THE BROWNS BOARD

Jonathan Paul Manziel

Adoug319

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What I hope anyway that people can take away from this situation is that addiction grabs people from all walks of life. Here's a guy who lived a cushy life from childhood, was blessed with immense talent, and still is literally killing himself because addiction controls his life. I can't say I feel bad for the guy but it's sad lot to see that's for sure.

Don't be a dick.

The guy wore the colors, let's hope he turns a corner and has a great life.

Zombo

He doesnt care about Cleveland.. He does not care about you, Me or anyone else here on the board.. And why should we care about this asshole.. he shit on our colors dude... so shit on him!

Don't be a dick.

Zombo

Definitely in a downward spiral. Hope he realizes it before it's too late.

Are his friends now worried he'll die and their golden egg will be gone?

Might be part of it, LB. But at the rate he's spending it, the Gravy Train is going to run out of gravy in a couple of months anyway. I have to believe some of his friends are genuinely concerned about his well being. Man, coke and booze- a bad combination.

What I hope anyway that people can take away from this situation is that addiction grabs people from all walks of life. Here's a guy who lived a cushy life from childhood, was blessed with immense talent, and still is literally killing himself because addiction controls his life. I can't say I feel bad for the guy but it's sad lot to see that's for sure.

Just one of the higher profile ones, but not the only one in a long list. Heath Ledger- Phillip Seymour Hoffman, Michael Jackson maybe Prince. Back in my day, Jim Morrison, Jimi Hendrix, and Janis Joplin.

He doesn't care about Cleveland.. He does not care about you, Me or anyone else here on the board.. And why should we care about this asshole.. he shit on our colors dude... so shit on him!

True enough Nickers. JF is probably only concerned where his next fix is coming from. Shades of Al Pacino playing Tony Montana in Scarface, burying his nose in a mountain of coke near the end of the movie. Substance abuse will do that to you.

If you believe every human life has value, it's sad to see someone drug his away.

He doesnt care about Cleveland.. He does not care about you, Me or anyone else here on the board.. And why should we care about this asshole.. he shit on our colors dude... so shit on him!

Strangely enough, when I see a troubled young man, I like to see a happy ending.

Not judging your way, though.

Z

--I just wanted him off our roster. Hoping he turns the corner in the real world.

Definitely in a downward spiral. Hope he realizes it before it's too late.

Just one of the higher profile ones, but not the only one in a long list. Heath Ledger- Phillip Seymour Hoffman, Michael Jackson maybe Prince. Back in my day, Jim Morrison, Jimi Hendrix, and Janis Joplin.

If you believe every human life has value, it's sad to see someone drug his away.

Saddest part is that it seems that the folks above reached a level of brilliance and/or talent where self destruction became the next step.

Frankly, it makes me appreciate the fact that I'm an average guy who still enjoys life's simple pleasures.

Mike

I never followed JM off the field at A&M. But anytime I could catch this kid on the field at A&M. JM was amazing to watch. I don't care if it is Arena or CFL. I want to see that JM again. It also shows how tough it really is to step out of the shadows of a NCAA College Game into the Professional League at the Highest Level. But choosing your life over your Lifestyle? Come on Johnny & Good Luck..

Strangely enough, when I see a troubled young man, I like to see a happy ending.

Not judging your way, though.

Z

--I just wanted him off our roster. Hoping he turns the corner in the real world.

I don't wish ill on the kid , I really don't. He needs to wake up.. I just fear it's too late.

Don't be a dick.

Zombo

Well said, what kind of person wants to take bets on another's death - you should boot that idiot off the board.

Manziel just went missing in NY.

Home Alone part 2. Sounds like the Water Bandits may need the Helliiicopper!! Again.. sorry could not pass

I've been saying this for a while now, and it makes me incredibly sad. Addiction doesn't care what race you are, how rich you are, or what you do for a living. Addiction wants to take everything from you, and lastly take your life. I've seen it too many times, and it's awful. The only hope Johnny has for a successful life is to admit he's powerless against his addiction, and fully admit that he needs professional help. Not for a month, 12 weeks, or whatever length of time. He needs it FOREVER. There is no cure for this. It's something he must work at for the rest of his life, and right now, he's not there yet. Hopefully he figures it out before it's too late.

Archived