THE BROWNS BOARD

Jonathan Paul Manziel

Adoug319

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, boo fagley said:

good for him.  If this 3 page thread is any indication, he still has the ability to generate excitement/sense of morbid curiosity.  Hope he gets back on track and can at least find a backup role on some NFL team. 

3 minutes ago, Browns1216 said:

good for him.  If this 3 page thread is any indication, he still has the ability to generate excitement/sense of morbid curiosity.  Hope he gets back on track and can at least find a backup role on some NFL team. 

Spring football is still football. I cant stand baseball.

16 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

I'm just curious, but why do you feel this way?

I mean, what exactly did he do that warrants him NEVER getting another chance in the NFL? I'm not a fan of his, but is there something hanging over him that would make it so a NFL team couldn't give him a chance if they wanted to in the future?

Too much of a risk/reward scenario. On top of the fact he didn't look great in the time he did play, he's got all the baggage with him (to include a domestic violence piece) that would just never make him look desirable enough for a team to consider him. The guys with serious baggage but got another 2nd chance (Mick Vick, Greg Hardy, etc) were extremely good football players before their indiscretions. 

To put it another way, if Colin K. can't find a job in the NFL because of his decisions, neither will Manziel. Owners are taking the extremely cautious approach to players nowadays for good reason. If Vick would have done what he did in 2017, he'd never have gotten a job again. 

46 minutes ago, boo fagley said:

Spring football is still football. I cant stand baseball.

........."March 28 in Austin, TX -- and during the 2017 season, several NFL scouts attended games to check out some of the players.

Previous Spring League players include Greg Hardy and Kellen Winslow Jr. 

Manziel issued a statement saying, "The Spring League has provided me with a great opportunity to play ball again, and ultimately, that is all I want to do."

"I miss the competition. I'd like to thank Brian Woods and The Spring League staff for this opportunity to play the game I love. I've made my share of mistakes, but I'm 25 years old and I know my best football is ahead of me."

The Spring League had previously made 2 conditions for Manziel to play -- nightly check-ins with a team staff member at 9:30 PM AND he must pass a USADA drug test on the first day of the league. 

No word if those conditions still apply.

The League tells TMZ Sports, ".......THE Authority in Sports Reporting, hey maybe it's true.

And Boo, what's so bad about baseball?  The only sport I know of you can fall asleep for an hour or so and not miss anything.  :lol:

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

........."March 28 in Austin, TX -- and during the 2017 season, several NFL scouts attended games to check out some of the players.

Previous Spring League players include Greg Hardy and Kellen Winslow Jr. 

Manziel issued a statement saying, "The Spring League has provided me with a great opportunity to play ball again, and ultimately, that is all I want to do."

"I miss the competition. I'd like to thank Brian Woods and The Spring League staff for this opportunity to play the game I love. I've made my share of mistakes, but I'm 25 years old and I know my best football is ahead of me."

The Spring League had previously made 2 conditions for Manziel to play -- nightly check-ins with a team staff member at 9:30 PM AND he must pass a USADA drug test on the first day of the league. 

No word if those conditions still apply.

The League tells TMZ Sports, ".......THE Authority in Sports Reporting, hey maybe it's true.

And Boo, what's so bad about baseball?  The only sport I know of you can fall asleep for an hour or so and not miss anything.  :lol:

Too many games and baseball is slow and boring. Football has taken over as the # 1 sport in this country and for good reason.

10 minutes ago, boo fagley said:

Too many games and baseball is slow and boring. Football has taken over as the # 1 sport in this country and for good reason.

They are trying like crazy to speed up baseball like the put the signal down and it's a four pitch walk, no pitches thrown......has to save what, 2 minutes. But hey I love baseball.....but I'm retired!

Now boringville, sock-her...... Zzzzzzzzzzzoooooooo. -_-

3 hours ago, mjp28 said:

They are trying like crazy to speed up baseball like the put the signal down and it's a four pitch walk, no pitches thrown......has to save what, 2 minutes. But hey I love baseball.....but I'm retired!

Now boringville, sock-her...... Zzzzzzzzzzzoooooooo. -_-

There's more action in 5 minutes of a soccer game than 2 hours worth of baseball. Baseball? I'd rather watch curling at the Olympics if give a choice.  I suppose I never warmed to it because growing up, the 60s Indians were consistently as bad as the recent vintage Browns. 

18 hours ago, hoorta said:

There's more action in 5 minutes of a soccer game than 2 hours worth of baseball. Baseball? I'd rather watch curling at the Olympics if give a choice.  I suppose I never warmed to it because growing up, the 60s Indians were consistently as bad as the recent vintage Browns. 

I've watched World Cup, Olympic and rare other games mainly following the USA and find it frightfully boring.

Must be all the 0-0, 1-0, 1-1 games. Mainly just people standing around  waiting for something to happen (like an outfielder in baseball?). Sorry looks like recess for big kids.

Once many years back, another sports board a guy was calling "it" 90 minutes of he11......really?  

