quarterbacks in Australian Rules football, do they?    It is more akin to Rugby.

Not American style quarterbacks and yes it's very similar to other rugby style games. I just remembered long ago late nights I used to occasionally watch AFL I believe on ESPN, a lot of field goal type kicks for various points as I recall.

It's broadcast and bet all over the globe and has been around for a long time. 

The Australian Football League (AFL) is the pre-eminent professional competition in the sport of Australian rules football. Through the AFL Commission, the AFL also serves as the sport's governing body, and is responsible for controlling the laws of the game. The league was founded as the Victorian Football League (VFL) as a breakaway from the previous Victorian Football Association (VFA), with its inaugural season commencing in 1897. 

Oh I only knew one guy who actually played rugby, he was the manager of the Pizza Hut across the street from my old office he did say that had a hard time finding matches and played in Akron......and that was about 30+ years ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, boo fagley said:

good for him.  If this 3 page thread is any indication, he still has the ability to generate excitement/sense of morbid curiosity.  Hope he gets back on track and can at least find a backup role on some NFL team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Browns1216 said:

good for him.  If this 3 page thread is any indication, he still has the ability to generate excitement/sense of morbid curiosity.  Hope he gets back on track and can at least find a backup role on some NFL team. 

Spring football is still football. I cant stand baseball.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

I'm just curious, but why do you feel this way?

I mean, what exactly did he do that warrants him NEVER getting another chance in the NFL? I'm not a fan of his, but is there something hanging over him that would make it so a NFL team couldn't give him a chance if they wanted to in the future?

Too much of a risk/reward scenario. On top of the fact he didn't look great in the time he did play, he's got all the baggage with him (to include a domestic violence piece) that would just never make him look desirable enough for a team to consider him. The guys with serious baggage but got another 2nd chance (Mick Vick, Greg Hardy, etc) were extremely good football players before their indiscretions. 

To put it another way, if Colin K. can't find a job in the NFL because of his decisions, neither will Manziel. Owners are taking the extremely cautious approach to players nowadays for good reason. If Vick would have done what he did in 2017, he'd never have gotten a job again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Starts March 28 in Austin. Might try to make that with my brother who will be in town. Maybe I can get him to sign my "Manziel" Browns T shirt that is still in it's plastic wrapper.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, boo fagley said:

Spring football is still football. I cant stand baseball.

........."March 28 in Austin, TX -- and during the 2017 season, several NFL scouts attended games to check out some of the players.

Previous Spring League players include Greg Hardy and Kellen Winslow Jr. 

Manziel issued a statement saying, "The Spring League has provided me with a great opportunity to play ball again, and ultimately, that is all I want to do."

"I miss the competition. I'd like to thank Brian Woods and The Spring League staff for this opportunity to play the game I love. I've made my share of mistakes, but I'm 25 years old and I know my best football is ahead of me."

The Spring League had previously made 2 conditions for Manziel to play -- nightly check-ins with a team staff member at 9:30 PM AND he must pass a USADA drug test on the first day of the league. 

No word if those conditions still apply.

The League tells TMZ Sports, ".......THE Authority in Sports Reporting, hey maybe it's true.

And Boo, what's so bad about baseball?  The only sport I know of you can fall asleep for an hour or so and not miss anything.  :lol:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

About $40 for Gen. Admissions for each of 2 doubleheaders Sat. April 7 and 14 at the  Circuit of the Americas Race Track near the airport. 

About $340 for a VIP Field pass.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Make sure you bring a cooler of beer, and a bottle of that good central American Rum.  Johnny will be by......

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

........."March 28 in Austin, TX -- and during the 2017 season, several NFL scouts attended games to check out some of the players.

Previous Spring League players include Greg Hardy and Kellen Winslow Jr. 

Manziel issued a statement saying, "The Spring League has provided me with a great opportunity to play ball again, and ultimately, that is all I want to do."

