THE BROWNS BOARD

Jonathan Paul Manziel

Adoug319

We have a good number of draft picks. Manziel is "boom or bust" with the highest potential in the upcoming draft. The kid is spunky, a playmaker, instinctive as hell & tough, BUT he could crash. Why not draft him AND another QB such as a Garoppolo/Mettenberger, etc in the 3rd (Hoyer is currently all we have) or trade for Cousins in addition to the Manziel pick? That way, we cover a potential bust, create excitement, & have our 3 QBs with upside. Just a thought.

Mike

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So if I watch the game tonight what should i look for and expect? Is he different than McCoy was at Texas?

If he can duplicate what Rodgers did on the last play of Sunday's game in Chicago I would be fueling the private jet up for a meet and greet in Texas or wherever Johnny ends up after tonight's game.

I've not done any homework on the up and coming QB's for next year's draft, but based on the input TCPO has posted here....I'm for Bortles. I was relieved when Browns lost the bid to grab the RG3 pick, because his style of play is too risky IMO. And look what happened, he already had a major knee injury in his rookie year. AFC North is a tough division, and many games played in adverse weather conditions. Get a bigger QB who hopefully has some decent mobility too. Somebody like Manziel probably won't last here. Not if he has to face AFC North defenses twice a year.

That being said...I'm also in the camp that think the FO is going to pursue McDaniels hard. And from what I've read that most likely means a guy like Manziel will be who they go after in the draft.

I've not done any homework on the up and coming QB's for next year's draft, but based on the input TCPO has posted here....I'm for Bortles. I was relieved when Browns lost the bid to grab the RG3 pick, because his style of play is too risky IMO. And look what happened, he already had a major knee injury in his rookie year. AFC North is a tough division, and many games played in adverse weather conditions. Get a bigger QB who hopefully has some decent mobility too. Somebody like Manziel probably won't last here. Not if he has to face AFC North defenses twice a year.

That being said...I'm also in the camp that think the FO is going to pursue McDaniels hard. And from what I've read that most likely means a guy like Manziel will be who they go after in the draft.

Exactly! That's why I think it wise to draft TWO QBs in this draft.

Mike

Rodgers is listed at 6'2'', 225, and I personally think that is a stretch. He has thrived in the frozen tundra more, I think, on brains than brawn. Dude is the iceman at the line of scrimmage and

doesn't get rattled when the pocket begins to implode. He is fundamentally in step on all of his throws. Watch his footwork on the winning toss in the Chicago game. Dude is a warrior.

Rookie QB bust factor certainly not an exact science with early breakthroughs being the exception. Sure glad I am not in charge of picking the next Andrew Luck.

So far, not impressed. Off passes, almost there passes our WR have no way of catching (little, Bess) any new guy. Isn't Duke know for there basketball and raping laqrouse team?

More evaluation to come from the "great white hope of Cleveland" review.

Looking at how he can change our team next year. With our revamped D from last year..... We are looking at the same old song and dance. F picking a QB in the first this year. Manziel, Carr, Bridgewater, or anyone else who will fail if we don't fix our D or O line. waste of a pick. Don't give a flying F if a better team pick them up and does better than us next year. We have a shit load of holes to plug up. Look at Bradford or stafford in their first years. how many wins how many playoff appearances? I mean a better team by them building the O-line, WR corp, and running game.. Put P manning on our team this past year and he would have sucked and been a cripple.

No other position directly affects whether you win or lose as much as the QB position. If you got a good one, you win, and the whole team looks better. If you don't you lose and convince yourself its the oline and defenses fault.

No way in hell we come out of the first round without a QB

And bye the way, we'd be superbowl contenders with Manning. No doubt about it.

Archived