The next day I posted all the scores, no names, 0-0, 0-0, 1-0, 1-0, 1-1......and the rare 4-0 blowouts. Outside of the occasional goalie play it's kicking the ball back and forth. He had no 90 minutes of anything reply.

Just my humble opinion of course. I'd rather watch chess. :lol:

14 hours ago, mjp28 said:

I've watched World Cup, Olympic and rare other games mainly following the USA and find it frightfully boring.

Must be all the 0-0, 1-0, 1-1 games. Mainly just people standing around  waiting for something to happen (like an outfielder in baseball?). Sorry looks like recess for big kids.

Once many years back, another sports board a guy was calling "it" 90 minutes of he11......really?  

The next day I posted all the scores, no names, 0-0, 0-0, 1-0, 1-0, 1-1......and the rare 4-0 blowouts. Outside of the occasional goalie play it's kicking the ball back and forth. He had no 60 minutes of anything reply.

Just my humble opinion of course. I'd rather watch chess. :lol:

I'd rather watch curling than soccer.

22 hours ago, hoorta said:

I like baseball because I played little league as a kid, and my dad would take us to Muni to watch the Indians.  During the days of Rocky Colovito, etc.   He used to take us to double headers, talk about a long day, especially if you lost both games.

• 1 month later...

Andrew PerloffVerified account @andrewperloff

"If Cleveland did any of their homework they would have known I wasn't a guy who came in every day and watch film. I wasn't a guy who really knew the X's and O's of football." - Johnny Manziel on @dpshow

6:28 AM - 4 Apr 2018

That's why it would seem the Mayfield comparisons are not accurate because Mayfield seems like a guy who is going to work hard and improve.   He could be more Wilson or Brees than Johnny dipstick.

Or at least that what I'll be hoping we're getting if the Browns should draft him.  I hope we get a guy like Wilson who spends his career pissed off that teams doubted him and spends all his time working to prove them wrong.

4 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

"If Cleveland did any of their homework they would have known I wasn't a guy who came in every day and watch film. I wasn't a guy who really knew the X's and O's of football." - Johnny Manziel on @dpshow

What a douchebag.

I think he is my least favorite Brown of all time..

Zombo

4 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Sounds like that was only one of the many screw ups by Ray Farmer. If they had dug a little deeper on Justin Gilbert, they would have passed there too.  Want to take a nauseating trip down memory lane to see just how bad Ray screwed up his drafts as Assistant and full GM? Try not to puke.  Three incredible busts in the first round, and only 4 contributing players- (5 if you count the departed Danny) in three drafts. 

2013 Barkevious Mingo, Leon McFadden, Jamoris Slaughter, Armonty Bryant

2014 Justin Gilbert, Johnny Manziel, Joel Bitonio, Christian Kirksey, Terrance West, Pierre Desir

2015 Danny Shelton, Cameron Erving, Nate Orchard, Duke Johnson, Xavier Cooper, Ibraheim Campbell, Vince Mayle, Charles Gaines, Malcom Johnson, Randall Telfer, Hayes Pullard, Ifo Ekpre-Olumo

45 minutes ago, Zombo said:

What a douchebag.

I think he is my least favorite Brown of all time..

Zombo

Douchebag for sure, now that he made that statement how many NFL teams are going to give him a second chance, I’m going to say 0

Oh Johnny the spin you spin..Not Farmer,Not Pettine,Not even Kyle Shanahan wanted you here..The only person that wanted you here was a Owner named Jimmy Haslam.The only a$$hat that believed Manziel Mania would fill his stadium in 2014. Hoyer can't help you, after committing yourself as a pro.Hoyer had 50 other players to worry about. Blame Haslam-Farmer-D.Loggains for giving you a 23 yr.old Connor Shaw to work with.Pro's have a work commitment that you choose not to commit to. Continue to play football in your empty garden till you can man up & point the finger at yourself..maybe your agent should tell you in the future, the CFL can make a decision to sit you also..quit speaking & let your play speak for you..anywhere you can get it  

lol... a response...

Robert KlemkoVerified account @RobertKlemko

Robert Klemko Retweeted Andrew Perloff

They *did* do their homework. The entire scouting staff was against drafting you. The worst team owner in North American sports pulled the trigger.

8:49 AM - 4 Apr 2018

7 hours ago, Mark O said:

That's why it would seem the Mayfield comparisons are not accurate

That's not the side of Johnny that Mayfield is being compared with.

Manziel's father told the world in an interview BEFORE THE DRAFT that his son "drank at times to self-medicate". 

Johnny Manziel being a bust has to be one of the easiest predictions ever. It baffles me how many Browns fans were dying for the Browns to take him. 

9 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

It baffles me how many Browns fans were dying for the Browns to take him.

I'm sure they had no idea that he wasn't an X's and O's guy....and never watched film.   BUT the adults in charge of the team should've been able to find that out.  

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

The worst team owner in North American sports

This is hard to argue with.  He ruined the team to such an extent and then changed the uniforms into clown outfits.  I half expect him to come out of the owners box and shoot the team dog some half time.

Archived