"I miss the competition. I'd like to thank Brian Woods and The Spring League staff for this opportunity to play the game I love. I've made my share of mistakes, but I'm 25 years old and I know my best football is ahead of me."

The Spring League had previously made 2 conditions for Manziel to play -- nightly check-ins with a team staff member at 9:30 PM AND he must pass a USADA drug test on the first day of the league. 

No word if those conditions still apply.

The League tells TMZ Sports, ".......THE Authority in Sports Reporting, hey maybe it's true.

And Boo, what's so bad about baseball?  The only sport I know of you can fall asleep for an hour or so and not miss anything.  :lol:

Too many games and baseball is slow and boring. Football has taken over as the # 1 sport in this country and for good reason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, boo fagley said:

Too many games and baseball is slow and boring. Football has taken over as the # 1 sport in this country and for good reason.

They are trying like crazy to speed up baseball like the put the signal down and it's a four pitch walk, no pitches thrown......has to save what, 2 minutes. But hey I love baseball.....but I'm retired!

Now boringville, sock-her...... Zzzzzzzzzzzoooooooo. -_-

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mjp28 said:

They are trying like crazy to speed up baseball like the put the signal down and it's a four pitch walk, no pitches thrown......has to save what, 2 minutes. But hey I love baseball.....but I'm retired!

Now boringville, sock-her...... Zzzzzzzzzzzoooooooo. -_-

There's more action in 5 minutes of a soccer game than 2 hours worth of baseball. Baseball? I'd rather watch curling at the Olympics if give a choice.  I suppose I never warmed to it because growing up, the 60s Indians were consistently as bad as the recent vintage Browns. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, hoorta said:

There's more action in 5 minutes of a soccer game than 2 hours worth of baseball. Baseball? I'd rather watch curling at the Olympics if give a choice.  I suppose I never warmed to it because growing up, the 60s Indians were consistently as bad as the recent vintage Browns. 

I've watched World Cup, Olympic and rare other games mainly following the USA and find it frightfully boring.

Must be all the 0-0, 1-0, 1-1 games. Mainly just people standing around  waiting for something to happen (like an outfielder in baseball?). Sorry looks like recess for big kids.

Once many years back, another sports board a guy was calling "it" 90 minutes of he11......really?  

The next day I posted all the scores, no names, 0-0, 0-0, 1-0, 1-0, 1-1......and the rare 4-0 blowouts. Outside of the occasional goalie play it's kicking the ball back and forth. He had no 90 minutes of anything reply.

Just my humble opinion of course. I'd rather watch chess. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, mjp28 said:

I've watched World Cup, Olympic and rare other games mainly following the USA and find it frightfully boring.

Must be all the 0-0, 1-0, 1-1 games. Mainly just people standing around  waiting for something to happen (like an outfielder in baseball?). Sorry looks like recess for big kids.

Once many years back, another sports board a guy was calling "it" 90 minutes of he11......really?  

The next day I posted all the scores, no names, 0-0, 0-0, 1-0, 1-0, 1-1......and the rare 4-0 blowouts. Outside of the occasional goalie play it's kicking the ball back and forth. He had no 60 minutes of anything reply.

Just my humble opinion of course. I'd rather watch chess. :lol:

I'd rather watch curling than soccer.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Just my humble opinion of course. I'd rather watch chess. :lol:

Me too:D

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Its Good to be The King

5kzKk1T.gif

Yeah, chest isn't a bad sport to watch (or play) either.:wub:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, hoorta said:

There's more action in 5 minutes of a soccer game than 2 hours worth of baseball. Baseball? I'd rather watch curling at the Olympics if give a choice.  I suppose I never warmed to it because growing up, the 60s Indians were consistently as bad as the recent vintage Browns. 

I like baseball because I played little league as a kid, and my dad would take us to Muni to watch the Indians.  During the days of Rocky Colovito, etc.   He used to take us to double headers, talk about a long day, especially if you lost both games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like the fifteenth chance to me. He's so lucky to have richy rich spoil you rotten parents. Phukk him!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Andrew PerloffVerified account @andrewperloff

"If Cleveland did any of their homework they would have known I wasn't a guy who came in every day and watch film. I wasn't a guy who really knew the X's and O's of football." - Johnny Manziel on @dpshow

6:28 AM - 4 Apr 2018

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's why it would seem the Mayfield comparisons are not accurate because Mayfield seems like a guy who is going to work hard and improve.   He could be more Wilson or Brees than Johnny dipstick.

Or at least that what I'll be hoping we're getting if the Browns should draft him.  I hope we get a guy like Wilson who spends his career pissed off that teams doubted him and spends all his time working to prove them wrong.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Andrew PerloffVerified account @andrewperloff

"If Cleveland did any of their homework they would have known I wasn't a guy who came in every day and watch film. I wasn't a guy who really knew the X's and O's of football." - Johnny Manziel on @dpshow

6:28 AM - 4 Apr 2018

What a douchebag.

I think he is my least favorite Brown of all time..

Zombo

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Andrew PerloffVerified account @andrewperloff

"If Cleveland did any of their homework they would have known I wasn't a guy who came in every day and watch film. I wasn't a guy who really knew the X's and O's of football." - Johnny Manziel on @dpshow

6:28 AM - 4 Apr 2018

Sounds like that was only one of the many screw ups by Ray Farmer. If they had dug a little deeper on Justin Gilbert, they would have passed there too.  Want to take a nauseating trip down memory lane to see just how bad Ray screwed up his drafts as Assistant and full GM? Try not to puke.  Three incredible busts in the first round, and only 4 contributing players- (5 if you count the departed Danny) in three drafts. 

2013 Barkevious Mingo, Leon McFadden, Jamoris Slaughter, Armonty Bryant

2014 Justin Gilbert, Johnny Manziel, Joel Bitonio, Christian Kirksey, Terrance West, Pierre Desir

2015 Danny Shelton, Cameron Erving, Nate Orchard, Duke Johnson, Xavier Cooper, Ibraheim Campbell, Vince Mayle, Charles Gaines, Malcom Johnson, Randall Telfer, Hayes Pullard, Ifo Ekpre-Olumo

 

     
     
     

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Zombo said:

What a douchebag.

I think he is my least favorite Brown of all time..

Zombo

Douchebag for sure, now that he made that statement how many NFL teams are going to give him a second chance, I’m going to say 0

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh Johnny the spin you spin..Not Farmer,Not Pettine,Not even Kyle Shanahan wanted you here..The only person that wanted you here was a Owner named Jimmy Haslam.The only a$$hat that believed Manziel Mania would fill his stadium in 2014. Hoyer can't help you, after committing yourself as a pro.Hoyer had 50 other players to worry about. Blame Haslam-Farmer-D.Loggains for giving you a 23 yr.old Connor Shaw to work with.Pro's have a work commitment that you choose not to commit to. Continue to play football in your empty garden till you can man up & point the finger at yourself..maybe your agent should tell you in the future, the CFL can make a decision to sit you also..quit speaking & let your play speak for you..anywhere you can get it  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lol... a response...

Robert KlemkoVerified account @RobertKlemko

Robert Klemko Retweeted Andrew Perloff

They *did* do their homework. The entire scouting staff was against drafting you. The worst team owner in North American sports pulled the trigger.

8:49 AM - 4 Apr 2018

 

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Mark O said:

That's why it would seem the Mayfield comparisons are not accurate

That's not the side of Johnny that Mayfield is being compared with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Manziel's father told the world in an interview BEFORE THE DRAFT that his son "drank at times to self-medicate". 

Johnny Manziel being a bust has to be one of the easiest predictions ever. It baffles me how many Browns fans were dying for the Browns to take him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×